Kobe Bryant Discussion: Mamba Out!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DjBelvedere, Oct 5, 2014.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    We have failed Kobe and the twilight years of his career with three consecutive bozo coaches. All have run him into the ground, mismanaged minutes, couldn't coach worth a crap on one side of the ball or the other or both, and it's a shame.

Byron you suck. That is all.

2. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

Yea the minutes are concerning. I don't think this should continue even if Kobe says his legs "feel really good."

But you know Byron. STILL AT THE LIMIT.

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

He's played what 35 or more five times now? Kobe deserves to at least go out relatively healthy and to be able to play this season out like he clearly wants too. It really irks me seeing how guys like Dirk and Duncan get their minutes managed and how lively and fresh during the year. Kobe hasn't had that luxury.

4. The Original 81

The Original 81 - Rookie -

Thank you Sirron. A lot of people (outside of LB) don't talk enough about this. You think if Pop was on the sideline Kobe would be chucking 10 threes a game?

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. Lakers2015

Nope and Kobe probably would've never torn his Achilles and he would've likely already surpassed MJ and Kareem in titles. I love me some Duncan, but he's played in that system his entire career. Never been run into the ground. Kept fresh. Played with HOF players his entire career. Robinson early on, then Gino and Parker, they just signed Aldridge and Leonard looks like he's on the verge of superstardom.

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    nah. If you listen to his post game press conference he knows he's playing like dog S*** and his body is breaking down. It's sad and funny though because he clearly admits this but still shoots a lot.

All I know is he doesn't keep shooting because he feels great or thinks he invincible. He knows his joints and legs don't work properly anymore.

7. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Thank you so much for finding the opposing team broadcast. I have been searching high and low for this.

Its one of the beauties and cures of living in Socal. You always get our announcers but if you want to watch the game with opposing team broadcasters on my lg pass you can't because its blacked out. I'm always curious what the broadcasters are saying in away games with Kobe so far this year now that they know this is the finally time of calls his games.

ElginTheGreat and thkthebest like this.
  8. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
  9. Lakers2015

Random, but the player that reminds me most of Kobe of all the young stars in this league is without a doubt Russell Westbrook. His tenacity, competiveness, energy and passion reminds me so much of Kobe. Love watching him play for that very reason. He is EXPLOSIVE. I feel bad for dudes that have to try and stop him on the break. His jump shot especially mid range is so much better than it was just a few years ago. Great down on the post. His play making has improved a lot as well. Second in the league in assists. Definitely my favorite player in the league after Kobe. Would love to see him here next year.

sirronstuff and Ryanwestlombardi like this.
  10. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Kobe has said this before too, so your right on point:

Check this 30 sec clip out

Lakers2015 likes this.
  11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

You always hear Kobe saying how his legs are and how he's tired, yet there you have Byron playing him 35 mins for the 4th straight game in 5 nights. Still at the limit right?

sirronstuff, Kenzo and lakerjones like this.
  12. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

True this is one difference between Duncan and Kobe .

The other is Duncan is all about the team . The last season he was clearly the best player on his team was 2006-2007.
    Kobe still want to be that guy 20 years in.
    Duncan is just the most coachable star in a long time ...

13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Great short interview with Kobe by Ernie Johnson on TNT right now. I'm sure the video will be available later for anyone that missed it. I completely forgot he played the 2010 playoffs with a broken finger and had to change his shooting. Won the finals with his index finger in a cast, damn he was good. Yeah he shot 6-24 or whatever in that final game, but nobody ever mentions that cast, and he was great the rest of the series.

14. wcsoldier81

How many times was his knee drained during these playoffs too ? At least twice as far as I remembered

sirronstuff and lakerjones like this.
  15. Lakers2015

That was a hell of a postseason by Kobe. Struggled early on with the knee. Got it drained. Westbrook was just torching D-Fish. Completely unmatched. Kobe switched on him and basically shut him down.

Against Utah was his typical dominant self. Then had that incredible Game 6 against Phoenix. Those shots he hit especially late in that game were just typical Kobe. Shooting over double teams. Grant Hill was just smothering him and it did not matter. Then he had that little love tap to Gentry who said Kobe was the best.

His Finals against the C Bags. Thought he got to the rim much more than in 2008. Defended Rondo again and other than Game 2 he really didn't make all that much impact. Certainly not like he did earlier in the postseason. That Game 5 was one for the ages. Just hit some all world shots. Kept them in the game because nobody else showed up. Then he rallied the troops in Game 6 and set the tone for a dominant victory.

Game 7 was always one of his finest moments I thought. Not just the fact that the Lakers won and avenged the 2008 loss, but how mightily he struggled from the field. Still he did other things. Once again played outstanding defense on Rondo and crashed the boards. Had 15 big ones. Finally got going a little late.

A lot of people look at the efficiency numbers, but Boston was a great, great defense. They weren't gonna allow Kobe to go off and still he averaged nearly 30 a game along with five assists and seven boards. Beating the C Bags in a Game 7, just doesn't get better than that.

sirronstuff, Cookie, TIME and 2 others like this.
  16. wcsoldier81

17. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    ya, that was a great, fun interview. I also enjoyed Ernie's Neato Stat of the Night with Kobe

sirronstuff and thkthebest like this.
  18. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

19. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi Moderator Staff Member

It's pretty how crazy how Kobe could shoot well with a cast on his right index finger.

20. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -