Free Throws

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by IE Lakers, Oct 30, 2019.

1. IE Lakers

IE Lakers - Lakers 6th Man -

Man, it’s so cool being able to finally watch a team who doesn’t treat FTs like throwaway points. The way this team has been shooting in the mid 70 and low 80%—a lot of our close wins this season will be because of the efficiency at the line. What a refreshing change.

Whatever it is (I know, mostly AD), keep it up.

JSM, raviator, sirronstuff and 7 others like this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

having a top option who's a good FT shooter is a foreign feeling. since kobe, we've been trotting out sub-70 ft shooters as primary scoring options. yuck.

3. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Last check...James was at the mid-80's. Last season he would clank one of two.

4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Stu pointed out that LeBron looks more comfortable there so far, said he’s taking his time more or something, I hope it keeps up. But yeah, as a team last season weren’t we close to dead last in %, if not actually last? It was awful, every player that stepped to the line except maybe KCP (if it wasn’t a close game), Kuz, mid-season Zubac, you felt like they’d make 1 of 2 or miss both. Everyone was in the 60-70’s, Lonzo was at %41! Super small sample size this year, but our 2 stars are in the 80’s (AD near 90), and I expect our other guys like Green, Bradley, and even KCP to improve and the other guys to be respectable when they start getting to the line as well. Bottom line, yeah, it’s great not to suck there, we literally cost ourselves games last season from the line.

5. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Last year we were terrible...this year we are respectable.

Good shooters usually tend to be good FT shooters too...

Last year LeBron was terrible and he goes to the line rather often, but there were plenty of bad shooters highlighted by Lonzos 40% which is comical for a PG even though he rarely shot any.

IE Lakers and Cookie like this.