D'Angelo Russell Discussion: All Time Lakers Season 3 Point Shooter

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

He's untouchable

karacha likes this.
  2. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Money is problematic, so probably not. I like DLO, but having to sign him for 25 per... is not amazing

3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Talk about a roller coaster game from him. Thought he was bad in the first 3 Qs, but came up big with 11 in the 4th. Defensive effort picked up in 4th and OTs, too. Then in the 2nd OT he has 3 straight TOs. Then hits the big transition 3. Not done yet... bad pull up J, but secured the rebound to save his a**.

5. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I mean, if this is the DLO we’re going to get then yeah. Guy continues to step up and play like he wants to be a Laker. Love to see it.

6. ZenMaster

All we can ask is the effort. Good players than produce out of that effort. He is a good player. IDC about TOs.

7. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Dlo you are a heart attack. Two stupid TO's followed by a killer rushed non chalant 3 in the second OT

Anyways looks like he's finally getting enough pressure cooker games that he's not at least turning into a pumpkin. Get him and AR a backup guard man and this team can fly

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  8. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    That’s been the whole reason I’ve been open to trading him, the risk that he opts out and walks away for nothing.

But realistically, even with his great play… how much money is he really commanding on the open market? I don’t think he’s getting anything that crazy.

Even if he opts out, we have bird rights. A protected 2029 FRP and a pick swap, JHS, etc… that’s not nothing. Those may seem like marginal assets, but we could be looking back in a few years thinking about how unfortunate it is that we so casually gave those up for a longer term contract just because we were afraid DLo would walk in free agency.

9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Props to D'Angelo for standing up and displaying his talent since he got benched. It obviously worked and got his attention. That's some character being shown.

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

do not trade him. not even for murray (who would not be able to handle the pressure that comes with playing for the lakers)

wcsoldier81 and SirJunkyBen like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sorry 39 year old LeBron and 45 out of 47 gritty games from AD this year haven’t been perfect both sides of the ball every game for you.

:Crazyartest:

:Shaqdisappointed:

ZenMaster likes this.
  12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

this has been my point. nobody wanted him last summer. he's basically the same good-but-flawed player now. is a rebuilding team going to use a good chunk of space on him? i think his biggest market is as a third guard for contenders, but a) he doesn't want that role and b) they'll only have the mle to offer.

i just don't see san antonio, detroit, orlando, etc. offering him more money than we're comfortable paying, so i think moving him just to avoid that potential loss is silly. i think it's unlikely he just walks in FA without us facilitating via s&t. and i continue to be really annoyed (and actually quite dubious) that the story right now is we can't move him for an expiring. i think that's total bs (and flies in the face of the "he's going to command 25+ million on the open market", too). i believe atlanta doesn't want him, but not because he sucks but because they've already tried another ballhandling guard with young and it doesn't work, and they've got bogdanovic as the bench scorer at similar money. plenty of teams would take russell on his contract in trade, imo.

13. ZenMaster

Well, i guess we'll see.

14. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Those 3 straight TOs followed by a transition 3 pull-up all by himself to give us the lead is the most 'Dlo in a nutshell' you can ever see.
    He's absolutely crazy

I think he makes a lot of sense to Brooklyn

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

brooklyn should want to trade dinwiddie for russell, but what else are they giving me? because that's a downgrade.

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

If they trade DLO and someone asks pretty unfiltered AR how he feels about it look the hell out. He makes what DLO does on offense easier for him and so he doesn’t have to do that magic non stop every time up the floor minus a lot of athleticism …. and the same thing back DLO does for him. Pick your poison. Not one … not two … not three …. not four … not five …. not six …. not seven ….. but eight Big Balls to take big shots in the lineup at the same time when LeBron, AD, DLO and AR are on the floor together.

17. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Im out on any trade with the Nets. There’s really no realistic combo of players that there that interests. DFS is my nominee for this year’s annual overrated role player on another team.

Dinwiddie isn’t close to the shooter that DLo is and isn’t a natural floor general either. If anyone gets frustrated with no shows from DLo, I’ll direct you to Spencer.

The only openly discussed scenario that I’m interested in has been Murray and I’m slowly talking myself out of that with each passing game.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I like Nets as a 3rd team, not as sole trade partner. If you can extract DFS or to a lesser extent O'Neale while getting Murray, I'm down for that.

It's just a matter of the Nets getting realistic on the value of their assets.

That's a world where DFS replaces Prince and man, that's a beautiful place.

wallangong likes this.
  19. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah, I'm counting them as a 3rd team too. We could get Murray and another guy. DLo really doesn't have many suitors in the league. It could help facilitate the Murray deal.
    Maybe DLo's resurgence helps a team or 2 be more willing to get on that 3-team deal

20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I thought he was doing his shrinking in big games routine until the 4th rolled around. Proud of him for finding that turn as the lights got even brighter.