Kobe Bryant Discussion: Mamba Out!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DjBelvedere, Oct 5, 2014.

1. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Administrator: Media Staff Member

Here's what it'll look like according to an NBA 2K16 update that's out today

[​IMG]

2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ Game winning buzzer beater i hope? :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  3. GoldenKnight

GoldenKnight - Rookie -

This is the day I never saw coming this soon...can't believe we are here, this really feels like I traveled into the future...so surreal man.

shoe likes this.
  4. VinMillerHearn24

VinMillerHearn24 - Rookie -

We all knew this day was coming, but it's finally here. It really sucks.....

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Kelly Dwyer chiming in with his comparisons to 10 all time great NBA players similar to Kobe himself. Probably because he thought he had to. This final quote after all of it tells you all you need to know about how Dwyer feels about Kobe.

"We do know this – for Kobe Bryant to leave the NBA having drawn up deserved comparisons to the work and legacies of the ten players listed above, he appears to have enjoyed a fairly successful run."

Tool.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...yant-to-10-all-time-nba-greats-134206190.html

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

If any moderators or admins have the time, maybe moving all the "Dear Kobe" posts to its own specific thread? Where it won't get lost in discussion?

Battle Tested20 and Daniel Beltz like this.
  8. CaCHooKa Man

9. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i didn't want this day to come but at the same time, i'm glad its finally here

but it's finally hitting me today. that after tonight i'll never again see kobe playing NBA basketball with the lakers. in my life, there have been few constants but one of those has always been kobe bryant and the lakers, who began his career before i was even old enough to follow the NBA. the thought of the lakers without kobe still sounds so wrong to me. for as long as i've been able to remember, i've turned on the lakers game night in and night out and watched kobe do his thing. the fact that i'll never get to experience his greatness again truly makes me sad but the time has also come for this franchise to begin a new chapter, and for the next lakers superstar to rise up and take his place among the all time greats.

these past few seasons have been worse than any of us could've ever imagined. we used to think the 04-07 era was bad but these last few seasons have been 100x worse. kobe didn't deserve to go out like this. he didn't deserve to endure the hell that has been the d'antoni/scott era. but like we've all known for a while now, kobe truly went out in '13 and that article put out yesterday told us something that shouldn't shock anyone. that kobe wouldn't change a thing about how he handled that run that ended his career. he put on a display that i'm sure we'll never again witness in the NBA and that's the final chapter, albeit a small one that makes up the long, illustrious career of kobe bryant.

but through all the BS of the last few seasons, no one can take away what the man has helped this franchise achieve. we'll always have the memories. the alley-oop to shaq, the three-peat, the two impossible shots against portland in '04, 81, the back to back titles that showed the world he could win without shaq. most of us have been lucky enough to have been on this ride with kobe through every up and down and that is something i will cherish forever.

for most lakers fans, you grew up with an era. either it was the west/baylor/wilt era, the showtime era, the shaq-kobe era, or the kobe era. i'm proud to say that i grew up with kobe. after tonight, it'll simply be a matter of who's next? and i'll be ready to take a seat whenever that rude begins.

lakerjones, alam1108 and Jazzygirl205 like this.
  10. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

11. Daniel Beltz

Daniel Beltz - Rookie -

Guys, Derek Fishers letter to Kobe will hit you right in the feels.

12. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

I'm trying to figure out what else did Kobe have to do to be in people's top 5 or top 10? Oh and I'm still salty over his 1 MVP.

13. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's a great idea, but to be honest I don't know how to do it.

HEY GUYS WITH KOBE GOODBYES I'M GOING TO MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD. IF YOU WANT TO POST IN THERE TO MAKE SURE YOURS IS READ AND APPRECIATED, JUST COPY AND PASTE IT OVER THERE. YOU CAN KEEP IT IN HERE IF YOU WANT THOUGH IT'S UP TO YOU.

John3:16, alam1108 and Daniel Beltz like this.
  14. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Skip Bayless said Kobe's 81 point game is overrated. Seriously? Man that idiot has said some dumb stuff over the years, but how exactly is scoring 81 points overrated? What a freaking clown. Not surprising considering his love for MJ. He's insecure that Kobe was a threat to Jordan for a long time.

lakerjones likes this.
  15. CaCHooKa Man

I'll say that it's overrated in the sense that the 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavericks may have been more impressive. If he played the 4th, he very well could've gotten 90-100 points if we weren't up by so big. Hell he outscored an entire team by himself. That being said, we needed every single one of those 81 points for us to win that game against the Raptors.

16. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

The other one may have been more impressive, but I mean to say it's overrated? They were both sensational, all time great performances. I don't care who you're going up against to score that many points and be that efficient is an incredible achievement.

17. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

Considering Kobe shot 60 percent from the floor and 90 percent from the Free throw line in that 81 point game, I'd say there's nothing overrated about that performance, especially when your team is in a 18 point hole. People don't understand how hard that is to do, to score with a consistently and put up that many points, I'm pretty sure Wilt would agree if he was still alive.

I think Wilt shot 57 something percent from the floor and shot and 80 something from the free throw line during his 100 point game.

lakerjones and therealdeal like this.
  18. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    link??

John3:16 likes this.
  19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Old song but the lyrics apply to his day as we say farewell to one of our own...

Cookie likes this.
  20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

This needs more attention. Amazing. Funny and yet a little sad and emotional. I love this.

JSM and SamsonMiodek like this.