Kobe Bryant Discussion: Mamba Out!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DjBelvedere, Oct 5, 2014.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I love you Kobe but please for the love of all things holy, play smarter and finish your final season with some dignity instead of being torn apart (even more so than in the past) by the media.

lakerjones likes this.
  2. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    He needs to take a three month leave.

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He needs to make like a tree, and get outta here. -- Biff

image.png

4. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

lakerjones and alam1108 like this.
  5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

This, it's painful watching him jack up awful shots and then they both pass the blame somewhere else. Be a leader, recognise your limitations and go out with some dignity.

7. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Kobe clearly takes the same shots he did before.

The main issue is he doesn't have the ability to make them like he used to. And making no adjustment is pretty much his fault. He does have enough skills to operate out of the post and at least be somewhat useful. Right now he is hot garbage...actually I have to admit I have never seen somebody being as bad as Kobe. Those who were this bad...they didn't play 30+ minutes.

Ever since I have started to watch basketball..I have never seen somebody with this many minutes and this many shots be this bad...just can't remember anyone. Not even Antoine Walker or Smush Parker were this terrible.

shoe likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

I love the point that Stephan A makes. The Lakers under Jim have really squandered his golden years.

First DanTony ran him into the ground with heavy minutes when we were poised for a playoff run. He was a total r***** for doing so, and NO ONE will be able to convince me his ridiculous work load didn't contribute to snapping his Achilles. From there, it's just gone downhill since then. Byron was playing him ungodly minutes coming off of injury last year when Kobe was telling him he couldn't do it.

And now, he is more spent than he should be. What he had may never be coming back, and yes, I do blame the Lakers for ruining the tail end of his career. It's a travesty. A sham. A mockery. A travishamockery.

9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

While I understand the sentiment that Kobe should retire now, and I would be fine with that - or more probably at the end of the year hopefully without further injury - the rest of what Stephen A is saying is nonsense. Utter nonsense. The Lakers traded Pau for CP3 and were going after Howard. That did actually happen. Last I checked Stern vetoed that one. The Lakers later got Howard and Steve Nash to go with Kobe. The Lakers went after Melo and LMA in free agency. Jeez they even tried to keep Gasol here for a couple more years. How does that equal some criminal like treatment that deserves "prosecution" for failing to surround Kobe with other good players? Drivel.

The Showtime Mamba likes this.
  10. lakerjones

That's totally different though Sirronstuff. He did not talk about the coaching, which has obviously been horrendous. Yes, I too blame D' Antoni in large part for running Kobe into the ground, and then Byron after him.

But he was talking about "neglecting" him by not surrounding him with other talent, or not trying to surround him with other talent which is utter garbage. That's a straight up lie.

11. sirronstuff

He said Byron was the wrong coach for this team, and I agree. The only teams he has done well with were veteran teams with a hall of fame level point guard. Byron is not a good teaching type of coach. A better coach would get more out of this group. That too is on ownership.

They have to put the right people in place to succeed, and so it all begins at the top. Trust me, I'm not defending Byron. He is who he is, but we don't need to let ownership off the hook either.

Toklat likes this.
  12. lakerjones

I'm down on the FO for their coaching hires for sure Sirron. I've been vocal about that since the Mike Brown hire. All of them have sucked since Phil. So I'm not letting anyone off the hook.

But to say the FO hasn't tried to surround Kobe with talent is pure nonsense. That's just overly melodramatic to paint it as some tragedy that Kobe has been "criminally neglected."

TIME, Weezy and therealdeal like this.
  13. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

I think just blaming the Lakers is a way to save Kobe's ego, but in reality it isn't just them. Sure, we have not made good coaching hires, not even solid ones. We haven't been able to lure in any top FAs in recent years, but in reality would they have really helped?

I don't think we are talentless on this team. We are not championship caliber by any means, but two things are really making this team look bad. Byron Scott and Kobe Bryant. Maybe if we actually had a system and Kobe played within it we would probably look A LOT better.

Our scheme and approach is absolute garbage, and I'm being nice saying that we even have those. Kobe is playing Kobe ball with the addition of a surplus in 3 point attempts. The shots he takes are bad, but in his mind those are his shots. Father time has caught up with him, there is no coming back. It really hurts to watch a player you loved all these years go out in a way that is legit painful to watch when he plays.

14. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

You could easily make an argument that poor Kobe is now the Least Valuable Player in the NBA.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Cmon man. You're saying he's the worst player of all time right now? That's harsh. Too harsh. Yes he is struggling mightily, but there's no way he's worse than guys like Smush Parker or Kwame Brown. Most people who look like this with this level of wear and tear.

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

OUCH!

Exonyte, sirronstuff, Weezy and 4 others like this.
  17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-kobe-decline-20151127-story.html

18. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Reading both of those ^...... so freaking sad man.

TIME and sirronstuff like this.
  19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

From that article...

You can't put Malone or MJ in that category. MJ nearly dragged that s*** team into the playoffs if not for late season injuries. Malone would've won the championship for us against the Pistons if not for that fluke injury. Point is, during their last season they were still in the top 10-15 at their spot for the season until an injury derailed that. Kobe is teetering on dead last at his position as a starter. I haven't looked it up, nor do I want to, but is there a worse starting two guard? That's so depressing. To go from the top of the mountain to dead last in categories you qualify for...it's painful to watch. You don't want to see any of the all time greats go out like this.

Chuck would've been better off leaving those two off the list and including the likes of Hakeem, GP, or even Shaq.

20. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

Sad ending. But I like the part about squeezing everything out of his body. This really looks like it but the brain is still in his early 20s ...

Watching stuff like that where he used to torch the Warriors.

I hope we can all quickly forget this thing going on right now, he retires and we have a fresh start and his jersey (hopefully both) retired quickly, a nice statute and move on. I am still thankful for all those amazing years and try to somehow get through this struggle right now.

What Kenny said right here sums it up pretty good for me. Wondering what Kobe is thinking right now with all that media and fan out-lash. He has so much pride I mean ... does he not care? I doubt that somehow.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    ElginTheGreat, Weezy and sirronstuff like this.