LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

He was sensational the first two series but I think he might have an ankle injury since they mentioned it after game 1 or 2. His numbers look great because he's dominating all the possessions. It's pointless comparing stats these days. Guys can have bad games but on paper, come out with 34/8/8 because the ball is in their possession 75% of the time.

2. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Bron does look a little fatigued. This every other Day schedule is brutal on Vets, not to mention all the Media attention LeBron has to deal with. Hopefully we can end this in 5 & get a bit of a rest.

Weezy and TIME like this.
  3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    LeBron needs the Armstrong blood cheat procedure

LTLakerFan likes this.
  4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lebron and the Lakers need to just squeak this title out and then next year, I would almost guarantee, the Lakers will get the 3rd star here using Green's contract and fillers. Which would lesson the load for Lebron for next year.

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Nice all-around player, but he has never been a closer. It was nice to see the ball in Rondo’s hands down the stretch, and for LeBron to focus on defense.

There is no shame in that, but let’s not pretend he’s something he’s not. He’s very limited on offensive moves, and it’s why so many say he’s not the GOAT. Kobe or Jordan could literally get a shot off from anywhere on the floor, and you were scared to death it was going in. Nobody fears LeBron like that.

TIME and CarolinaLakerFan like this.
  6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

That ankle injury has to be bothering him more than hes letting on. He hasnt looked right since first half of game 2. And in that game the second half was brutal for him if I remember correctly.

7. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

He's been a closer on several occasions but yeah the the unwillingness to take the pull up J from midrange has been a weakness down the stretch .

8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I don't know man. He's played 4 games after a week off. I don't think it's standard fatigue. I think his ankle is bothering him after he rolled it a few games ago. a 4 game in 7 night stretch is completely normal.

lakerjones likes this.
  10. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't even have to be a star. There was the Oladipo rumor. Not sure I'd call him a star, but he's plenty as a third option when you have AD and Bron.

11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Dragic would be the absolute perfect fit. Oladipo wouldn't even be fair. I doubt Indiana makes that deal anyways.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  12. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Victor hasn't looked good at all coming back from his injury but he's on just his last year. Do we have anything the Pacers would even want?

Pioneer10 likes this.
  13. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

This is the only reason I think Indiana would consider this: they may want to dump to save money because they're not sure he can come back.

14. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

It was nice to see Lebron impact the game defensively in the 4th quarter when his offense was stinking it up. He is absolutely gassed. The quicker we put this series to bed the better. Denver has a way of wearing you down after game 4. Utah and the load managers were on fumes in games 5-7.

Barnstable likes this.
  15. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Credit to lebron for stepping uip defensively when his shot wasn't falling. That's what superstars do.

Everyone forgets Kobe went 6/24 in Game 7 against Boston but he made up for it with 15 rebounds and premier defense on Boston's guards. That's what you have to do sometimes to win.

LeBron is most definitely a closer and has been all his career actually - not sure where you're getting that from @sirronstuff but your hate for LeBron is actually pretty ridiculous at this point. I'd love to cite all the times he's "closed"...but i'll just use one example for now - down 3-1 against the greatest team of all time (73-9 warriors) and he pulls off the comeback. He got help from Kyrie of course, but LeBron I think led both teams in every statistical category in the finals or somethinc razy liek that. Also...he came back from down 3-2 in the NBA finals against the Spurs, also cmae back from down 3-2 to Boston in the conference finals when he wsa in Miami...and he's one of the best ever in Game 7 (check his stats). Not sure how much more "closer" you can get with that....and he's also like undefeated in close-out games...meaning when he's 1 win away from movingn forward to next round? he's never lost.

I know we're all down on LeBron right now and I see that he's not completely himself...but make no mistake about it...LeBron isn't letting us lose this series.

16. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

What's funny is that he hit his FT's and didn't have any TO's: this is why advanced stats love him as he's a jack of all trades.

His jumper and his offense sucked in the 4th but if you stop the opposing teams best player and are able to milk clock, not turn it over, and hit your FT's, your going to win tight games.

I totally suspect if his offense was going, he'd have more TO's as he would have been trying Magic Johnson type of stuff.

17. sirronstuff

I think you misunderstand me. I’ll be the first to say Lebron is one of the all-time greats. The fact that it’s possible that he’ll be the all-time leader in points is absurd given the fact that his offensive arsenal is very limited.

any astute basketball fan would look at a shot chart and see clusters at the basket and behind the three-point line. that’s pretty much it. That last mid range that LeBron took, Denver stacked five guys in the paint to prevent the drive.

if he can’t drive the paint, and he doesn’t always have confidence in his three point shot, then he is limited. But put the ball in Jamal Murray‘s hands, and you are completely unsure of what is going to happen next.

has LeBron had some great closing moments in his 17 year career? Yes. have his teammates that he willingly gave up the ball to in crunch time had just as many or more? Also Yes.

I don’t think this is an insult to LeBron, but he’s not the guy that you are going to give the rock to and say go get us a bucket. He is just as likely to pass it as to shoot it, and we are all used to the Kobe mentality and living or dying with our superstar taking that responsibility on his shoulders. It’s just two different approaches. But no, he’s not a closer in my book. That last game rondo showed more balls than he did down the stretch with willingness to take key shots. It just is what it is, but it doesn’t mean he’s not going to have key baskets in crunch time. He just is more likely to take them when it’s a sure thing versus force the issue.

and that’s exactly why Kobe never shot 50% LOL

18. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ yeah... but Bron's approach is smarter/better. He'll choose the right play more often than not. Nothing like a game winner over 3 defenders on a fadeaway jumpshot though. Right? ;)

19. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    We were spoiled with Kobe. This is how most others feel. At least we knew Kobe wanted the shot/moment. There's nothing wrong at all with Lebron not being Kobe in that respect, but we just flat out aren't used to playoff basketball without a killer.

20. sirronstuff

Two of the all time best to ever do it. Two completely different approaches. But if you ask most fans who the closer is between them, what’s the answer?

both of these guys in their 17th seasons are absurd. Sometimes I wish Kobe had the ability to take his foot off the throttle like LeBron has throughout his career, but he wasn’t wired like that. had he taken a week in Miami from time to time, we may have gotten to enjoy three more years at the end of his prime.

TIME likes this.