Kobe Bryant Discussion: Mamba Out!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DjBelvedere, Oct 5, 2014.

1. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    If he doesn't get injured again, there is no doubt in my mind that Kobe's going to have a very good to fantastic season. Considering the amount of young talent, we should also have a lot more success as a team. And sometime near the end of the season, we will again hear the usual morons say how he finally learned to pass.

I literally can't wait to see Kobe next to Randle, Jordan, Okafor (??) and the rest of the siblings. For some reason I expect him to cherish the opportunity to lead and teach them. It won't be always pleasant, but if they work hard and are not affraid of the big moments, Kobe will learn to trust them. Not going to happen, but I would love for Kobe to go for 10 assists per game with the young guns blazing and him being him in the big moments/when necessary.

2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Kobe could easily get 10 assists a game. Problem is, he would also have 5 or more TO's doing it. I think we'll finally see a "balanced" Kobe out there, with perfect shots to assists ratio... and hopefully mpg too ;).

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. ShowTime_IR

ShowTime_IR - Rookie -

Kobe did the most amazing individual things in modern time. even better then Jordan in that regard.
    Westbrook was amazing this season and it was like half of the preformance of Kobe in that year.

Lebron in the finals was hugh if you look only at stats. but when you look at him and his game and the less difficult shots he makes (in not that great %) and the system in the team where he NEEDS to do everything, it's not that amazing.

It's like Shaq dominating the league because he was that big but soft on the shot. Kobe was a true king.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  4. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi Moderator Staff Member

Yep. If Kobe goes for 10assits it means he's going to have a high usage rating (dominant the ball). I'd rather he take a back seat some times and let others create. Expand less energy, wear and tear, play off the ball.

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I'd rather Kobe average 5 assists a game and have a turnover or less.

LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I agree and I just think by being around so many younger guys Kobe's mood and attitude will be different this year. I really doubt we see a super intense Kobe that we miss and love at times. All these young guys we have on our team will make him feel younger and he'll cherish the training and mentorship for all our young studs.

7. therealdeal

I want him to retire this summer happily and I would love to hear him say something along the lines of, "I'm proud of what I've done for the Lakers. I'm proud of where we went, how we got there, and where we're going now. I've been through the highest of this franchise and the lowest. Most of all I'm proud to leave the franchise in the hands of these young men. With Julius, Jordan, and Jah the Lakers have three young Kobe's and I will make sure these young fellas bring a dynasty back to LA."

alam1108 and TIME like this.
  8. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I agree with everything you said except the "With Julius, Jordan, and Jah the Lakers have three young Kobe's"

There will never be another Lakers player with Kobe's sheer will and fiery competitive spirit.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  9. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy

Exactly, I would love to se him just have a little more fun out there and just enjoy thre game of basketball and the development of this next generation of Lakers... That is until we make the playoffs and he swiches back to ther black mamba:rock:. It was mentioned many times on this board how important it is to get a veteran to mentor our young bigs. That's not to say we couldn't use one, but is there a player who can teach them more than Kobe?

I was afraid I would lose interest in BB after Kobe retires, as many people did after MJ finished his career. When I watch our young team, listen/read what they say and see them work as hard as they do, I can't help but be excited to watch them grow and see where they lead this great franchise. I kind of expect Kobe to feel the same way and cherish the opportunity to not only play with them but also teach them everything he knows about the game of baskjetball. Hopefully all of them be like a bunch of SpongeBobs out there (on and off the court) :rock:

LTLakerFan and Battle Tested20 like this.
  10. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

This needs to be a thing

11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I'd love for him to play very well, brilliantly at times while embracing this new roll. Stay healthy and see what kind of damage we can do in the playoffs (assuming Okafor starting with pre-season games). Then because he is happy with what he sees around him and how he's feeling about his own body and performance, take the cut and get in Durant's ear. You know KD would love to play a season or 2 with him, with the rest of this phenomenal rebuilt squad that Mitch, and Karma/Good Fortune has put together in a ridiculously short time frame. Lakers gonna "LAKE". IF he's reasonably (no more serious injuries) healthy and having fun, why the hell not?

therealdeal likes this.
  12. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Kobe Bryant Full Highlights vs Seattle SuperSonics 2007.04.15 - 50 Pts, 18-25 FG

One of the most measured, efficient 50 point games of Kobe's career

SirJunkyBen and shoe like this.
  13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I do NOT want a bunch of Sponge Bobs on this team![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    alam1108 and SamsonMiodek like this.
  14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Decided to watch the whole thing - turning back the clock to Sonics days...

Couple of observations:

Lamar was so long and skilled. Easy to forget how good he could be
    Kwame and his hands of stone, dropping passes and ignored in the post lol
    Turiaf's awesome animated celebrations
    How was Smush in the NBA?
    Luke's best look isn't short hair

.....and watching an unstoppable HOF force like Kobe that year at his physical peak was something to remember. Made the game look easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadCoaching likes this.
  15. therealdeal

16. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

As a lifelong Kobe homer, I've been thinking lately.

When we had Pau and the Triangle, I liked Kobe dominating the ball, running the offense, making plays. At this stage of Kobe's career, with his declining skills, I can't help but wonder if he's got the right mindset anymore.

Kobe can still draw a double, but he's not the distraction on offense he used to be. Given his history of controlling the ball, I wonder if that is the right way to play moving forward. I look at GSW's offense, and the Spurs offense. So much passing, so much off-ball movement, so much screen setting.

I'd love for our Lakers, and especially Kobe, to flourish in this type of offense. I want Kobe coming off screens to the mid-post. I want Kobe posting up and making plays. I want Kobe coming off screens to shoot 3's. I don't want Kobe dribbling for 15 seconds and then taking a difficult jumper because guys couldn't get to their spots.

I think Kobe's such a basketball mind, a thinker, that it causes him to over analyze. It's a product of the way he was taught the game (Phil) but with a crap team he forces the issue and our guys just can't get it done. We have a shot of getting some talent this year, both young and veteran.

I just hope Kobe changes his approach and our coach instills a more free-flowing offense. I don't know if Byron is the guy for the job, and I don't know if Kobe's old habits can die, but I hope that it's a possibility.

shoe and tada like this.
  17. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi Moderator Staff Member

^That's my hope as well but I don't think it'll happen. Kobe's too set in his ways, even when he's in pass mode, he dominates the ball. We'll see but hopefully we get Kobe to transition to what you described.

18. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Only way he'd change his playing style is if we wear Team USA uniforms.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  19. ninjagorn

ninjagorn - Rookie -

20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -