Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RasAlgethi, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

See, my issue with this remains, why couldn’t she just fly straight to the tower where Cersei was watching and kill her right then? Why murder thousands of innocents? Children? Dany has always had the “I’ll burn them” thing going on, true, but she’s also always used it against like either bad people who deserved it, or people who threatened her right to rule with violence and such, but when has she ever killed innocent people and children? She burned armies and people who wouldn’t kneel in season 7, but this turn from that to literally anyone doesn’t work for me.

SamsonMiodek and alam1108 like this.
  3. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

this final season is more dysfunctional than our Lakers...waited two years to watch a rushjob where everything was disregarded...truly disappointing

lakersyunowin and alam1108 like this.
  4. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Drogon, the smartest character in GOT.
    Thank God it's over...

6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

What a s*** show.

lakersyunowin likes this.
  7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Really don’t get all the backlash, wow this was such a satisfying ending. I really enjoyed how they...

Just kidding.

Throw all my defenses of this season out the window.

Straight trash.

lakersyunowin and Punk-101 like this.
  8. Magic Skywalker

Magic Skywalker - Rookie -

You know, I think if we gathered votes around the globe, we would get more or less a universal consensus about the first four seasons being the best part of the whole Game of Thrones series. I personally got in love with the series up to that point. Medieval setting looked fantastic, the touch of fantasy was great and almost never too invasive for my taste (there's some exceptions, but nothing too big), characters were so incredibly fleshed, filled with strengths and flaws, the "game" was so incredibly well done you had to admire. Plot twists had so much impact, but made so much sense. Everything was so perfectly threaded that for one I felt all the hype in the world was deserved.

After that, the series definitely went a bit down, but seasons 5, 6 and 7 were still very, very enjoyable to me. There were a lot of things I didn't really like that much, and the perfection I saw in previous seasons just wasn't there, but they were still fun for me. I can still think of lots of great moments that happened during those seasons. While they were not perfect, the previous seasons had built characters I really liked (or loved to hate) so they kept working with those and things felt mostly good. I actually watched every single season of Game of Thrones just before season 8 aired, and I was still having a lot of fun while rewatching the later seasons.

Season 8 was.... well, first and foremost. Way, way to rushed. I think a lot of the outcomes of this season could've made sense... if given time to develop. We discussed about Daenerys before, which I won't go into details because I'm not using spoilers, and I think going from her beginning point to her ending point was something that made sense, I think things were going to happen more or less this way, but this last season was too rushed, and it feels like "they kinda forgot" to complete her development to reach her ending point. She was probably the most emblematic case in the series by the end, but this can be said to pretty much every single character. Things were too quick, like they just did the events in season 8 without threading them together, to the point at times it looked plain stupid (teleporting, stormtroopers replacing Legolas, etc).

It's hard to say that season 8 didn't end up being dissapointing. I think it was by far the worst season in Game of Thrones, and being the last season, it should've been epic. It should've been a fantastic unforgettable experience. But ended up being rushed, filled with stupid mistakes (with even worse excuses by D&D).

Can I say I had a bad time with this season? No, not really. I could still have fun with episode 3 (even if it was too dark) and while I had things to criticize in episode 5, I think the whole big scenes were mostly well done and I liked watching all of what was happening at King's Landing. But then again, I did feel episode 4 kinda destroyed any possible salvation to some glaring problems the series was starting to show, and episode 6 ended up being a conclusion that, sure, concluded, but left no impact at all.

Except mah good boy Ghost. He was finally petted for the good boy he is. I'm sure D&D spent the whole season's budget in having poor Ghost petted.

Also, shame the Hound was killed in episode 5. It would've been a nice plus to see Arya sail into the sunset along with him instead of alone

9. Weezy

Wtf was that?

So dragons are intelligent to the level of understanding politics/Feudalism? I always thought they were like giant dogs, obeying their master and her commands. But apparently they knew that the throne needed to be destroyed to solve the true problem of this society? No throne, no fighting over the throne, damn that’s a smart dragon. Also I’m glad 8 seasons of this show took time out of its final episode to give us a little roundtable about democracy. :D Ok, I’m being overly harsh on that bit, but this was not satisfying for me.

One of the only highlights of this season, pushed to the side as he may have been, had been Peter Dinklage’s acting. The shots of the Stark children off on their various new journeys was good too, very LOTR:RoTK. Lastly, maybe a dumb question, but wasn’t the wall destroyed by the night king in season 7? Was this a different part of the wall that wasn’t broken or something, what am I missing here? Oh and it was good to see Jon finally pet Ghost, glad they had the money for that, :wasntme: though ridiculous as it sounds I have a strange feeling they may have added that somehow in the last 2 weeks after the fan outcry about their goodbye in episode 4.

alam1108 likes this.
  10. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Like the rest of the series, underwhelming and confusing.

11. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Star Wars is dead. Game of Thrones is now dead. Marvel is my last beacon of hope in the entertainment industry.

alam1108 likes this.
  12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ D&D are moving to the new Star Wars :D
    Awesome, right?

13. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

Magic thought he was Daenarys and Kings Landing was the front office

RIP Thrones...thanks for 7 great seasons

14. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I knew sooner or later someone with a lot of free time was going to do it.

https://www.aliceshipwise.com/gameofthrones

It's her version of Season 8 that she wrote up in the style of a screen play, without watching the actual Season 8. She's a full time story writer and story teller.

15. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I can't take credit for this, but thought it was funny:

"They broke the wheel and replaced it with two wheels. Chaos is a ramp."

Another editing mistake...

At least Jon finally got to pet Ghost. My watch has ended after that.

16. Weezy

17. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    First of all thanks for the very detailed explanation and apologies for my late reply - it was a very busy few days for me. I guess after the finale it kind of doesn't make much sense to elaborate on it further but just my probably final .02 cents on this subject - I am not trying to convince you just presenting my point of view/what frustrated me the most concerning this particular part of the story.

I can to some extent agree a lot has happened this season to Daenerys that could have made a not so stable person lose her mind. However, there is a huge difference between losing it and doing some crazy psycho thing, like maybe burning down all the soldiers that have just surrendered, and METHODICALLY burining street after street filled with innocent people.

It was also beyond frustrating for me how seemingly the thing that pushed her over the edge was Jon pushing her away. I mean COME ON! This was seriously Bold and Beautiful level of scriptwriting.

Leavng Daenerys alone - the final episode was IMO probably the worst one of the season, as dificult as this seems to accomplish after such a bad first 5 episodes. I could go on and on about what was wrong with it, but it doesn't really deserve any more of my/our time. What needs to be said however is this - the dialogue between Tyrion and Jon about Daenerys and how she might be right (in Jon's eyes) was probably the worst scene of all the seasons, can't express how much I hated it.

Helljumper and Weezy like this.
  18. Weezy

This is great

Kou and alam1108 like this.
  19. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    You may not be trying to convince me, but nevertheless I am now on your side of the debate. And I’m so disappointed that I similarly don’t want to spend much time or effort elaborating on why.

alam1108 and SamsonMiodek like this.
  20. Weezy

The video in this article didn’t sway me, but it made one of if not the best arguments for its case yet. It’s worth a watch, I at least felt a little better about the ending. Still, if you have to explain it or break it down in this detail for it to make sense, then the writers didn’t do their job as well as they should have.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/26/game-of-thrones-ending-explained-daenerys-targaryen/