Game Debrief: What Went Right And What Went Wrong?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Nah..you pick and chose what to yap about. A healthy Lebron and AD remains the key to success. You should have caught on to that by now.

You stay in a hurry, to say something smart though.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

.500 is success i guess?

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  3. Slick2021

7 games make a season. Damn... half of the league needs to pack it in already huh?

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

havent seen any improvements at all, getting worser gm by gm but as other guy said, he moving that goal post

5. Slick2021

Meh..Injuries move goalposts all the time. It sounds like you believe that it's the jerseys, not those guys wearing them.

6. Slick2021

Improvement over what specifically? The last series of the playoffs. Last season in general, from game 1 of this season. What Improvement is you specifically speaking on?

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

this season game by game...if you think they're getting better then not sure we're watching the from same perspective, gm by gm wasnt clear enough for you? i dont know how you came up from last season, why would last season matter?

alam1108 likes this.
  8. Slick2021

Agh..so you EXPECT improvement game by game regardless of who is playing? Is that really what you are trying to say here? That s*** is ridiculous man.

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yes, the starters haven't been hurt until today but i guess you counting on vando being the sf starter than being the missing piece that would lead to improvements?

10. Slick2021

Agh ok. So Prince wasn't a starter until tonight? Hmmm.I'm not sure how Rui or Vincent could start in street clothes. So in essence...Lebron, AD, Austin, and D'Angelo haven't improved any all season? I'm just trying to pin you down here..you are pretty slippery with your criticisms.

11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

of course he missed. shooting curse

12. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

After our first truly bad game of the season - ORL - we had at least 4 chances to go ahead in the last 2 minutes but our guys couldn't hit their shots. Two of 'em were by Austin, who was our best all-around player this game. That flying slam put-back just before the end of the first half was something else.

After 2:39: Lebron tried a 3 and missed, Austin tried 2 from downtown and missed, Lebron got called for a charge (did anyone else think that too was a questionable call?), and Cam missed a 3. WHY were we jacking up 3s after storming back to be down only 1 in the last 2 minutes? 'Cuz they were good looks. Obviously ya gotta knock 'em down but we just didn't, which is enough to make any Laker fan put both palms to their temples. I know I did. Damn!

This was, to me, a totally maddening loss. Could've stolen it, but didn't. After Lebron drove and hit the layup and got fouled with 2:39 left he hit the FT to make it 108-107, and the game ended with that score. We got stops, couldn't make a shot after that. And we had some good looks. Damn.

Of course the very bad was AD's hip spasm. I think he was a detriment after that when he still played. MIA smelled blood and trapped him in the corner on that one play which resulted in a TO...and we all saw that comin' did we not?

I thought our D was lax and some of our guys looked tired. Man I'm gettin' sick of other teams beating us on the 2nd chance points. MIA isn't even a big team.

Wood's 3 form looked good. Everyone else? Not so much 8/26 as a team. 31%.

A winnable game if we keep our cool and don't give up so many technical FTs. I am biased but I do think we had some issues to complain about and D-Lo was right to complain about that one non-call. MIA got home cookin' in this game for sure.

Man, this is already smelling like a nightmare road trip. It already feels like a looooong trip and we're only 0-2 so far.

Well that's the way it goes. Hope AD's issue isn't serious. 'Cuz if it is, we be effed.

alam1108, TIME, BigDan24 and 2 others like this.
  13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    who is our closer?

honest question.

In the clutch, when you need a basket, who are you going to? If it's Lebron, doesn't he hide behind "making the right play" vs force yourself on the opponent and make them stop you? He's in his 21st year. It's a little unrealistic to expect him to be "that guy" if he ever was.

AD seems too limited to be that guy. Is it Reaves? Who is it?

ElginTheGreat and Zoyd Wheeler like this.
  14. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Tonight it was AR. In games going forward, I think he's The Closer. He missed the first 3 to take the lead and I was kinda surprised, because he's an assassin in my book. When he missed the 2nd 3 to go ahead (maybe win), I confess I was almost shocked. He's "Him", as he knows. He's our closer. I still have total faith in him. The MIA game was just a piss-cutter of a game.

TIME and sirronstuff like this.
  15. Slick2021

Lebron James without a doubt. 21 years in, and all that.

Juronimo likes this.
  16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    so first round out then? If we get past the play in game?

17. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Tough loss.
    Great fight from the team to come back with only 6 players.
    Amazing effort by LeBron. I think we just need to accept that he still has it when he wants and that he will save a lot of energy during games and then use it in specific situations, we gotta live with that. Come playoff time it should payoff

Great show by Reaves too.
    It's a good shot the last play, he attacked the basket as he should and we had a wide open 3. He missed it, it happens, we move on.

I liked this game, just a bad outcome

Juronimo, abeer3 and TIME like this.
  18. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I had us losing this game when the season began but I didn't have us losing to Orlando. We need to make up that loss by beating PHX on Friday, and ofc, taking care of business against a suddenly resurgent Houston Rockets team next up.

The MIA game was maddening because once again we're down too many guys and then you can throw AD into that mix and then DLO getting ejected. Too many bad things happened in this game and yet we still had a shot at winning it, and did not.

This year is starting to kind of feel like last year...but hopefully we can tread along .500 for a bit and gel as a team, adn then go on a run starting Jan 2024.

FrontOfJersey22, TIME and abeer3 like this.
  19. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

The team is a mess with no size/energy or athleticism. With no AD no chance at defense. To start, I would break up the Dlo and Reaves backcourt. That has to be the softest, worst defending backcourt in the entire nba.

alam1108 likes this.
  20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

getting worse not better...the end