Game Debrief: What Went Right And What Went Wrong?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 27, 2023.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Yes- he and Cuban are the best to see when their respective teams are choking. Oh well, there’s always next season for us to enjoy this, unless something miraculous happens and we finally meet in the playoffs this year.

Zoyd Wheeler, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  2. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

The Wrong: it was a win that felt like a loss. We didn't give a crap all game long, no defense, lack of effort, almost let a 9 win team beat us on our home court when we are fighting to just make the playin at this point in the season. It was embarrassing. And doesn't bode well since this was the only "easy win" in the foreseeable future. The upcoming schedule is brutal in terms of opponents.

The Right: AD was spectacular. Reaves was super clutch down the stretch. Lebron had that game changing chase down block on Poole.

3. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Wizard have been playing well despite their record. Coach benching Poole seems to have made the team better

That being said Ham is just so Ham. Cam got basically froze.out which is some strange stuff

Lebron basically wins the game again this time with defense on the Poole chasedown and also defending Poole on the final play. Depending on James to be your perimeter stopper against the Wiz ain't a good sign

Kuzma played well. Man he'd look good on this version of the Lakers.

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  4. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

My thing earlier today here on another thread was this: look, Lakers, we've watched you all season. Just when you look good to even maybe possible top 3 in West, you play like a Bottom 5 team to smash any illusions. Then, you also do stuff like beat BOS in BOS w/o Lebron and AD, etc. We've seen it all with these guys by now. PHI beating us by 44. Lakers somehow just not showing up for the 2nd half against Brooklyn, of all teams, in LA, and getting outscored 68-44 after a halftime lead; the incredible defense in the run-up to the tournament win and that tournament championship game: looked really really good. We've seen it. We ask ourselves over and over: WHY?

We get it: there's no counting on which team we're gonna see at any given time. That's how we roll this season. Got it.

And after coming back from 21 down with 11:45 yet and winning, against the Clips: hey, we know it's a BTB and against a 9-49 team. Just...win, okay? Somehow. Don't harsh our buzz after that win over Beardie/Kawhi/Brick, et.al.

What went Right: they won.

What went Wrong: I'm taking this one off for today. They won. Yea, they effed w/us hardcore fans, but they won. Somehow. NEXT!

5. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Kuzma would be great now that AD is the fulltime center. He was squeezed out playing behind James and Davis before, now he'd be able to start alongside them.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Kuz might be slightly better than Rui, but he's definitely not 10M per season better IMO.

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Plus Rui still has room to grow skills and “strength” wise. I thought he looked bigger out there next to Kawhi and he is. They’re “listed” respectively at 6’8” 230lbs and 6’7” 230. Don’t know about wing span. But it’s certainly not a reach to look at his future peak as Kawhi lite or not quite so lite as he adds to his skills and gets more consistent. At least on offense. Quite a ways to go to even sniff the prime Leonard defense to be called “lite” there. Probably rebounding too.

DO NOT TRADE HIM with other valuable players and draft picks for freaking 164lb 6’1” no hope for defense Trae Young.

:No2:

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    See you later “Toilet King”

[​IMG]

9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

^^^ image(?) not coming up for me .... and if it's a Balmer dis I want to enjoy it.

:Laugh:

10. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

I'm a Laker fanatic, and I endorse this message. (Sorry: already getting sick-unto-death of political ads)

Yea: I love Rui and his midrange game. His D can improve but I don't see it as a huge weak spot. He's smart, fast, versatile and built like a fullback. I also love his overall style. DO NOT TRADE RUI!

LTLakerFan wrote: "Don’t know about wing span. But it’s certainly not a reach..." <----Ha! I see whatcha done did there!

11. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

When we observe Steve Ballmer, keep in mind his currently listed net worth is $121 Billion. Like, I'd bet Jeannie has tons of Microsoft stock. I'll never get over how insane this kinda thing is, and really: the only reason it drives me up a tree is: the number of people living on the streets, hungry, can't afford medicines, who are hopeless in prospects of buying a home, etc. Something seems horribly wrong. And, as Buffet said, his class isn't paying their fair share in taxes.

Now: just take in the sheer majesty of Ballmer here, in Sirronstuff's pic.

12. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Free Ad Copy for the new Intuit Dome, built by humble Ballmer, worth $121,000,000,000:

Are U Intuit?
    The Clippers ARE!
    Intuit: Come for the 1,160 places to crap
    Stay for the early-round exits!

What? Too soon?

13. FrontOfJersey22

:Laugh:

LTLakerFan likes this.
  14. FrontOfJersey22

Man, I could go off on this topic, but I can’t here.
    I’ll just say for the past four years, our government has done everything in its power to tax Middle Class Working folks like myself into oblivion for nefariously idiotic reasons. So much so that it’s not even worth it to keep my family of five struggling so much just to live in a state that looks nothing anymore like the one I grew up in.
    Anyway, I’ve always been one to believe in a Kingdom, not this fake version of a Republic that died decades ago.

Wino likes this.
  15. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    been a lot longer than four years and one of the reasons we are moving as it is worse here than almost anywhere.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  16. FrontOfJersey22

Yup- Kuz was unfairly lambasted by many Laker fans, but I would have kept him. I love players who aren’t supposed to be good in the NBA that prove everyone wrong.

17. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

What's depressing what came out vs what came in and thinking about present assets
    Lakers took in:
    Westbrook: vet min signing
    Nunn: not in the NBA
    Monk: doing well but Lakers couldn't have kept him based on the contract

Lakers lost
    KCP - what's he worth 2 first rounders if DFS is worth that much?
    Caruso - 2 first rounders?
    Kuzma - 1 or 2 first rounders

If they just waited a year: Reaves was drafted. So KCP/Caruso/Reaves/Kuzma with Lebron/AD and now with Whitmore on board you have a squad

18. FrontOfJersey22

Yeah- I never do these “what if” exercises because it’s just too painful.
    LeBron and AD screwed themselves out of at least one more Chip by asking for Westbrick.

Juronimo likes this.
  19. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

I truly hate Denver. They’re so damn good. They just hit another gear the last 3 minutes in the 4th. Best overall starting front court I’ve seen since the 80’s Lakers and 80’s C Bags.

20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

one team is a defending champion and the other is an unserious team