Kobe Bryant Discussion: Mamba Out!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DjBelvedere, Oct 5, 2014.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sure, that's what I'm guessing. But picture yourself a rookie wondering why you have to elbow Kobe Bryant in the face to show him when you are busting your a** in every other way possible. One of those could bust his beak. So I wonder about it. Will Kobe have high elbows in D. Russell's face putting him in that kind of a position?

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Definitely and I like that. Trial by fire. It's not about whether or not you elbow Kobe in the face, it's about sticking up for yourself and then coming back at him with your own stuff.

Kobe elbows you on the block, push him off the block. Then when Russell has the ball, get Kobe in a pick and roll and do your thing. Out play him using your strengths. Go at him with what you know you're good at. Get him off with a pick then hit a jumper, then you talk trash.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    That's a bit unfair. I mean, the machine was a legendary practice player....

The Showtime Mamba and tada like this.
  4. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    that doesn't mean much really

Nik Stauskas hits 3s in practice at an 85%-90% clip...literally every 3 he takes goes in. He can MAKE up to 80 threes in 5 minutes. Thats a 3 every 3.75 seconds. You look at his season in Sacramento and he suddenly couldn't make shots. Practice and game are just different in every level. Only the ball and the hoop is the same.

5. sirronstuff

Barns, we need a sarcasm tag!

[​IMG]

6. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    "Life is like ball, It is round."- Slava Medvedenko

sirronstuff and Barnstable like this.
  7. sirronstuff

can't find that video to save my life

8. LTLakerFan

The flipping eyebrows guy at CL was useful there. Talk about CL, the dumb*** owner let the problems pile up for so long, now it's been dead....what over 4 weeks trying to fix it. From what Wiz has said. Or Wiz, anything new about that? ..... I need certain smilies back :) :) I also need to eat crow with LGL and tell him how right he was about Clarkson. Hate that. ;) :rofl:

9. LTLakerFan

"Game knows Game" dept......Kobe looking out for USA Soccer Women: Note: Actual tweets from Carli and Kobe not showing up here despite my best efforts. Click on link at bottom to see them.

[​IMG]
    Justin BlockSports Editorial Fellow, The Huffington Post
    Posted: 07/28/2015
    Since scoring six goals at the 2015 Women's World Cup, including an instantly iconic hat-trick in the final game, Carli Lloyd's star has exploded. Her website has endured a hype-induced crash, she's been interviewed on "Good Morning America" and "Today" and experts estimate her appearance fee is now around $30,000.

But as she's finding out, with newfound gobs of fame and fortune to handle comes newfound trolls and haters. On Twitter, she has dealt with these people in a number of different ways.

When someone on Twitter recently questioned how Lloyd could possibly be keeping up with her soccer duties while enjoying her moment in the sun, Lloyd responded with an upbeat, playful message emphasizing her mental fortitude.

Soon after, a troll rolled through and got to the point, claiming that she was caught up in living like a celebrity and valued it more than her soccer career.

Just, no. Lloyd tried flushing her doubters with positivity and a motivating spirit, but when the reigning Women's World Cup Golden Ball winner is accused of suddenly not caring about her sport, it's understandable to see her fire back:

Shortly thereafter, Kobe Bryant, an ardent USWNT supporter who is no stranger to dealing with unscrupulous criticism, rolled through to provide Lloyd with the blueprint for handling Twitter trolls: ignore 'em.

While it's fantastic to see great athletes back each other up when Twitter users post nonsense to agitate for a reply, it's important to note that they're just that: random, meaningless and conspicuous to a fault -- hardly worthy of any attention from the likes of Lloyd and Bryant.

Reading and reacting: Important when playing actual sports, not so much on Twitter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...2a7e4b0074ba5a63a56?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

gcclaker and puffyusaf#2 like this.
  10. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Phil running his mouth again

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13307527/the-phil-files-part-5-kobe-bryant-jerry-krause-criticisms

Jackson: "Ah, my good friend Kobe Bryant. ... Yes, quite often I could feel his hatred. I'm sure Kobe was pissed when I wrote in "The Last Season" that he was uncoachable. And, yes, we were often at loggerheads. He wanted more freedom and I wanted him to be more disciplined. This is a normal source of friction thing between coaches and players on just about every level of competition. But when I came back for my second stint with the Lakers, Kobe and I worked it all out. I gave him more of a license to do his thing, as long as it stayed within the overall context of the triangle. And we did win two more championships. Anyway, I've always seen Kobe as a truly great player, an intelligent guy and a remarkable person."

11. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's an old quote from Phil?

Since he his last stint with us he's been nothing but complimentary of Kobe, sometimes going out of his way to defend Kobes when someone's sh****ng on him.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

It seems the interview was conducted this week.

13. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Kobe and Phil have nothing but respect for each other right now.

therealdeal and lakerjones like this.
  14. sirronstuff

kinda like this.... [​IMG]

15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

It's a recent quote, but it's not really insulting. It's honest and I'm sure they were angry at each other for a long time, but just read the last line of the quote. They're fine.

This is the same as when they took Hibbert's quote out of context last week.

gcclaker, JSM and Chillbongo like this.
  16. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Well I guess I'm not shocked. Phil's an honest guy. He can have bad things to say about you but still respect you.

17. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Yeah they have respect for each other as pros but still hate each other :D

18. LTLakerFan

Kinda. The other one not so ....umm.... in your face. A little more tongue in cheek. That's not bad at all though.... would certainly make those with pathetically weak sarcasm meters at LB look a lot better. :ShaqOh: Can't miss it now. HA! Some of those at CL, dated as many here feel, were just perfect for certain things and not as common looking as most.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Take that one line and turn it into the whole story. Never mind that Jackson spoke of how their relationship grew for the better and that they have an understanding of each other.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. LTLakerFan

LOL. Thanks Phil. For letting everyone know you let Kobe off the leash a little more finally. So he'd do better.......errrr......make YOU look better. :Smile:

tada and sirronstuff like this.