Game Debrief: What Went Right And What Went Wrong?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 27, 2023.

1. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

we show signs of being a really good team when we care. It's a shame most of the time we're in "coast" mode

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Saving our best for the playoffs...I hope.

3. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

What went Wrong: jumped out to a deep hole, no one could hit the side of a barn. The game was around 7 hours long, so forgive me if I'm guessing we were down 30-10 at one point?

What went Right: We have HIM on our team. Hillbilly Mamba. He lived up to that tonight.

So much to say about this game: 2 OT win in MIL after being down 19 in the 4th Q, w/o Lebron. My gawd! I'm too mentally wiped out to even...

4 straight wins! Finally!

Cookie, lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Jeez, I had to watch the last quarter on replay. When they fell behind by 19 for the second time, I couldn't take it anymore. Damnnnnn!!! That was some digging deep, gotta have heart kind of game.

Cookie, lakerjones and Zoyd Wheeler like this.
  5. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Yea. MIL went up 19 earlier in the game, we cut it to 6, then MIL pushed it back to 19. It's the 4th with under 9 mins and we're down 19. I'm just glad we came back and made it a game earlier, but the kid in me thought, "If we could just go on a little 10-0 run here..." and the crazy thing is: they did. It was almost too good, if ya know what I mean: So good that when you force OT you really want the Lakers to steal it, but are just amazed they forced OT. In the 2nd OT the idea of going all that way only to lose in doubleOT is painful to think about, so I'm a frikkin' mess watching the game. Pacing around the room, yelling at the TV, afraid I disturbed the neighbors when AR in the 2nd OT just said to himself, eff these guys, hoists a 28 footer: SWISH! Ohmyfreakingawd.

Austin Reaves, who hits a big shot way back in the 4th Q and Reggie Miller calls him "Anthony" Reaves. Man. And Rodney Dangerfield thought he got no respect.

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

What went right? Beating Malik Beasley. Freaking sucked here, couldn’t hit a thing, can’t play defense, all around low IQ player. Makes his shots in Milwaukee and is on a much better team, can’t just be happy, has to act like we wronged him, talk all kinds of trash, screw that nonsense. Couldn’t be happier we sent him home with a loss, loser.

7. Mr. Hollywood

Mr. Hollywood - Rookie -

Bron sitting. AD playing on one leg. Facing the East's #2 seed, who were undoubtedly looking for some payback, in their gym. All things considered, I think we should all be pleased with the results here.

JSM, Juronimo, SamsonMiodek and 4 others like this.
  8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Right: Gut check win
    Wrong: Reaves missing the prayer in regulation resulting into two OTs which will kill us in a back to back

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

best come back of the yr....gave up @7min mark in the 4th, just thought they'd ended up losing by 10 or less....hopefully bron carries the team tonight

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    LTLakerFan likes this.
  10. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Yeah trade him!!!

11. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

He found out that he can’t handle the pressure for playing for The Premier Franchise in the League.
    I agree- pretty childish behavior from a guy who was given more than enough chances to shine here.

Pioneer10 and LTLakerFan like this.
  12. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Right: great win without AD, especially coming off a double OT last night.

Wrong: not much really. Rui was awesome. Hayes did well. Lebron was fresh.

13. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

What went wrong:
    dead legs and AD didn't look quite back to normal after the knee injury.
    Dlo was really really bad. couldn't hit anything and was just bad on defense, out of position, dumb rotations, name it he did it wrong on D

Right:
    Lebron had an easy time in the post but then again he missed some makeable 3's

Honestly not really too mad about this one: Reaves did have a brutal TO where the Lakers were making their 4th quarter run and flipped the game from being down 5 to 9 but honestly Lakers legs seemed out of it. Fatigue caused the Pacers to beat the Lakers to every loose ball and no legs on the jumpers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    VincePT and lakerjones like this.
  14. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Tough stretch with 3 games in 4 nights. Guys had tired legs. No one expected a perfect road trip and we still have a great chance to win 5 of 6 if we punish these bad teams we are about to face (Nets, Raptors Wizards). We also didn't lose ground on the Suns and Kings.

15. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Honestly expected a loss here. Indiana was out for revenge and weren’t going to lose to us three times in a row.

16. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Lakers go into Indiana and score 60 fewer points than they did against the same team a week earlier. They looked physically and mentally out of it for much of the game. Defense was lousy, at times hellaciously bad. Shooting was a nightmare. One of those games.

I'm not gonna get too worked up over this. BUT: better win this next game in Brooklyn. Gawd, I miss Vando. Have I said that before?

LTLakerFan and lakerjones like this.
  17. lakerjones

Right - double digit lead pretty much the whole game, great bounce back win. Lebron red hot shooting 9 of 10 from three, 13-17 overall, wowza! Starters with 114 points.

Wrong - bench with 2 points? What?

18. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Is this some sort of record? Lakers win over Brooklyn 116-104, and the starters scored 114 of the 116. That seems insane to me. Dinwiddie 21 mins, T-Prince 15 mins: 0 points. Gabe, of all people, made the lone shot from the bench and he was 1-4. Bench was 1 for 12 from the field. We know Spencer can score. We hope T-Prince and Gabe and Max can score in the playins/playoffs, if we make it. But man: that was a weird game.

After the lackadaisical showing in IND, it was good to see them bounce right back. And Lebron's 9 for 10 from 3 was pretty crazy. Last year, near the end of the regular season, he had a game where he hit 8, IIRC. And I said at that time, this is bad, because he won't be able to keep up that percentage. But this year he's as good as he's ever been from downtown, right? Wow...Nuts!

Team shoots 54% for the game: shades of that insane 150 point game against IND at home on March 24th.

AD: 24/14 with 3 blocks on 9 of 12 from the field. AR could not hit from 3; all the juju-juice from 3 was flowing into the body of the Old Man.

The bench was as silent as moonlight on a gravestone. Starters beat up on the Nets. Boo-hoo.

HOU finally lost, to the Mavs. GSW keeping pace with us in immanent win over Spurs as I write this.

19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    You would think Spencer would play his heart out against his former team lol

Cookie, lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  20. lakerjones

It was weird though, he kept passing up shots. So strange. He didn't want to shoot.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.