Head Coach Darvin Ham Discussion: Hot Pockets

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 27, 2022.

1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

2. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Anybody have the whole report?

3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

The players have been running the show forever. This current group of players are more exposed to the media today. It turns into a popularity contest amongst the sports writers these days. An excessive amount of hate is being thrown towards individuals in today's game IMO ..a lot of s*** that has nothing to do with basketball. The thing is the " media " gets to change their tune to fit the current reality. Nobody really remembers their bad hot takes from 3 year's ago. All it takes today is for a few guys to run with a preferred narrative, soon it will get parroted about by the fans and other writers. Until it gets proven false and then they simply run with another one.

pika1708 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Kind of embarrassing that they needed to say they’d keep this clown out of Ham’s business, but cool I guess

Edit: whoops didn’t see you posted it above LVBD, I just hope it holds true. I don’t have the report as I’m not gonna pay to read news.

5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

this gives strong al davis/raiders vibes. and i'm talking the 2000s raiders who were consistently awful

truly embarrassing

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  6. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

"Regular"? So, he's going to be there when he has moronic ideas, like starting AR at C?

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

The subject was defense so yeah BS. And it was important to that ring in addition to LeBron and AD balling on offense since they played defense and the whole team bought into the accountability Vogel preached and the 2 superstars supported in the league’s best execution on that side of the ball.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  8. Slick2021

Everyone that advances in the playoffs plays defense LT. Miami played defense too. You keep throwing these laurels at Vogel's feet. Like it was his defensive scheme that was the main thing . No it was not. The whole team benefited from two top 5 players in the NBA, playing exactly like they were, two top 5 players in the NBA. Everything flowed from that, give those dudes their just due. The whole team bought into following those two. We went out and had the best defense in the NBA in the following season didn't we? Without Lebron or AD..and we finished in the play in game and out in the 1st round. Maybe it wasn’t the "defense" after all. Accountability and all that..yeah it's a bit difficult to hold someone accountable if they aren't playing isn't it? James and Davis delivering those buckets down the stretch in those games, are what made us Champions. The defense was a good footnote to the story .

9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

On one hand I'm thrilled about this. On the other, as Weezy said, it's ridiculous that's even a thing. I'm also a little irritated that our championship coach who EARNED rope with the ring didn't get the same courtesy.

Here's the entire report from Stein...
    Then he touched on the assistant coach subject
    Really hope we don't lose Handy. Anthony Irwin mentioned on his pod that he's heard from his Lakers sources that Handy isn't all that happy he didn’t receive any consideration for the position.

10. Slick2021

It sounds like Kurt was hell bent on getting rid of Frank. Jeanie just overruled him during the season.

11. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

No, not like this.

Cookie, FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  12. Slick2021

LOL...I saw some stuff recently about Magic and Worthy knocking off cheerleaders at halftime of games. Do you really think Pat Riley and the media were unaware of such shenanigans? SMH...the super stars have been running the show for a long time in this league.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i dont believe one bit Rambis wont be in pictures but we'll see if the 1st part where Ham can pick all his asst, when vogel got hired i aways thought there was going to be issues when your HC cant pick ALL his asst. Never heard scenario that Vogel got with asst be forced on him

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  14. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

The reason we won in the bubble season is because of health. And it’s starting to look like the only reason we were healthy is because we had the corona lockdowns to give Lebron and AD time to get to 100%. I’m not sure if they can get through a season and a hard fought playoffs again.

Regardless, AD was the reason we won that year. His defence alongside his shooting unlocked the whole team. His defence hasn’t been at that level since and his shooting has been terrible.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, lebron has entered cp3 territory in that i don't think he can play enough consecutive games at a high level to drag you to a title. i just don't think we're top-tier contenders anymore, even if AD returns to form.

that said, boston is going to the finals despite not really being a top-tier contender on paper, imo. and if we got back to being a top defense again and everyone got hurt while we didn't, there's another ring!

16. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Oddly enough I don’t think Golden State are a classic top tier contender either. Curry is past his prime and he is no longer the once in a generation shooter he was, Klay is still a shell of who he was, Green has regressed even more offensively and they have Wiggins who is a pseudo all star (who I believe is underrated).

Both teams have excellent defences that are built around unique players - Green and Smart/Timelord with strong wing defenders surrounding them. We have our own unique defender in AD. It’s a shame Russ and LJ just aren’t consistent good defenders anymore.

alam1108, ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  17. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    We won’t have Kurt checking in on meetings and keeping the team and coach accountable?

we’re effed

that’s a ham sandwich for ya

18. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

It might be nice for you to try making a point without being insulting or acting like you are somehow intellectually superior. Those are both signs you are not confident in your position.

Juronimo, Cookie, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Rambis was a failure as a coach so it really baffles why he is even involved in meetings.

Cookie, Khmrp and JSM like this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

hmmm...i think gs is bona fide. guess we'll find out. steph and klay aren't peak, but they're still very good (especially steph), and now they have poole behind them.

but the two things the teams in the finals have in common are a) great defense and b) roster continuity/familiarity. neither team has overhauled in the past few years at all.

this is why i was mad about the russ trade, as we did the opposite of both of those.