Game Debrief: What Went Right And What Went Wrong?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 27, 2023.

1. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

2. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Everything went wrong.It should be blowout win.Ok they will blow out Clippers without either Kawhi or PG13 or maybe both

3. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

The right, DLO and AD were simply spectacular. The Lakers gutted out a win on the second night of a back to back. Wood looked really, really good out there with AD and Lebron. More of that please.

The wrong? Well, AR just looks broken. Glad he made a few shots but yikes that first half was awful. Prince 1-4 for 4 points in 26 minutes. Not good. Maybe we should just go big with Prince at the 2 and Wood at 5 in the starting lineup. Just send Reaves home to rest for a week or so. I don't hate Prince and I'm not saying he's a problem player. But he's underwhelming me right now as the starting 3. We just don't have the energy to start games with the lineup we are using. Again, maybe just move him to the 2 and go big with him and Wood in there.

ElginTheGreat, TIME and Zoyd Wheeler like this.
  4. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Reddish is lighting it up!
    Oh wait, he’s shooting airballs?
    Guess Hamburger has no idea he has a guy on the bench who plays just as good D as Cam and also shoots 40% from three. I bet if Max were 6’ he would be getting a ton of burn.

AD and DLO were huge.

LeBron’s slow motion step back long jumper needs to be retired. He needs to start adapting his game to his age and strengths. He should do more of the floater in the lane.

More of Wood and AD playing together please.

I never thought I’de be typing this, but I miss Dennis. We have nobody who can bother the quick guards.

TIME, Cookie and alam1108 like this.
  5. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Come on man, he’s not broken. He’s just starting off slowly. He’ll come around.

TIME, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

(After the eeked-out win vs. Orlando):

Pug-fugly win. Get a hand up on D, please. Move your damned feet, fer crissakes. The 3-pt shooting blows. 50/50 balls look like they're going 20/80 against us: BOX the eff out. Secure the ball. Stop making telegraphed, idiotic fancy passes.

We won: good. But we played like scrubs a lot of the time and deserved to lose this one. D-Lo? Thanks for not driving me completely insane: when they fouled you with 8 secs left in the backcourt, up 1? I thought you'd brick one or both...'cuz that's how the season's gone so far.

Did I mention getting a hand up?

Also: there's a half gallon of milk in my fridge and I just looked: Austin Reaves in not on the one I have. Has anyone seen that guy?

Man, I hate being a Laker fan from last year pre-Brick dump, but sheesh. We look like a bad team right now. Why? Askin' for a fiend.

7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Shrug...It's the NBA...Win and keep it moving.

Zoyd Wheeler likes this.
  8. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Yea. I feel like saying we will look way better when Reaves gets his mojo back. And of course we need Rui and Vando. Aye. I believe those three guys make a huge difference. And Wood has looked good on D. And D-Lo was a huge part of the win. AD was 26/19/5 with a steal and 3 blocks despite getting poked and pushed and elbowed and I even think they gave him a Wet Willie at one point. And it WAS a btb.

Gabe Vincent hit a 3! And was that Reddish who took a 3 in the 2nd half that was not only an airball, but long and wide left by, like, a foot and a half? He's lost. Anyway...It's only Game 4.

And we're back to .500, baby!

9. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    It just seems like we are getting destroyed on the wings. Everyone is shooting lights out except us. We can bang play inside with anyone but almost everyone is killing us from outside. We have to shore up our perimeter defense. Vando would solve a fair amount of this but it is a drag we are so apparently stuck on him. Nobody else can do close to what he can do. If Rui and Max are really upset with Ham, that is the beginning of the end for him. I don't like this right now, we should be 3-1 right now but look more like the team that started last year. Nobody knows what to do. AR does look broken, I am asking myself if he is not getting the calls this year that he got routinely last year. Too much hype, the refs don't like him. Find myself wondering if Kerr built him up so that he would be taken down. ???? He ain't clickin', he is not drawing those fouls on his drives and he does not have the hops to get most of those drives without the foul. I am hoping he and the team figure him out and fix his holes.

Vandy!!! Come home Vandy!!! We neeeeeed you!! I think we bring him off the bench in quarters 1 through 3 and basically start him in the 4th. I know it all depends on if we can build a lead but somewhere along the way, we gotta stop some of these guys from dominating us from the 3 point line.

I also think Rui was much better playing next to AD and Lebron. I don't like the concept of using him to lead the second string as a main scoring option, just don't think he is going to be as good at doing that. Max not getting a single minute yet actually kind of pisses me off. The kid needs some reps, somewhere. And truth is, Lebron has not looked that good to me, seems like he has not really started to play reasonably well yet. Not even going to repeat what is apparent, we all can see the same old things he does that irritate us. He just does them more often early in the season. Blech.

It is a little disheartening that our expectations were so high and that they appear to have regressed. I was imagining that they would come out with their core from last season and work the new guys in slowly, but what I am seeing is that they are letting the new guys get to know each other at the expense of our win total and then they are going to let other guys work themselves into that. I think this is really bad for Rui and I don't like it.

Rant mode off!

FrontOfJersey22, TIME, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    glad to see we got a win, but unfortunately couldn't watch.

Based upon the odds before the game, it appeared we were much more favored to win. By many more points. You see GS winning by 20, and it just makes me feel like teams that are REALLY good just dispose of the teams they should with ease. Everything right now is a struggle, but maybe that will change.

Back to .500! Yay.....

11. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Important win, can't always be pretty. We're clearly not anywhere closer to the best version of this group, yet we got 2 wins and forced OT in Sac. That can only be positive considering we are not playing well. When we start doing so, we are blowing out playoff teams by that logic lol

+++:
    AD...AGAIN
    DLo finally getting his groove back
    Wood
    A lot of assists
    Interior defense (10 blks)

---:
    Reaves
    3pts continue not to go down
    Outrebounded again (12-3 in OREBS)

TIME and lakerjones like this.
  12. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Well, if we judge by the last year, anything can happen. I would just prefer not to play Bron 40 minutes.

Actually, scratch that. I prefer not to have him chuck dumass shots. Don't care about the minutes because he does nothing most of the game.

FrontOfJersey22 and TIME like this.
  13. PurpleAndGold88

14. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Lol I can’t believe we won this game.

Clippers regular season games against the Lakers are like their championship games since the regular season is all they have.

Kenzo, sirronstuff, alam1108 and 6 others like this.
  15. Slick2021

The last time we beat the Flippers..we won a chip. I'll take it

16. PurpleAndGold88

17. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Major, major props to Wood. He’s playing fine on offense but it’s not like he’s shooting the cover off the ball or dominating mismatches. But he’s doing everything else. Great rebounding, contesting shots at the rim, giving a lot of effort defensively. Everything people said he wouldn’t do. To think I actually wanted Bismarck Biyombo instead lol.

Kenzo, sirronstuff, alam1108 and 7 others like this.
  18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I mean, if this is the player we got... what a goddamn steal.

sirronstuff, alam1108, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  19. PurpleAndGold88

20. Slick2021

Wood can hoop..this is not a fluke..he's a good rotation player at the very least.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and Barnstable like this.