Gender Equality Thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by FreeThePeople, Oct 5, 2014.

1. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    http://onlyagame.wbur.org/2014/10/11/dutee-chand-banned-iaaf

lol.
    Except for when it doesn't.

oops.

FreeThePeople likes this.
  2. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Notice "pretty much" hand in hand. And when they don't?

What are those kind folk? I don't think you're showing a proper appreciating for already well accepted difficulties in sex binarism.

3. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I guess this just happened:

"
    Tristan Thompson kisses a sideline reporter, and he really, really screwed up (Video)

[​IMG]
    By Kelly Dwyer23 hours agoBall Don't Lie
    [​IMG]

Not cool, not funny, Tristan Thompson. (Getty Images)
    Tristan Thompson scored 17 points and added 11 rebounds with no turnovers in nearly 30 minutes of action on Friday night. The Cavaliers big man returned to the power forward position and was probably the team’s best player in its 108-102 exhibition loss to the Dallas Mavericks at home.Following the contest Prior to the contest, FOX Sports sideline reporter Allie Clifton attempted to discuss as much with Thompson, who responded by disgusting us as much as humanly possible:

Yeah, hey, Tristan Thompson, don’t do that.

Just because Allie Clifton remained calm and professional and kept a smile following the buss, it doesn’t mean Tristan Thompson wasn’t straight up sexually harassing her. She remained calm and professional because she is a professional – that is to say, she’s doing her [EXPLETIVE DELETED] job. Don’t kiss someone without their consent, ever, and don’t kiss someone without their consent while they’re doing their job.

This isn’t cute or funny or meme-worthy. There should be no marginalizing or rationalizing of this. That could be a mortifying thing for this reporter, and Thompson couldn’t be more in the wrong. Just because you’re working with someone of the opposite sex, it doesn’t mean a sly innuendo, pat on the rear, or kiss on national television is in any way appropriate. You want to lay your uneasy flirt game on someone? Wait two hours and take it to a bar. Grow up.

The Cavaliers and the NBA shouldn’t slough this off as a preseason giggle-fest.
    "

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ally--really-screwed-up--video-174239361.html

4. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

ridiculous, this is sexual harassment? while pretty much any woman can make a pass at a man without any fear?

he kissed her hair/cheek. i find this pretty damn innocent.

as for the men and women and their upper body/physical strength. we're talking about men and women generally, i don't like to generalize but this is true.

grab random 20 men and random 20 women and have them fight to the death. as some what simple as it sounds, i mean who do you think would win? Or me and all my friends and our home girls and their girl friends.

i have to assume there is a reason why the majority of women are scared to walk alone at night and what not and we aren't. Hell i never even thought of that (unless i was in a gang infested neighborhood) or thought many women had that fear until i was well into my college years (per say, sorry mom and dad, lol)

same thing with the military, an average man with no real skill is more useful then an average women counter part, because of a man can handle physical hard labor longer then a man.

and i emphasize on average, we're not talking about super human males or females.

theres a reason why women are scared to walk alone at night and what not and we aren't. Hell i didnt even think of that or thought many women had that fear until i was well into my college years (per say, sorry mom and dad, lol)

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

...... and Tristan wasn't even drunk yet [​IMG]

6. Barnstable

I would think it was innocent as well except that this is her job. You're not being a professional and you're not respecting her as a professional by doing that. We don't know, they might have a close relationship where he thought that would be ok, but there's a time and place for everything.

7. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

i guess thats true, but wouldn't that be the same when shaq kisses dudes and others that have? or does that rule only apply if hes homosexual?

its all subjective, but honestly its making big deal out of nothing. thats my opinion of it

8. Barnstable

Good point there. I was thinking I've seen Shaq do things like that to Craig Segar and people thought it was just funny. There is definitely a difference in how something like this is perceived and a lot of that is based on history. Patting a woman on the head, tapping her butt, kissing her without her consent, etc... all of that and more are just signs of the past for how women were treated, and it's still a no no.

9. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

just a random thought, do women think about sex as much as men?

or actually do all men? or am i just a horn dog? lol seriously though

10. Barnstable

^I don't think women think of sex as much. I don't have anything other than my life experience to back that up, but to me it doesn't even seem close.

11. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    If she was offended by it, of course it's sexual harassment. And if Shaq kisses you, of course it's sexual harassment. Is it hard to avoid kissing people? I've never had that problem.

Kasumi and FreeThePeople like this.
  12. Barnstable

Also relevant to the topic of equality...

[​IMG]

13. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

No. Women do not actually like sex. They put up with it from pig men for the good of the species.

[​IMG]

14. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

Definitely sexual harassment... And that's a great point about Shaq doing that, that is equally sexual harassment (although Tristan also said "you know how I do ;)").

@trodgers , I should've researched more... I don't know. It's too confusing. There definitely can't be a sex/gender binary. There are definitely people who identify in the binary who have chromosomal mutations or ambiguous genitalia or lack or have other aspects that either sex is "supposed" to have or not have. I still think gender is a made-up concept, and we shouldn't have to identify with any gender. But what about sexual identification? Everyone is different, and it simply seems too difficult to put people into any category other than human...

I had the notion a few months ago that the world would be a much easier place if everyone was bi-sexual I MEAN openly sexual with everyone. (Was looking for that font where you can put a line through text, but we don't have that...)

trodgers likes this.
  15. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

So what do you propose we do about athletics? I also had the notion for a few months that I couldn't see sports going on for too much longer... It's just a pleasureful manifestation of "man" power, is it not? Think about it, the best athletes used to be gladiators...

Mind sports?

16. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

"I had the notion a few months ago that the world would be a much easier place if everyone was bi-sexual I MEAN openly sexual with everyone. (Was looking for that font where you can put a line through text, but we don't have that...)"

Yeah that'd be great for kids and families. "Jumping the Shark" here is coming to mind.

17. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    I don't see anything changing overnight, but women and men compete in the Grid League - general athletic competition. Just allow women to try. Maybe they make it. Maybe they don't.

Barnstable likes this.
  18. lakerswiz

lakerswiz Guest

trodgers likes this.
  19. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good argument, my good man.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/0...-has-both-female-male-sexual-characteristics/

That's two. Given that there are 7 billion people and that I've identified two in one sport, I'm pretty sure your estimation is ludicrously far off. Indeed it's more like 1 in 1666.
    http://www.isna.org/faq/frequency

Now, how many people become professional athletes? 1 in 1666? More? Less? In other words, being intersex is uncommon, and so is being an athlete. Being uncommon doesn't mean "doesn't count."

20. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

I'm not talking about old people being openly sexual with 6-year-olds (although there is a stigma surrounding couples with large age gaps). I mean, I could go to my school and not have to worry about who I can and can't flirt with - everyone is down. Obviously it's pretty radical, and honestly, while I can recognize beauty of men, I haven't had any homosexual urges... It wouldn't happen overnight. Why would that be bad?

trodgers likes this.