D'Angelo Russell Discussion: Opted In!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Would love for DLo to show up Brown. Love Brown the player but he's a f***ing annoying winner

2. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

DLO was big in the 1st quarter and had some nice passing in the 4th plus a big shot then too.

I'm firmly in the "don't trade DLO" camp.

Wino, SamsonMiodek and Helljumper like this.
  3. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Definitely noticed the chatter between these two. Not a monster game from DLO but he gave us enough and outplayed his nemesis.

4. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I said exactly that in GT... Brown got humbled.

D-Fish Man and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Favorite one was right after the quick 2 fouls Brown picked up, DLO signaled "that's 2" and told him to go to the bench.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Finally found the video of DLO informing Brown of his foul trouble

8. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

That's hilarious. Gotta love Dlo. He's a great cheerleader while also being a complete a-hole lol

So far I'm very happy with Dlo as our starting PG. He's exactly what we needed on offense. Excellent shooter, great passer, elite using PNR with Bron/AD, and incredibly crafty finishing near the basket. I also love that he doesn't complain when he doesn't finish games. He knows that he can be a liability on defense and he's been a total pro. Funny how we have come full circle with Dlo, who wasn't necessarily the best prospect (= Ingram), but he's matured and ended up becoming the best fit next to Bron/AD.

9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Better coverage

10. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Evolution of sports is to pay a subscription to hear these players talk while playing. I’m done with listening to play by play and color commentary. This needs to happen now. 90% of them blow and it’s only gonna get worse.

11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

That's kind of the only hold back to the next iteration of the VR viewing. They can put you Courtside but you're stuck listening to ESPN'S coverage.

The issue with that audio availability is endorsements and Mickey Mouse broadcast. Imagine seeing KG on Sesame Street and then a live mic on him in the post. Kids would have to pick their mouth off the floor.

I'd love to see it, but for corporate dollars and cents, I get why it's unlikely.

Cookie, OX1947, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    AI profanity filters lol

some of these guys you only hear beeps

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i thought russell's box score numbers were deceptive. he was very good in this game, imo. loved him going at brown, too. need to have that mentality against these mini bullies. he's not special. beat his a**.

14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

gm like this make me think even at 18m, hes overpaid

FrontOfJersey22 and Pioneer10 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

he had a bad one here. that one play on the fastbreak where the refs missed his double dribble was classic "dlo's head isn't in this one" stuff.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and JSM like this.
  16. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Seems like recently, he has a good game for every two bad ones.

Cookie, abeer3 and lakerjones like this.
  17. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I like Dlo. His leadership this year has been great and his assists have been up. Also he’s played better D. However the hot/cold thing is a real issue with him. One game on one off at best so far. He’s consistently inconsistent on offense. This is why I’m on the fence about trading him. I’m rooting for him but there’s a good reason he and Rui’s names keep popping up as trade fodder this season. If you can get one difference maker for them I can see moving them. Not sure who that is. The only guy I’ve been sold on in that department got picked up by the C Bags and that seemed to be a pretty savvy move for them. Obviously it wasn’t an option for us timing wise. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

18. Pioneer10

DLO/Prince/Rui/JHS gets you pretty close to Grant/Brogdon in terms of salary. That's a consolidation trade that makes sense for the Lakers

Flip 2 one way wings for a 2 way wing. Get a veteran PG, probably need to keep Gabe as insurance.

Cookie, NickthaQuick and abeer3 like this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i was thinking about that when THJ was going off on us last night--i feel like dlo's kind of like him. every third game you're like...WOW. then there's the other games. that still has value (and can win you playoff games), but it's obviously frustrating.

i think both players are paid appropriately, btw. they're upper tier rotation quality players that make you nervous if you have to depend on them. 15% of the salary cap sounds right.

i'm still not on your team here, but i'm not firmly on the other team, either.

i really don't see giant holes on the current roster other than health. and a bear-wrasslin' big.

20. Pioneer10

Definitely not a blockbuster deal that guarantees a title, particularly with Brogdon's health but Cam's and Max's emergence has me less worried about POE defense.
    Getting a consistent veteran PG to pair with Reaves would solidify the second unit and I'm intrigued about all wing lineup with Reaves as the 4th quarter go to (AD/Lebron/Grant/Cam/Reaves).

I'd love Caruso as well

Basically where I'm at as AD/lebron are good enough to be 1a/1b to match up against basically any other duo. Reaves gets you a big 3 in terms of playmaking - even Durant/Beal/Booker better than AD/Lebron/Reaves. If so not by much.

What is left is figuring out where to patch the weaknesses and matchups (NBA is really talented right now)
    OKC/GS/SAC/Den/Houston - I'm ok with Big 3 plus Cam plus Caruso. Caruso takes all those talented PG
    He helps with Minnesota against Conley but with LAC/Dallas/Phoenix it maybe more valuable to have a decent wing defender who can play offense as well.

I think I talked myself into targeting Caruso #1 and #2 Grant. Chi would probably want to dump Lavine to get Caruso and man that is tough one to swallow.

Cookie and lakerjones like this.