KCP Discussion: Kentavious Can Produce!

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakerman JSJ, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

In my opinion although Troy or Cook may or may not be playing better then KCP, I still have a lot of optimism they will
    get back to their regular shooting averages. They just need time to acclimate to this team. I have zero hope that KCP will be the three and D guy we thought we were getting. We have a huge sample size of KCP play. KCP will still have good games every once and awhile but the bad outweighs the good by a large margin. So who do I play in his place....Troy, Cook, Caruso, Kuz, anybody that needs reps to see what they’ve got. All KCP has is some kind of blackmail material that he is using to still be employed by the Lakers.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

And that is why she is the "Dame of Doom"..... bringing to the game the common sense women have that most men don't. Most certainly in this conversation about KCP.

:Laugh:

@BangBoomPow for some reason is playing some support the most unpopular choices for Lakers rotation devil's advocating here all of a sudden. IT. J. Haren and KCP. @vasashi17 would be proud of his efforts in this area of debate. I doubt support the logic for these guys though .... well maybe IT.

[​IMG]

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

boo his a** sooner n louder maybe then he'll get the pt

4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

His advocacy is...

[​IMG]

I would support IT as a last ditch option, but I think DRose was the better, healthier option and was attainable for less than Kcp money on a similar 2 year deal (and yes I do not believe in a Klutch/Kcp tax).

Wes Matthews is another one that was attainable and killing it defensively so far.

But alas, it’s time to move on and improve the roster with the options we have now. Dudz is a community outreach/free merch sweepstakes roster filler. I’m sorry, but come playoffs, he’s probably not getting a 12 man roster spot and so his real value is to make sure our real money guys are going to make it to the finish line in as good of shape as possible.

You can’t be getting healthy DNPs while the guy you’re supposed to be helping to catch some wind on the bench is conducting postgame walk-off interviews...sitting.

If you want Bron playing point man and defense like he currently is but in the playoffs, you need to get guys that allow him to play offball some so that he doesn’t have to go balls to wall on both offense and defense for us.

Till we find options, I only agree with Cook in that Cook (oh look at that) deserves more playing time if he can prove his worth as a playmaker to give Bron a break with it. But seeing how our identity is defense and our coach is Vogs, Kcp is a much better option defensively than Cook & Daniels. I’m sorry you guys, but that’s nearly irrefutable at this point and till it’s a no brainer that we should focus more on offense, Kcp will keep earning those minutes over those 2 other dudes.

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Nice suit Trudell. Taking his career seriously these days.

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I am glad Vogel isn't trigger happy with his substitutions, but damn I wish he had this clown on a much shorter leash. The moment he airballed the lineup, Vogel should've have sent him home.

I haven't seen easy misses like this since the latter days of Fish, but at least he made up for it in other areas.

I miss Smush and Chucky and Tierre Brown.

I bet KCP hangs out with Gump during the off season. Two peas in a pod.

Khmrp, Barnstable, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

One of the few positives from this one

8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

He comes in, we (instantly) lose the lead and eventually the game.

tada, lakerjones, BadCoaching and 6 others like this.
  9. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    ultimate game changer and momentum killer

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yea, thats a good sign at least...hoping it wasn't because he simply couldn't hang with ANY of the raptors he had to guard. Hoping Vogel finally sees the light and bench him permanetly, only way he should play is if injuries or blow out gms in the 4th. I think if we do bench him going forward he'll be more open to getting traded

LTLakerFan and BadCoaching like this.
  11. BadCoaching

BadCoaching - Rookie -

That ridiculous air ball layup was quite enough of this mouth breather. He can't do anything right, he constantly screws us. I'm sick to death of him.

Caruso, Daniels, Bradley check in and almost always give this team some type of positive boost... KCP is just a full diaper that keeps getting slammed against the wall every game covering everyone in steamy loads of hot diarrhea.

12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    #triggered

updated sig tho

LTLakerFan likes this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i imagine kcp will be given a few more games out of respect to klutch, but even they have to see how much he's hurting the squad at this point. guessing they're already talking about where he'd accept a trade to.

ElginTheGreat, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I was listening to an interview he did at the beginning of the season; he was asked the best part of being a Laker I believe, and I believe he said something like, "living in Los Angeles..." Iirc

Just speculating that his focus could potentially be on other things: the city, lifestyle, etc. At the very least, he was serviceable and now he's headed out of the rotation if he doesn't improve.

Just a waste a roster spot, $$$, etc.

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's bad. no way around it. i'd have preferred to have spent his money elsewhere after year 1, but again, i'm almost certain this has been part of the deal the whole time. klutch owns us, and rightfully so, tbh. the tax is real.

17. vasashi17

How the duck is the tax real?

Melo ain’t on the squad.
    Bron ain’t have Vogel as a top coach on his list. Be honest with yourself...none of us did. But he had history with Lue and has a high opinion of Monty.

AD next summer doesn’t need max cap space for us to keep him. We traded for his bird rights, so giving Kcp a crazy bag thus summer wouldn’t block re-upping AD next summer.

THT is a klutch klient and as a 2nd round pick could have grabbed a larger portion of our cap space. But that didn’t happen either, did it?

You make it seem like Klutch has us over the barrel. That’s false, cause if they did this roster would show blatantly obvious optics of a klutch tax...and it currently doesn’t.

We might have brought back Kcp as a solid to Klutch, but giving him that contract isn’t nearly the tax some of y’all made it out to be. That’s just our FO thinking the manna deserved that type of deal and couldn’t negotiate anything lower.

#KlutchTaxIsaLie

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Melo is a klutch client? and THT got no pull, he's a 2nd rder and who in their right mind would give KCP 8mill a yr if there wasn't a tax? Its not like he sat there waiting for us to come his wall, he already knew the $ was there waiting for him from ROB

19. vasashi17

Please stop with the tax. It’s ridiculous and if you do the homework, absolutely insincere.

If Klutch had their way, the money wouldn’t get in the way. Clearly that’s not evident from our roster.

If Bron wanted a coach...5yr max deal fir the coach of his choice wound have been available.

If Bron really wanted to play with his boys, Melo would have already been here.

If Bron didn’t want to waste yr 1 of his LA contract, the kiddies would have been traded ASAP in the summer of 2018...or those 1yr deals would not have been offered, instead Bron gets the role players of his choice on long term deals (ie not having Kcp on that 12m 1yr deal).

If Klutch wanted to get their klients paid, there was still 20m left in cap after Green’s 15m deal.

If Klutch really wanted AD to get max dollar out of Nawlins, they would refuse to waive his kicker.

Money was clearly there to be had if they really forced us to give up the bag.

There is no Klutch tax...stop it!

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

then tell us what team would pay KCP 8mill/yr and what would drive Rob to pay him that sort of $ when nobody else was interested? Again Melo isn't a klutch client, when we say klutch tax we talking bout Rich Paul getting paid...and who were these other "klutch" clients that warranted 20m contract and was available?

sirronstuff and Juronimo like this.