Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by SR05, Oct 8, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think he's at worst a great flex play. At best he's an RB1 so probably he ends up as an RB2, but he's got just ridiculous upside in fantasy.

2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    12 Team PPR League (with points for return yardage)

QB: Eli Manning
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    WR: Jordy Nelson
    WR: Jeremy Maclin
    TE: Rob Gronkowski
    Flex: DeAngelo Williams
    Flex: Gary Barnidge
    D/ST: Arizona Cardinals
    K: Justin Tucker
    Bench: Tom Brady
    Bench: Ameer Abdullah
    Bench: Travis Benjamin
    Bench: Markus Wheaton
    Bench: Rishard Matthews
    Bench: Shane Vereen

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Nice!

I'm not a believer in Abdullah or Wheaton, but I like Benjamin and Vereen is great for PPR.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Didn't know where to put this and not worthy of a new thread. Actually maybe Darnold not "worthy" of being thought of as a "big baller". He declined to throw at the combine today and chose to stand on the sidelines and will wait for USC's Pro Day instead. Did not go unnoticed by some of the executives. Josh Allen from Wyoming with a canon for an arm turned some heads though and Rosen threw.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-allen-shows-off-decade-arm-nfl-scouting-combine-225410712.html

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  5. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Bumping this just to flex.

Been in a competitive league with my family for several years that I've been desperately trying to win for pride's sakes. This year I finally get the #1 pick which means Christian McCaffery ... who promptly gets hurt for pretty much the entire season. I start off 1-4 and not feeling good about my team, starting to get dejected.

Then I reel off W's for the next 10 weeks in a row to win the championship! Thank you Tom Brady (well, would've been nice if you didn't play SO well last Sunday that you got to rest the entire second half), Mike Evans, and Devante Adams! I also drafted Leonard Fournette pretty high which overall was a bust of a pick, but I never felt comfortable cutting him and so the way things transpired, he actually started for me in the playoffs and had some good games.

What's frustrating though, is that I almost pulled off even better in my work league! Started off 0-2, and then won the next 12 weeks in a row to make it to the championship but ended up losing. This was my first year in this league though, so I'll have my chance at redemption.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.