LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Badly needs a trip in Miami during the ASB

2. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    The sad thing is, Bron is certainly convinced he had a fantastic game. Because, you know - the stats. I am sure this was a unique statline not witnessed in like forever, we should be proud.

Cookie, alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

You know what I hate from LBJ and he was guilty of it a lot last night - assist hunting. When he has made up his mind before crossing half court that he's not even going to look at the rim. He gets trapped at the top of the key or 3 point line, waiting for a teammate to come bail him out and he forces a pass. There's no offense, no flow, nothing. Drive and kick or f***ing put the ball in the goddamn basket yourself. You're bigger, faster, and stronger than 99% of the opposition. He turned down a play going to the rim with the hawks baby Curry on him. Weak s***.

4. FrickTheDubs

FrickTheDubs - Rookie -

LeBron must really be one of the Goats to have that be considered a terrible game. He didn’t play great by any means but the reactions show how high he’s set the bar, especially when you consider how many layups were missed that he spoon fed.

I know you guys hate stats but it’s hard to put up 28-16-11 and still have a terrible game. He was good but not good enough. The team’s problems go way further than him.

He’s definitely not the reason the team is losing and he’s still getting back in game shape after the injury. I think he’s gonna be playing a lot of minutes to finish out the season and he’s not gonna let them miss the playoffs.

5. FrickTheDubs

FrickTheDubs - Rookie -

What passes were forced? He only had 2 turnovers and he definitely wasn’t giving the ball up at the end of the shot clock for bad shots. The Hawks were crowding the paint and he was finding open man after open man. Wide open 3s and easy layups, but the team had a particularly bad night making the bunnies.

I do agree with you though that there’s sometimes where he needs to just say f*** it and attack the rim full force without overthinking.

6. shoe

shoe - Rookie -

He should have been able to take over in the 4th against the freakin Hawks.

He looks a bit slower/lacks some explosion since coming back from the injury.

7. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The real problem is the lazy tone he and the vets he gave his ok to sign i.e Lance and Rondo are setting on the defensive end .

NOT EVEN TRYING

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He just can't help himself. ***Because I'm an All Star. Obviously.***

Didn’t you just take off two weeks douche?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Cookie likes this.
  9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Lebron isn't playing bad per se. He's actually playing quite well. And I'm not going to accuse him of stat padding either. Where Lebron James hurts this team is in the chemistry/unity department. The AD trade and everything that went with it was on him. He and his agent were pushing the Lakers to trade everyone and everything not nailed down. When you had "The Process" going on in Philly, they had the luxury of drafting two cornerstones that would not be moved in Embiid and Simmons. Before those two got there, you had a bunch of guys playing for themselves and not ever building chemistry because they knew they were just assets that would/could be flipped in a moments notice. When Embiid and Simmons got there it brought a unity and cohesiveness to the team.

In our "Inadvertent Process" we never nabbed one dude that everyone knew would not be moved. In the beginning of the season everyone was comfortable because they thought this was the team we would roll with. None of these guys would be traded cause they weren't when we had a chance at Kawhi. But that comfort and security is gone now because they are not safe. They know their self-proclaimed leader not only doesn't have their back, he actively pushed to get them traded. Why should these guys care about Lebron's legacy? They will not be a part of it.

I think that Boston win was more a point of pride where they felt slighted that the Boston package was supposedly so much better. But without that motivation, they don't give a f*** anymore. And I'll be honest, I don't blame them.

tada, LTLakerFan, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

trade him to LAC and we'll see how "good" the rest of the team really is lol

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i shudder to think how bad this team would be without lebron

probably not much higher than the suns in the standings

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

better than phx in the west...and that's it. basically same as the last few years.

Kenzo, 432J and ElginTheGreat like this.
  13. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    Without Bron, this team would have other players on it though. Players worth approx. USD 40m to be more precise. No way to tell how good it would be considering Bron takes up more than 30% of our cap.

Edit - and dare I say it - the chemistry could pptentially be much, much better.

Toklat, Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Of course it could have been much better than now as it was fine all along until LeBron OK'd moving every last one of them including Rondo.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Toklat and sirronstuff like this.
  15. sirronstuff

This x 1000

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

whether they'd be good is another story, I could easily see Rob/Magic rolling over that cap space again and doing more 1yr signings. Maybe they could've gotten some minor assets for absorbing expiring contracts from teams looking to get under the tax but again I could def. see them rolling over the cap space, I'm pretty sure they still wouldn't have brought back Randle (still only offering him 1yr deal), Lopez might have been brought back as Mcgee doesn't come since we have no Lebron.

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah...mozdeng took up 30% of the cap, too. neither that nor the rollover is appealing. lebron was an absolute must-do. like, of the highest order. we're dealing with some of the negative fallout there, but make no mistake: in terms of cache, his decision rescued the franchise from the abyss. i mean, lamarcus aldridge was clowning us a few years ago. lamarcus aldridge. greg monroe chose milwaukee over us (thank the sweet lord). that lebron came here over basically everywhere is worth its weight in gold.

Kenzo likes this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  19. sirronstuff

He’s obviously lost a step or two.

20. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I hear ya, but just curious, who would it realistically be?

[​IMG]

Joker, Gordon, Parker, LaVine, Capela, Smart were all restricted.

Paula, Jules and Ariza rushed to their contracts without even giving us consideration due to the Mintz angle.

Paul, KD and JJ weren't coming due to establishing their bird rights with their respective teams.

Which guys were realistically options that weren't of the MozDeng variety.

Also shooters in last summers free agency were limited and you really shrink that list by only putting them on 1yr stopgap contracts.

Lastly, with the Bron/Klutch angle we're much more of a reality for AD to be his final landing spot and guys like Simmons and Dejounte are more of a reality as well.

I know I've been harsh using #LakersBawl of late cause our frustrations are real and justified. But we seem to complain without really providing any viable answers/options.

OmarE, Kenzo, abeer3 and 1 other person like this.