Dwight Howard Discussion: Sixer

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by thkthebest, May 11, 2016.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Though ..... Yahoo who loves to stir s*** up ..... included "team" in its bold headline.

[​IMG]
    Dwight Howard said Doc Rivers, 76ers were only team to reach out to him during free agency

Cookie likes this.
  2. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Rookie -

Family guy
    Considering how the last two free agency periods went and what amount he signed for, IMO it's relatively safe to assume Dwight would still be on the team if he were any kind of priority for the Lakers.

I'm sad to see him go, he was my last season's favorite redemption story by far and I will always remember him fondly after how he helped us win. Having said that, I trust in this FO, a LOT. I guess they wanted him to stay but other pieces were more important and he simply wasn't patient enough to wait for the official proposal.

Still a loss but one I can live with. Good luck on your jurney forward Dwight, and thank you for helping us get No. 17.

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff LB Facebook Editor

maybe they sensed that "good Dwight" was about to expire, and "regular Dwight" was returning.

Only time will tell.

4. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Considering that Dwight was nearly out of the league entirely a year ago, I can see why he prioritised signing with a squad asap. He should have backed himself that a good deal would be available for him.

Philly is not the worst team to go to, but their stars are still young, and he has to get through Giannis and or KD and or the Heat just to get to us.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  5. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Happy birthday Dwighty! Thanks for being a defensive force in the paint and for all the mad dunks and silly 3's en route to giving us #17. Enjoy that ring and good luck in Philly!