Head Coach Darvin Ham Discussion: Hot Pockets

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 27, 2022.

1. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    At least two more years of on the job training, he’ll get the hang of things:Laugh:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  2. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Of all gamed why are both Schroeder and Reaves less then 30minutes.

Your going to have to ourscore these guys like the OKC game and only one of DLO was over 30 mpg between the DlO, Reaves and DS

Toklat and Panko like this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

saving em for off season lol

Toklat likes this.
  4. 4dm68

4dm68 - Rookie -

Dont offend the Ham apologists, the Lakers are now known as a head coach development program. Screw championships, our priority is give Ham his first year to practice being an NBA head coach. If he is still here next year, they will have more excuse.

5. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

I really don't know the extent of AD's foot injury, except he's missed 25 games and still has more 30/15 games than anyone else, and that Ham has told reporters AD isn't feeling pain. I don't know WHY AD didn't play in a must-win game that we lost to the 2nd worst team in the league.

I don't know if it's Ham's decision, or the medical/training staff. I only suspect the remaining BTB we have will also see AD out for "precautionary" reasons, and that we'll probably LOSE that game, too.

I also don't know how if Jeannie and her advisors are on the same page with keeping AD out of must-win games. I can imagine seeing something like this, though, in July:

Lakers Sack Ham (AP)
    The Los Angeles Lakers announced today (blah blah blah), sources told us the upper management were particularly incensed when Anthony Davis was held out of a game against the Houston Rockets on March 15, a game that the Lakers could have finally reached .500 (blah blah blah) The Lakers ended up finishing the season one game out of the playoffs, missing post-season play for a second straight year. Ham is reportedly entertaining offers (etc, etc etc)

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Ham is a future HOF coach. Mark my words!

:Crazyartest:

7. Pioneer10

He found the right lineup but so damn slow at making the moves: Vando just killing the Lakers offense if they are in the halfcourt and Beasley come on

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  8. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

did you see Bron was the one coaching AD with a few seconds left? This guy is a joke.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Here's about the time where I wish we had a coach with experience

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  10. Pioneer10

How come Ham doesn't try Vando on guards? He's really hurting the team on offense some games so you need to maximize him elsewhere

Cookie, LTLakerFan and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I was definitely thinking this last night.

12. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Not a Ham fan but he's not the one who missed 13 Fts and had defensive brain farts at the end of the game..

Cookie, Juronimo and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

We are on the cusp of a collapse. This will be Ham's moment to become a head coach or show he isn't. So far the x's and o's have been marginal, rotations and time out use has been bad. The one thing he had going is the players were playing hard for him but even that is now starting to slip. Ham's make or break moment has arrived. He needs to go back and listen to what he was saying before the season started and actually do that. He said the right things but didn't follow through. Might just be in over his head. Some people are great assistants and not good head coaches. There is nothing wrong with that.

FrontOfJersey22 and Cookie like this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he can't make shots for them. we missed a ton of FTs and shot 5-20 from three. the mavs went 16-34 from three and shot 80% at the line. that's ball game.

i guess i get why everyone wants to examine ham or AD or whatever, but you don't win games when you get outshot like that.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

The good: he's started to stagger the AD and Russ subs more and he's letting some second half subs be organic to the flow of the games, adapting to what the players are doing, instead sticking to the pregame plan no matter what.

The bad: he is a rookie coach. Learning on the job. He is having first time experiences every game. He might have seen a situation 100 times next to Bud or while playing, but it's different when you're holding the clipboard. And unfortunately we're playing for our lives every game so EVERY decision is under a microscope right now. There's a level of that in general that comes to be the HC of the LA Lakers, but it's next level with the current pressures of schedule chasing.

He's not doing a great job, but he's doing more good than bad. I want to see what he can do with a training camp with this team, maybe some better luck with injuries, and without the 2 ton anchor known as Russ dragging everything else down. Let's see what his progression looks like a year from now.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

He played Dennis, DAR and AR together for extending minutes again. On at least 2 separate occasions. They are a bad combo, as what happens is -- Dennis hogs the ball and the other two stand in the corner.

This has got to stop.

abeer3 likes this.
  17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Can't find it now, but before the Mavs game they've had a very favorable +/-. They discussed the benefits of the pairing during the Mavs telecast and the numbers were bouncing around twitter last week (maybe by Raj, can't recall).

I don't think it's our best lineup, but when Beasley, Brown, Vando and/or Rui are playing like s***, you don't have many other options.

I think it can work better with more aggressive play out of the offer two as off ball players. AR and DLO are two of the smarter players on the team, there are ways we should be better utilizing them in this 3 guard set. But like I said, we need better aggressive play. I haven't seen much energy or assertiveness from this group since the first half of the Pelicans game.

Barnstable and abeer3 like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think the team exited the "hunter" mode after the pels game and became "hunted". maybe these losses will re-establish the mindset that we're trying to climb as opposed to trying to protect current status. utah and okc are playing like they want to climb, from what i've seen. be curious to see how they come out against orlando, who just beat the clips yesterday in the same building. they've been playing better lately, too, and will definitely be looking to do something. do we recapture the mojo that sort of arrived after dropping russ, or are we done for?

19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Still with the zone defense

abeer3 likes this.
  20. 4dm68

4dm68 - Rookie -

What the hell, the starters energy suck for a must win game. Without AR, another L. This dude need to go this offseason.