Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Same as her father, Dr Buss was always one of the poorest owners. Her equity is all wrapped up in this team and split with like 6 siblings. She's probably around 500mil if they were to sell. Definitely low compared to other NBA owners. Dr Buss was only worth 600mil when he passed.

2. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    10 billion would close the deal

3. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student

Good for Jeanie… but the stress of running the biggest franchise in sports can’t be good for a new marriage! She should really consider selling the team so she can focus on her marriage

4. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Congrats! Wish her all the best...now fire yourself for being cheap and incompetent =)

FrontOfJersey22 and Cookie like this.
  5. ADKOBE

ADKOBE - Lakers 6th Man -

Jeannie Mohr better step up

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Booo-hoooo. How would a Born on Third Base Little Rich Girl survive in these times off of only $500 million??

7. FrontOfJersey22

I thought she liked her men old and powerful?- ya know, like Daddy.

8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Jay is a good guy and funny

9. FrontOfJersey22

Just checked the score of tonight’s game.
    I hate this version of the Lakers. I literally hate it collectively.
    It’s just abysmal now.
    Old man LeBron is who we get to root for? No thanks.
    Give me a properly built team by a
    Competent FO and I will be excited again. I can’t stand LeGM, Westbrick, Dennis, and BevMo. What a sh!tshow this Franchise has become. Sorry for the rant, but it’s just where I’m at.
    I’m fed up and tired of the lame excuses.

CarolinaLakerFan and VincePT like this.
  10. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Top 5 worst owner in NBA?

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

It’s possible, with Sarver out of the league now. She doesn’t have the money to keep up, and she surrounds herself with friends and family only, not the most qualified people for the job. She fired her brother for the same type of stuff, bad deals, years of not being competitive, yet she’s hardly been any different. If LeBron hadn’t come here and saved the franchise from years and years of sucking she might be looking even worse right now. That she got mad for it leaking that she gave Pelinka an extension says a lot to me.

12. FrontOfJersey22

Probably in all of professional sports.

13. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Meh..over the years I truly get why some NBA fans, think that a lot of Lakers fans are some spoiled, self entitled brats. There are owners and franchises in the league, that have never even won a NBA Championship. Now Jeannie is one of the worst owners ever? Two years after bringing home the goods? That's ridiculous.

She deserves much more respect for dumping that stupid a** youth movement, and getting Lebron and AD. Probably some of you thought that those were dumb ideas too at the time. She rolled the dice and chased the stars, just like her daddy, and delivered. It's not her fault that guys got hurt. Not a single one of the 10 Championships won, that I have witnessed, would have came if one of our best players was unable to suit up for the season or playoffs. Name that team please, maybe I missed something. Spending all this big money doesn't guarantee anything..look at the Clippers, what have they won? With the great Jerry West running the show no less?

Personally I don't really give a damn about Lebron or AD's career legacy, they will both be replaced as Lakers eventually. But I'm not knocking Jeannie for going for it, or sticking by these dudes, 2 short years ago, they had one of the most dominant runs in NBA history. It damn sure wasn't due to the role players, balanced roster and all this other crap. You need the stars to be stars. Cap is the GOAT, and he didn’t get that 1st Lakers ring until 1980. When another All Time great arrived. Everybody remembers Magic balling out in game 6 with Kareem out, but Jamaal dropped 37 and 10 in that same game. The Ballers are the ones that deliver the chips, the game hasn't changed.
    If she bet on the wrong horses so be it, we got a chip out of it. Replace them and keep it moving.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    sirronstuff likes this.
  14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Yes, truly a what have you done for me lately world we live in. I'm looking forward to the post leBron era. it can't get here fast enough for me. Let's see some true team building. We have the scouting staff to do good things, but no money to keep our hot prospects if we are always star chasing.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i actually don't see a huge difference between her and jim, other than people outside the organization seem to like her better, so she gets better treatment from the press. as weezy said, much of the behavior that was roundly criticized prior to her taking over just kept happening. hell, magic had to QUIT, when any competent organization would have fired him, hard--or really, never formally hired him in a role with any actual responsibility. you can be a brand ambassador without decision-making powers.

i hate how we're run. it's objectively bad, and that's up to the owner in this case.

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I wonder what the number is for the Buss kids. Everyone has a price. They say they don't want to sell, but what number trumps that? Eight billion get them there? 66% divided between the six of them would be $880 million pre-tax. I know there might be a different threshold for each kid. Like Jeanie is in no rush, she has tequila money now and the income from Jay Mohr's gigs at the Comedy Cellar. Jim would be fine if the buyers offered to clear his bar tab and gambling debts. They only need four votes. Most of them will never earn 2% of that buyout amount. Hopefully temptation will win out sooner than later.

Also curious about the engagement, does this buy Mohr a seat at the front office table? He's as qualified as her BFF. He has some colorful comments about Bron over the years that are troubling, so there's that.

FrontOfJersey22, Weezy and abeer3 like this.
  17. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Jeannie could win everyone over pretty quickly by just bringing in better people. The brand is still really strong despite our struggles post Dr Buss. But we continue to limit our talent pool to folks who have some kind of Laker ties and it definitely hurts us in my opinion.

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]

and that last part i know is an exaggeration, but i thought about it a minute, and it worried me. i mean, does mohr really have less insight into pro hoops than linda rambis or tim harris? he certainly hasn't failed as hard as kurt rambis.

i agree, but that would basically require a personality transplant. i know folks are like "she fired her own brother", but maybe we're finding out that that was really just an emotional decision like keeping kurt and linda in the inner circle is an emotional decision.

Weezy and ElginTheGreat like this.
  19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah. I think it was. A lot of personal stuff was going on with her and Jim.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. Henry_Hart

Henry_Hart - Rookie -

Mohr, President of Basketball Operations, Lakers. I see it happening this summer.