Get To Know BARNSTABLE

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by John3:16, Aug 22, 2016.

1. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

What's the most expensive car you've driven?
    If you could go back in time and live in any era, which would that be?
    Most embarrassing situation you found yourself in?
    Favorite comedian?
    Favorite fictional character?
    You're banished to a deserted island for the rest of your life. You're allowed to take 1 album, 1 movie, and 1 book as entertainment. What are they?
    And would you rather want a slow boring Laker team win 5 championships, or an exciting to watch team win only one?

2. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

The 10 Question Barns Inquisition Part Deux...

- how would you rate or describe yourself as a dresser?
    - do you cook or mostly order out?
    - what practical skill you would like to master?
    - do you find gals with accents sexy?
    - how competitive are you?
    - are you anal retentive about your belongings?
    - what is your best trait?
    - what is your worst trait?
    - would you drop dime on a close friend if he confessed to heinous crime?
    - what quote would you want your children to remember?

Bonus ? - do you consider wrestling (the WWE) truly a sport?

John3:16 likes this.
  3. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

If you could fight one person, dead or alive, who would it be?

4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

How would you fix FTWD?: New writers. Nothing happens in that show that I care about. The characters are uninteresting and unlikable. They don't seem to have much of a direction. The characters keep making stupid decisions and somehow live through it. It's just terrible all the way around.

They need to purge the writing staff and replace them with someone... anyone else.

alam1108 likes this.
  5. Barnstable

Game 7, five seconds on the clock, down 1. Who do you give the ball to?: Kobe, no question. If we're talking about Current Lakers, DLO.

Favorite restaurant? Favorite meal?: President's Thai in Pasadena or Rosemead I think. The best Thai food in the world.

Do you workout / martial arts ?: I just got back to working out because I need to get back in shape for the police testing. Never did much martial arts except for a few MMA classes at Tapout LA.

What is the best piece of art you've created? What is the most you've sold a piece for?: I made a really nice fantasy ship in 3D back when I was in school for 3D art and Design in Seattle.

Why are the famous artist "famous"? (I've never understood why, when I see other artist of no fame who can create the same, if not better): Sometimes it's for no other reason than they got lucky, but most of the time, non artists, or people without an artistic eye can't recognize and appreciate how an artist created their work. When decisions were made because to the lay man, it looks like it was just random. But a really good artist can make something look random and only people with the eye can recognize the difference when it wasn't random.

How many hours did you spend creating LakersBall before it was open for business?: A ton. I have no idea how long it took actually. I did most of the work creating the site, and THK helped me a lot by answering any questions for things I couldn't figure out because I have no background in web anything, and then sometimes THK would just do it himself if it was easier than explaining things to me. So I have no idea how long it took, but I couldn't have done it as fast without THK's advice, and teaching.

How many years until the Lakers are contending for a title again?: 5 years. Bank on that!!

6. Barnstable

Chicken or Pork?: Chicken mostly, although Pork is delicious too.

Do you collect things?: No, I use to collect BAsket Ball cards and comics when I was a kid. Wish I still had them because a lot of them would be worth serious money right now.

And lastly, my "go to" question, have you ever been arrested?: Nope. Never gotten worse than an expired tags ticket. Clean as a whistle

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  7. Barnstable

What's the most expensive car you've driven?: Not very. I'm not a car person, so I don't care about expensive or powerful cars. If it's clean and comfortable, I like it.
    If you could go back in time and live in any era, which would that be?: I wouldn't. This is the best time in history. The past was horrific with disease and war and murder. The human race isn't as evolved as people think IMO.
    Most embarrassing situation you found yourself in?: Once in NY a hemorrhoid popped at work, and it looked like I had my period all over my pants. Blood everywhere. I had to leave and walk home immediately lol. Embarrassing, but I don't know if anyone noticed because I left immediately and wore a jacket around my waist.
    Favorite comedian?: Tough one. I love Patrice Oneal, Ron Funches, Bill Burr
    Favorite fictional character?: I love Aria in Game of Thrones
    You're banished to a deserted island for the rest of your life. You're allowed to take 1 album, 1 movie, and 1 book as entertainment. What are they?: Album: tough one, but right now Outkast: Aquemini. Movie: The Avengers. Book: A Brief History of Time maybe
    And would you rather want a slow boring Laker team win 5 championships, or an exciting to watch team win only one?: Tough one. I think I'd still want the more exciting team because it would be more exciting leading to the championships.

8. Barnstable

- how would you rate or describe yourself as a dresser?: 7/10. I can dress well if I want to, but I don't care most of the time.
    - do you cook or mostly order out?: I'm not a good cook. I use to be good when I was younger, but if you don't keep cooking you get rusty, so I mostly eat out now.
    - what practical skill you would like to master?: Stock market investing. Seems like a skill that could prove fruitful.
    - do you find gals with accents sexy?: Not at all. I don't care about the accent, but she must have a nice voice. One that I don't mind hearing all the time.
    - how competitive are you?: Not very much. I want to win games, but I'm pretty good if I don't, but I get upset when random chance like dice screw me lol
    - are you anal retentive about your belongings?: Nope. I share pretty freely with all my close friends.
    - what is your best trait?: I'm very even tempered. It takes a lot to get me upset in general. When I do get mad, it's for good reason.
    - what is your worst trait?: I procrastinate a lot.
    - would you drop dime on a close friend if he confessed to heinous crime?: N/A
    - what quote would you want your children to remember?: Not sure. Probably something from Mark Twain, or Buddhist teaching

Bonus ? - do you consider wrestling (the WWE) truly a sport?: Sport? No. Entertainment? Yes, although it's not for me

9. Barnstable

If you could fight one person, dead or alive, who would it be?: I'd like to see what fighting Bruce Lee would have been like. How fast he really was.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  10. gcclaker

The week of the Barns. Another round of 10...

- early riser or night owl?
    - what track on your iPod would surprise your friends?
    - your go to snack?
    - elliptical, treadmill or stair master?
    - what do you find as the most annoying that other drivers do?
    - take the game winning shot or a game winning assist?
    - do you consider teachers underpaid?
    - your opinion on participation trophies?
    - would you skydive?
    - 1 million dollahs...two minutes buck naked in a confinement full of creepy, non venomous, yet vile crawlies? LOL.

...oh and best of luck on your police career!

11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

What's your drink of choice?

12. Barnstable

- early riser or night owl?: Night owl most definitely. If I had it my way, I wouldn't go to sleep till I saw the sun rising
    - what track on your iPod would surprise your friends?: Wheeler Walker Jr.: Eating p**** and Kickin a**
    - your go to snack?: Popcorn
    - elliptical, treadmill or stair master?: Treadmill. I hardly ever use the others.
    - what do you find as the most annoying that other drivers do?: No turn signals. They are necessary
    - take the game winning shot or a game winning assist?: Game winning assist. I'd be pretty proud of that
    - do you consider teachers underpaid?: Yes, but the whole educational system needs to be revamped including pay
    - your opinion on participation trophies?: Hate the idea. In real life you don't get trophies for not excelling.
    - would you skydive?: Nope. But I always wanted to hang glide for some reason.
    - 1 million dollahs...two minutes buck naked in a confinement full of creepy, non venomous, yet vile crawlies? LOL.: I'd do it, and hate very second of it. It would have been worse if you said 2 minutes in a tank with a bunch of Fish lol

...oh and best of luck on your police career!: Thanks man. I hope I can land a good department.

SamsonMiodek and Battle Tested20 like this.
  13. Barnstable

What's your drink of choice?: Midori Sour. I like fruity drinks lol

14. gcclaker

Barns... Fish? Really? I have to try a Midori Sour.

15. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

Do you have any idea how happy you've made our former CL community by making this site?

I even ran into Nissan on a boxing forum and told him about this place

16. Barnstable

Barns... Fish? Really?: I HATE fish of every kind and they hate me right back

Battle Tested20 and gcclaker like this.
  17. Barnstable

Do you have any idea how happy you've made our former CL community by making this site?: Happy to do it. I needed this site as much as anyone. I'd be so bummed and unenthusiastic if I had to go to any of the other old Lakers forums to get my Lakers fix, when CL eventually shut down.

18. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

OK. I think we need to revisit this. So like no fish at all? Like a reef aquarium with little clown fish and such would freak you out?

Where's Punk when we need him? We need to get to the bottom of this. This needs some analysis.

SamsonMiodek likes this.
  19. Barnstable

OK. I think we need to revisit this. So like no fish at all? Like a reef aquarium with little clown fish and such would freak you out?: Oh, it's deep, but not nearly as deep as it use to be, and I know what it's from.

When I was around 6 I ate a bad fish stick, and got extremely sick. I was so mad I threw my toy Buck Rodgers fighter into the wall and made a hole in the dry wall. Ever since then, the smell, look, and anything having to do with fish has been repulsive to me.

But when I moved to Jamaica for a year, fish was everywhere, so now I can at least stand the smell a little without dry heaving.

I know it's psychosomatic and I don't care. I made a wise choice to never touch fish again at 6 and I don't regret it

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

But what about aquariums? Can you not even look at fish swimming around? Like can you walk through the aquarium section at Petsmart and be OK? :D

Battle Tested20 and sirronstuff like this.