Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think that was just an "Add insult to injury" type of post.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Jim >>> Jeanie

This ungrateful witch sabotaged her brother over and over again to get power and then completely takes the Lakers name and runs it straight into the dumpster.

And all this time, she is quiet, why? Because she doesn’t have a leg to stand to refute any of the reports that are proving to be true over and over again.

Sell the team to someone who isn’t cheap, stupid and isn’t in this to make money as their only source of income.

Kobe legacy deal and getting Lebron all about marketing/money and not about winning. When your owner puts money over winning, they need to go.

Cookie, Jaguar, ElginTheGreat and 4 others like this.
  3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

PREACH BROTHA

KB24 likes this.
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

dam where's our "John Snow" at to take out this "mad queen" :Svionfire::dwightcrying:

ElginTheGreat and alam1108 like this.
  5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ they did him dirt...
    Don't know what's worse. GOT season 8 or state of the Lakers.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Lakers. And I f***ing hated GoT S8.

ElginTheGreat and Kenzo like this.
  7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Of course

Cookie and Kenzo like this.
  8. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Cowards always hide. Big mouths always talk. No one should be surprised why people who what they do.

Khmrp likes this.
  9. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Rob is right there, took the Magic question. So, Rob Pelinka, with all the s*** said about him, he came out and sat in the fire. Actions is what tells me who you are 99% of the time.

Jeanie hiding, Magic talking, Rob sitting in the fire. Who's right or wrong? Actions told me today.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  10. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Jeanie is horrible, no leadership qualities for this level of business. What’s shocking is that she doesn’t get out of her own way.

Cookie, KB24 and Kenzo like this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Coward. Hasn’t shown her face since Magic quit, posted one Instagram pic with him. Jim never used to speak either, but at least you’d see him around.

DeeZee, JSM, Cookie and 4 others like this.
  12. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I'm sorry, under no circumstance is Jim better.

Under Jim we had MozDeng and even Melo denying us in free agency. Under Jeanie we have Bron and AD still appearing to want part of this action.

That being said Jeanie has got to do better and coming out of the combine with no possibility of a Prez replacement is not a good look.

Jaguar and lakerjones like this.
  13. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Well, it's official now - she definitely made a huge error hiring Magic. She's on the hot seat for sure right now. I find it abhorrent that Magic would throw her (who he said was her sister), the franchise and the spirit of the great Doctor who believed in him under the bus. It's a shame.

sirronstuff, TIME, tada and 7 others like this.
  14. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Oh I think they both suck, I wouldn’t want either one. All I meant was at least Jim showed his stupid baseball-capped face at these events and Jeanie doesn’t. She’s off hiding somewhere in her tower because she’s a coward. Jim rarely spoke to the media as well, but at least you’d see him standing there with the rest of the crew. Jeanie can’t even be bothered to do that, it’s friggin Kurt Rambis out there... Sell the damn team.

JSM and Cookie like this.
  15. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Have you watched the interview and the overall tone of it. It seemed to me that Magic was upset Jeanie didn't side more with him on certain issues. He gave Jeanie advice rather than throwing her under the buss. He even said it would be unwise not to bid for the Lakers if they were up for sell, but he would advise Jeanie not to sell. And that topic only was breached because Max kept posing that hypothetical.

It could be disingenuous lip service, but he even brought up Dr. Buss as the reason he would advise Jeanie not to sell. Again, if this is Magic's attempt at a power grab, then it's poorly executed.

The best thing he could do is remain in power as prez of bball ops and strike out on Bron, strike out this summer and make desperate moves with our cap. The fanbase would then demand Jeanie sells after she made a terrible decision in not axing Jimmy sooner, followed by empowering Magic with no Prez background. Even in his April exit, he implored Jeanie to hire the right replacement since it would be a job that would be in high demand. Nearly a month and half later and still no prez...not even an elevation of Jesse and/or Joey.

And if Magic wanted to grab an ownership stake from outside the Lakers, he wouldn't need to come to First Take and risk soundbytes from the media to use against him. He clearly came on to give Jeanie one last public plea of righting the ship...and obviously to clear up some public perception about him and his exit.

Obviously I have a Magic bias, but some of the stuff he does on Twitter is blatantly obvious and you compare it to his First Take appearance where it wasn't so obvious he was angling to wrong Jeanie in any way.

He's in a tough position since he has strong relationships with Jeanie and respects Kobe...so when Jeanie and Rob (Kobe by proxy) don't fully support your decisions, then Magic thought it was best to get up out the way. At least that's how I read it.

Yeah, I wasn't directly addressing you Weez. It was more towards Doc Brown. But I agree with that general sense of where both of you stand in the matter. I'm really disappointed that Jeanie didn't find a replacement from the combine. My only hope is that Myers/Masai/Oshley are still in the playoffs and that's the reason.

16. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
  17. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  18. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

She's is the problem...

19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

heard on 710, she was in the building during Vogel's presser but obviously we know why she wouldn't actually come down from her perch

Cookie and ElginTheGreat like this.
  20. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

I've never felt this hopeless as a fan of any team, and I'm a lifelong Rams fan for God's sake!!

It's incredibly sobering to know that any success this franchise has while Jeanie is running it will be an accidental fleeting aberration that breaks the normal cycle of our leadership's stunning incompetence. It starts with the "leader" and Jeanie Dolan has proven she isn't one.