LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ time for you to finally watch a game my man ;)
    Bron gets slapped and hacked almost every time he drives to the basket. Reminds me a bit of the old, Shaq days. Refs swallows their whistles for the bigger/stronger guys.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I watch some, but if I miss some games I don’t even notice.

That’s sad.

:dwightcrying:

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  3. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Lol, you said that like it was an aha moment. Efficiency is overrated.

Kobe’s inefficiency made him to be 5-2 in the finals and Lebron’s efficiency made him 3-6 in the finals in which he had the better teams than Kobe for at least 8 of those trips. You could possibly argue about that 07 Cavs team.

:Shaqdisappointed:

jbiggs and sirronstuff like this.
  4. sirronstuff

G.O.A.T.

[​IMG]

L.M.B.O.

[​IMG]

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  5. sirronstuff

I watched tonight's game based on your recommendation. Thanks for that bro.

:Lonzoball Watching:

I owe you one.

6. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

My bad LOL. At least you can blame it all on Lebron and hate away ;)

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Yes Kobe went 5-2...against the Pacers, Nets and 76ers...3 teams that couldn't match the Lakers talent-wise and were mostly a one man show.

Kobe also had Shaq, who was the most dominant force in all of basketball during the 3-peat, even ahead of Kobe. The toughest test came against the C Bags and the Lakers went 1-1. That solidified Kobe as the greatest Laker of all-time to me.

LeBron absolutely failed in 2011 against Dallas, no excuses. Kobe also had some dark moments vs. the Pistons, except for his historic game 2 performance, he struggled most of the series...but LeBron lost mostly to a historic Spurs team a couple of times with all time great players and lost to a historic Golden State team 3 times during the last 4 years, the team has will go down as one if not the greatest of all-times. Comparing their championships as a measure of efficiency doesn't make sense to me.

Juronimo, shoe and Savory Griddles like this.
  8. bleras

bleras - Rookie -

Didn't the Lakers face much tougher competition in the West on their runs than Lebron in any of his? Why bring the eight straight finals (amazing achievement), but disregard the Finals records? It doesn't make any sense to me. Kobe faced more +50 win teams, it isn't even close. The 2001 and 2010 are two of the three teams that beat 4 50+ teams during a playoff run, and Kobe was clearly the best player in 2010, and he was amazing in that 2001 run, at least as dominant as Shaq (probably that was the best team ever).

Plus, Kobe played most of his prime in a much tougher defensive era, and against some of the greatest defensive teams of all time, the 2000s Spurs, 2004 Pistons, 2008-2010 C Bags... Yes, the Warriors are an all-time great team, but they aren't an all time great team defensively, you can put empty numbers against them and look like you did everything you could, forgetting about the other side of the floor.

And even taking all these things into account, he was pretty efficient in almost all of his deep playoff runs, just check his TS% numbers. He is never going to be as efficient as Lebron, because Lebron's numbers inside the paint are ridiculous, but you can check Kobe's shooting playoff numbers, and see that his FG% is better than Lebron from any distance outside 3 feet. In fact, Kobe was +40% from any distance inside the 3 point line throughout his career, which I don't think many players can say, and shows what an amazing scorer he was from mid range. I know that today's NBA is all about 3s and dunks, but during Kobe's prime it was a very important skill that opened up the game for his teammates. I think that some of Kobe's impact went well beyond the numbers.

About rebounds and assist, Lebron has the edge here, but I don't think is that big, Kobe had very good assist numbers given that he played the Triangle Offense most of his career, and was a great rebounder for a guard. You have to take into account that in today's NBA offensive numbers are crazy around the league. Sure, there are some great players, but the game has changed.

Look, I'm not saying that Kobe is better, or that you can't argue that Lebron is the better player, what I'm trying to say is that there is in fact an argument and is not as clear as ESPN and the media try to say. It makes me sick that they try to diminish Kobe's accomplishments, even saying that he isn't top 10 and I see now that some Lakers fans are joining the cause because we have the King. Kobe was flawed in some ways, but he earned those championships defeating 25 50+ win teams during his career, more than any other recent all time great.

jbiggs, tada, Big Mamma Jamma and 5 others like this.
  9. sirronstuff

Most players and coaches are picking Kobe on their team instead of Lebron if they want to win. If you need a guy with the balls to take over the game, Kobe is your guy.

Period.

it's even why Kobe said he would have liked to have played with Lebron. There would be no discussion on who the alpha was, and he knew Lebron would give him the ball when he told him too, and didn't have the confidence to take the last shot.

That's the guy I want on my team, not the steroid enhanced drama queen narcissistic douche who holds the ball til 5 seconds left and dishes to the unsuspecting teammate who then gets the ugly look for missing the impossible shot up against the shot clock. (Or Lebron complains about the non foul to the ref instead of getting back on D while his guy goes down for an uncontested layup)

/end rant

P.S. Give me Kobe all day, every day. Shortcomings, warts, and all. He'll take the challenge of shutting down the other guy's best player. Lebron doesn't. He wants the ball at the end, and he's damn fun to watch.

[​IMG]

10. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Kobe had Shaq, yes, but Shaq had Kobe. Let’s not forget, Lakers don’t win those 3 titles without Kobe. Sure Kobe has had lots of inefficient games, but he’s had more efficient games than he’s had inefficient ones despite the narrative the media tries to portray, but the thing about him is that he wasn’t afraid to miss and he didn’t care about his numbers and stats. He cared about doing whatever it took to win. If that meant his game was inefficient but he got the win, then so be it.

Now on the flip side you have Lebron who is a very efficient, high IQ basketball player, who I believe cares more about his numbers and just having fun playing basketball than actually competing/winning, so that’s why I say efficiency is overrated because he’ll lose, but as long as he got his amazingly dominating and efficient numbers, it’s all good. #checkmystats remember. I believe Lebron is scared to miss and/or mess up his numbers. I’m probably wrong, but just going by the body of work and the sample size he has shown me, I tend to believe it is true.

This is why I can never put him over Jordan and Kobe, no matter what numbers he ends up with or records he sets/breaks, because to me it’s all fluff. And that’s not hate at all. A lot of you on here have seen me give props to Bron and say that I’ve never hated the guy, the player, the man. I’m even happy he came here, I respect him for that. This is not even a Kobe vs Lebron thing, or even a Lebron as a Lakers thing. This is a Lebron vs all the greats things. The greats are continually disrespected when people place him above everyone else. I don’t get it and I don’t see it.

Numbers wise, he is the best at what he does and he should be and will be on the Mt Rushmore. But skills? Nope, not there witcha.

So while you can’t prove that efficiency or the lack there of determines your championships won/loss record, you have to just look at it for what it is. The less efficient player has won more than the highly efficient one, where the highly efficient one has had more to work with and has had the bias of the league and the media backing him, so...

jbiggs likes this.
  11. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

How about we appreciate what we had and what we do have.

Yall can create a GOAT thread if y'all want to continue the discussion.

Anyways back to this discussion...bruh just found a loop hole to free agency...

#YouJustSignedA4YearDeal
    #WhatUMean,LeBronWatch?

Also...#CheckHisStats...

[​IMG]

Juronimo, alam1108 and lakerjones like this.
  12. sirronstuff

:Kareemlook:

be careful it doesn't get caught in your throat bro

13. vasashi17

Has to come out yours first...but thx for the "heads up"

#SirronF***nUpTheRotationAgain

Juronimo and alam1108 like this.
  14. sirronstuff

15. vasashi17

My reaction everytime I come across a sirron Bron troll post:

16. sirronstuff

he watched it!

:Kobe Snickering:

:Semicrazylance:

Successful troll is successful

[​IMG]

I think I'm up by at least this many now....

:Kobetofive:

but you're doing better these days.... keep it coming!

:Magicwink:

Lakeshow85 and jbiggs like this.
  17. vasashi17

One of these days Alice...

One of these days your own trolls will cut ya haha...

[​IMG]

But thank goodness, Bron's "stuff" will prevent you from bleeding out.

#WayToUseYour"Head"
    [​IMG]

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

[​IMG] [​IMG] #lame

[​IMG]

Lakeshow85 and jbiggs like this.
  19. vasashi17

Really?

I took your throat thing and turned it on its "head"...same concept, but mine's lame. Go figure...it's cause you a lame"brain".

Anyways, it seems like you love to give it, but when it comes to taking it back... Your head ain't in the game.

That's fine...bend the knee and keep being the good lil giver you are.

[​IMG]

#GameOfThroats

20. sirronstuff