Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    well mostly I'm ready to move on from LeBlah, so whatever it takes Kurt. Make it so.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

theyre in the finals and now have 2 guys who could potentially extend their window, kumimga showing great potential and moody will have to see, they still have wiseman n maybe even figure out a way to sign n trade poole for a star along witj wiseman if they dont feel like maxing poole

3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right, and had they converted wiseman and kuminga into a star, they'd also be in the finals.

4. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Yes Please!!!
    Don’t forget about the all important Linda!

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

so whats problem then if they are in the finals now w/o having to gut their team? they couldnt afford to have 4 guys who are at or near max n attaching a wiggins to any pkg sort of devalues their assets

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

you (and the press) were the ones saying their patience paid off. b*******. moody, wiseman, and kuminga barely play. if they were converted to their value in a single player, boston might forfeit.

the point is that they had these guys to start with. which is why we can' t be selling picks to move russ. patience. but not in the way folks are interpreting it. mind you this forum wanted to move THT for nothing this year, which is antithetical to the gs praise this week, too.

has kuminga actually shown more than THT? i'm not so sure. wisemen and moody even less.

as much as i'm on the "gs is the nba's standard-bearer" train, the narrative that them not moving their lotto picks for upgrades is why they're good is ridiculous. we can't know what would have happened right now. if they lose to boston, maybe they wish they'd have grabbed a better player. if none of them end up stars but they're forced to extend them, maybe it kills their dynasty.

again, the point is that they gave themselves options. the anti-russ trade.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

kuminga has shown signs of being better than tht but im not sure why thats being brought up...as for using a 1st to dump russ, it seems more than likely thats going to happen

8. FrontOfJersey22

I am amongst the group who HATES that our FO moves younger guys to appease the “LeGM Timeline.” THT should not be dealt, unless we get a good piece back that we want to keep for more than a season or two. We also shouldn’t be attaching ANY of our first rounders to move him or Russ.

9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Not failing right now. Good head coach hire by the FO.

TIME likes this.
  10. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I agree that Golden State is doing the best job organisation wide in the NBA currently. I also think they’ve benefitted from luck - they signed KD when TV rights boosted the salary cap to allow a max slot to them.

Then when they resigned Klay, Curry and Green - I think what they did really well was not let their inflated salary cap fall. First they traded KD for Russell on a max and then flipped him for Wiggins. And I believe if they look to let
    Wiggins go - they’ll flip him for something just to stay at 4x max contracts.

There aren’t many teams that have the spending power they do with the NorCal area behind them. But I fear moving forward that teams like GSW and LAC will try to outspend their competition and we won’t be able to keep up.

Cookie, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yep. they knew dlo wasn't a good fit, but they wanted to hold the space, which is smart assuming you can afford it.

Toklat, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  12. FrontOfJersey22

Step one: hire the right coach.
    Done.
    Step two: trade Westbrick for decent pieces without giving up any first rounders.

lakerjones likes this.
  13. FrontOfJersey22

I give them props for making this great decision and not going with a retread.
    There’s still A WHOLE LOT OF WORK that needs to be done to turn the roster into a competitive one.

alam1108 and lakerjones like this.
  14. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Agreed!

15. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Trusting your friends, even if they are inadequate, at least has some understanding. You want people you trust around you. My issue with Jeanie are two things that have happened the last year. 1, taking a PPP loan out. 2, revoking Jerry West season tickets. I would like more answers to why those two things happened. Those two things are more of a personality revealer than anything Linda or Kurt do.

16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Oh Jeanie…

17. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, well, so did fans.

As ownership, should she be referencing members of the media to set her expectations? No, absolutely not. You should be relying on your basketball people.

And real basketball people above our pay grade and that do this for a living should have opted to have never to make that trade and say no to LeKlutch.

Now, here we are attempting to get value out of a $47 million dollar expiring for a player that is worth about $7-9 million on the open market.

Yeah, great job.

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

$7-9 million is being generous after last season. Has to have a great year wherever he is this year to do that level. A great year with better attitude maybe gets him more?

19. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    https://www.nba.com/news/qa-lakers-jeanie-buss-on-2023-expectations

Maybe it's just because I have low expectations for Jeanie, but aside from that comment on the Russ trade, she said some stuff that was actually promising. I was expecting a cookie cutter response from her about being confident in running it back, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This entire section reads to me as indirectly addressing the Kyrie trade situation.

She is not necessarily content with the current team and open to making big moves to improve the team. She recognizes that we may have to give up draft capital to make a move, but at the same time is not going to be bullied into a bad deal by a team with weak leverage.

20. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Jeanie tried, we had the 4th highest payroll in the league last season. It's not her fault that AD and Lebron pulled a second straight season, of playing together for less than 30 games. It sounded to me, that she isn't afraid of rolling the dice again if the right situation presented itself. That's all you could hope for with your owner IMO .Rob made a few shaky signings with Jordan, Ariza, Baze and Duke, true.. but ultimately Westbrook can return you some high level talent in a trade. I think he's doing a solid job so far this offseason. Let's see how he finishes the drill before training camp.

LTLakerFan likes this.