D'Angelo Russell Discussion: Opted In!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    he da MC (Max Christie)

LTLakerFan likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

"max" is christie.

the rook is "lewis" until he earns greater billing.

Cookie, Barnstable, pika1708 and 5 others like this.
  3. sirronstuff

I'm a last name guy. That's what is on the uniform. So I would go with Christie and Lewis. None of them are first name worthy. They aren't Kobe. They don't love them like that.

trodgers likes this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Wow DLO must feel like Russ Crowe in Gladiator in here. Tough crowd. Were you not entertained with that shooting from deep in the first half and the fact he does look stronger and a little quicker and is getting after it on D aggressively.

TIME, trodgers and abeer3 like this.
  5. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

He looks great so far. If this is the DLO we’re getting this season then we’re going to be really good this season

TIME, alam1108, JSM and 2 others like this.
  6. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

People do not seem to understand. I'd take this DAR even he doesn't play in the playoffs at all. The amount of pressure he relieves from Bron and AR is going to be immense.

7. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I was definitely entertained. This is going to be his best season if the health is there.

TIME and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

He's looked phenomenal out there. Flamethrower.

If this continues, is there a better 3rd-5th best in the league? AR, DLO, Rui... looks unstoppable offensively.

Barnstable, DeeZee, alam1108 and 4 others like this.
  9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Its preseason but I hope he’s quieted some haters after the Denver series collapse woth these two games. First game with no Lebron or Reaves he ran the offense so smoothly. Second game he focused more on scoring and had a crazy burst. To have that from your 4th best player is such a luxury

10. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

DLo has been playing well but looking at the team makeup with Vincent replacing hedgehog I think it's going to be tougher to trade him than I initially thought

Vincent is fine as a backup PG type but Shroeder was a guy who could win you games off the dribble. Vincent really is more of a roleplayer type in the Derrick Fisher mold so it limits who you can trade for. Really need another shot creator if you're going to move D Lo now so type of player you look at is going be more narrow. Not saying it's not going to happen but I don't think you can move him for a 3 and D type for example

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  11. Pioneer10

He's hitting his prime - he's still only 27 so this is typically when PG's put everything together and still haven't lost athelticism

lakerjones and TIME like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

Why the H are you worrying about **** like that now? How about enjoying the RIDE of this year “IF” DLO and Reaves can play like this together. Wood and Hayes are looking good and Castleton too for his development. Is there some huge hole we have here that requires can’t wait to trade DLO? You can’t just assume because of the one cold spell /choke or whatever against Denver, after the work he put in this summer and his motivation, that he’s going to suck in the playoffs. That offense and playmaking! He doesn’t have to close games.

Plus your post directly above. Yeah!

pika1708 and Toklat like this.
  13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    So why do you call him your "Bron Bron"? :LLLLLebronlaughing:

Cookie, sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

15. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

DLo really is a fantastic fit on offense next to LeBron, AD and Reaves. He's in a perfect situation to put up numbers in the regular season. I hope he figures out the playoff stuff because having a guy that can take off-the-dribble threes out of the P&R is super valuable.

16. Pioneer10

This is a weird post: I like D. Lo - he's a very fun guy to watch when he is on but he's a got issues that everyone in the league knows about - defense, playoff intensity, etc.

I think the Lakers clearly have structured his deal exactly like I thought they would. Look thru the contract posts from this thread. They clearly didn't trust him to give him a larger deal either in terms of money or length of contract. It's an open secret with every reporter from local writers (buha) to national (windhorst, lowe) commenting on the contract is made to be easy to bundle in a move.

Also it's not just one choke job against Denver, he was very inconsistent in both the 2 previous series and he didn't play well in the playoffs the year before with the Twolves. The Lakers management correctly hasn't just ignored this. This team has championship aspirations, if you just want to enjoy the ride and not really consider moves you have to make to win a title with the way D. Lo contracts is going to be in the rumor mill I suggest watching Houston this year. DLo was fun to watch and very effective in the regular season with the Lakers last year as well!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Juronimo and lakerjones like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

dlo made a few good high hoop iq defensive plays last night. just putting himself in the right place and using his hands effectively. he's never going to be an on-ball stopper, but if he can be part of a high-functioning team defense, that will be great.

TIME, LTLakerFan, JSM and 2 others like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

LOL I don't need to watch Houston when I have this team and Russell was not the only reason we barely got swept by Denver, considering LeBron was at about 60% and Ham blew game one with the stupid lineup. I'd rather think that the light's gone off in his head and the motivation of course this season to take his game to a higher level. 1st returns are in and looks terrific even more physical and invested in D. Plus like your post above he's in his absolute prime right now. With the chemistry he and Reaves have out there it's freakin' awesome and effective AND I personally doubt they will break all that up at the deadline for some marginal improvement somewhere on the roster, not superstar level player if it's all going well. That's what I'm seeing and rooting for. Enjoy your angst and assumptions. There was also the matter of trying to get OFF the repeater tax at some point soon as possible when it came to everyone's salaries.

19. sirronstuff

A few stars transcend the norms of the game and are known by one name - their first name:

Michael
    Kobe
    Magic
    Bron Bron

:Laugh:

TIME likes this.
  20. Pioneer10

Posting about D. Lo possibly being traded doesn't cause anyone angst - my goodness there is no glass half full with Lakers player in the way you post. Everyone going to be an All-Star!
    If you don't think JHS is going to be rookie of the year - did you not see that one pass, he's just like Reaves
    If you think Castleton is going to need some time in the G league - dude you're knocking the next Bill Walton.
    If you think D. Lo chances of being traded go down because the Lakers lost a very good PG in Shroeder, get the F out you mentioned trade!

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't want me to discuss a players future with a team - I actually enjoy talking about it otherwise no point in posting.