LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I'm catching up going backwards. WTF inspired this?

:Crazyartest:

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham

this

3. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Oh of course, the instigator. Doesn't want you to know I checked with Barns and him on PM if either knew where you were or if you were OK. Barns was not sure and going to check but Mr Sentimental here just said, who cares?

:Magicwow4:

:Fishwink:

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    :LLLLLebronlaughing:he's fine...see. And I told you so, now go get some sleep LT

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

And they say he had no help in Cleveland...

I guess the Lakers game was the come up...

6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Lebron played 38 mins, I think the entire 4th too, and we squeaked out a win against the freaking Mavs by 1 point. WTF

7. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Some more holy **** back that up and play again passes last night.

8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think LeBron looks pretty gassed at the end of games generally. Last night was no exception. He looked dominant in the 2nd and 3rd, but the 4th he lost steam.

Luke has to find ways to win games that don't involve LeBron bailing us out at the end. Sure he wanted to do that by giving Ingram the shot to win the game down the stretch, but how about doing it earlier so that we're not constantly looking at LeBron to save the day.

That's by no means an excuse for LeBron, he needs to play better at the end of games, but we also need better empowerment of our other players so they're not looking around for someone else to win the game. What was Ingram doing on that travel? Why is Kuzma missing bunnies?

Lakeshow85 and lakerjones like this.
  9. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

The passes were amazing, the $tats were superstar level once again, it's impossible to complain about that. And I don't know if it's Bron's fault or not, but man... this unproductive iso stuff with him and Ingram has to stop. And he is the man on this team, he needs to teach these kids not to crumble in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Someone like Hart gets a pass, he does not have the experience, of course he will make mistakes under pressure. But Bron needs to be more assertive and teach them. I don't see we are learning anything yet, and that's a shame, because the talent is there. Kick their butts Bron, that's why you are here. Do whatever is necessary, be a leader. Other than that, I have no complaints about his play, we don't need him to score 50 and grab 20 boards. We need to "make the guys better" - that is what is known for, right? This will help in the long run, so that Luke does not run him into the ground. He is tired in the 4th, you can see it. In fact, he's the only 30+ year old in the league who can even do this without complaining, but there is no need... we need to develop and use our youth better.

On a positive note, his 1/2 on FTs in the clutch actually won the game, so... I'll take it.

10. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

He’s an exceptional player.

11. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

For someone as physically and athletically gifted as Lebron is, his lack of post game is kinda disappointing. Even with how strong he is, he doesn't or can't establish low post position for easy buckets. That's one element to his game he could improve on, especially if he wants to extend his career. It's less taxing on the body. It would open up so much more for him offensively. He just doesn't have the footwork or arsenal to do it yet. It's limited to a quick turn around jumper or powering over his defender.

12. vasashi17

Also he's a pretty decent passer from the triple post, wouldn't you say?

They were talking about it in training camp that he would play more from the post this year. I understand that Bron has many hats to fill on this team but considering Dae-dae has a similar body type but not the offensive cachet that Bron has, how dude has 15 more touches from the post than Bron at this point of the season is embarrassing.

13. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Can't complain about having LeBron...he makes the right plays almost every time. Just needs to hit those FT's and layups!

Defensively though...I'd like to see a bit more effort from him. Or, don't have him guarding ANY perimeter players because he gets smoked every time now

14. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

With his size and strength and quickness and passing ability that would seem to be a no brainer to exploit. And then all the other guys in those situations can fly around and cut hopefully.

15. vasashi17

Yeah, Hollinger's PER comes to mind...because he's putting his own opinion of what's a positive stat and a negative stat and churning it out into a metric. So I don't even really call PER a stat...its a metric derived from how one opines a stat.

But seeing how this is Bron's thread, his PER puts him at 12th overall in the league...according to Hollinger. #DoBetter

16. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Uhh yeah. The staff should come up with a way to get Lebron in the post. He's so gassed because he keeps trying to be a perimeter player. If he is primarily in the post, not only will he be more effective but he'll be less exhausted in the 4th quarter.

This goes for defense as well. Put him in the post and let him and McGee protect the rim. We have young athletic guys to guard the perimeter. Lebron in the post would open up a lot for us, would also allow Lonzo to run the offense more.

17. therealdeal

I don't disagree with that, but I think it's difficult to say definitively that LeBron is trying to be a perimeter player when it's entirely possible Luke is calling those plays.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  18. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Really? Lebron has primarily been a perimeter player his whole career. Don't see how that would be a coaching thing.

Barnstable and sirronstuff like this.
  19. therealdeal

Just because something has been a certain way, doesn't mean it is now. LeBron I'm sure is more comfortable playing on the perimeter, but that doesn't mean that's how we're scheming him now.

I actually disagree with him going to the low post more often. He's a big guy and he's okay in the post, but I much prefer him in the elbow/high post area where he can hit cutters and the corners more easily. It also give him more room to face up and drive if he has a smaller guy on him. His elbow touches are up slightly per game from 1.5 last year to 2 this year. His low post touches are down from 4.4 last year to 3 thus far this year.

Oddly for my argument his PPT at the elbow this year are down .228 while his PPT in the post are up .196 (although he was terrible at creating points from the post last year at just .387). For everyone complaining about his efficiency in the paint this year, his PPT in the paint are up from .991 to 1.28. Still I like giving him the option to find cutters from the elbow. Often he finds Kuzma moving around towards the basket, Lonzo too, Ingram to a lesser degree. Weirdly I don't think Hart is great at cutting.

20. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Didn't Kobe extend the offer to LeBron anything he needed just holler? How about some tutoring in the gym to finally get serious about that back to the basket game? It's improved a tiny bit but as someone mentioned .... really only for the fall away. None of the advanced skills that the best in the history of the league employed, Kobe 1A, Hakeem 1B, Jordan 1B. Or whatever. No one ever like those three. LeBron could kill from high post and lower against mismatches with his passing and his scoring with a lot less running needed.

alam1108 and Lakeshow85 like this.