D'Angelo Russell Discussion: Adopting A Professional Attitude

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Panko

Panko - Rookie -

icwudt :giggle:

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    :Laugh:

sometimes I make a funny unintentionally

:Kobe Shrug:

Panko and ADKOBE like this.
  3. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

^Those are the best kind. Unplanned hilarity!

4. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    to answer the (kinda) off topic question-

JA the ball player is explosive, damn near unstoppable and must see tv. Having his skill on the team would be a no brainer even with his propensity to risk injury with his above the rim game.

That being said, we wouldn't just be getting the ball player. So with that said...

JA would be coming to California the land of bloods and crips, gangs of every race/culture, the prove-yaself place of showing off and bravado. Where there are the societal elites as well as the deep down in the gutter folks. The leeches and hanger-ons are everywhere in the city of Angels. He has shown he is susceptible to a dangerous level of stupidity and false bravado while in fricken Memphis. I can only imagine what would happen in the dark corners of LA. Maybe team veterans can keep him in check but making the same mistake so soon after the first really makes it difficult to believe he learned or is capable of learning from his errors. SO I would say no to JA.

That being said, this is a biz and JA is explosive, electric and, as I said earlier, "must see tv. The Lakers org would absolutely jump on the chance especially if they can buy low to get him. Laker fans haven't had someone that explosive since a young Kobe. He would rack up even more money, endorsements and the likes. Lakers org would love that.

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Lakers 6th Man -

I think due to age and upside, Ja is still more valuable than Kyrie around the league.

However I'm just curious who's baggage is heavier mentally? Ja or Kyrie? Tough call lol.

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    both have missed time due to injury

Kyrie has the better shot

Ja has the youth

At least Kyrie isn't blind and part of the "round earther" club, those weirdos

:Fishwink:

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Yeah but Memphis is a total gang infested thug town. Ja is just mirroring what is all around him.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  8. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Kyrie is a knucklehead who said the world is flat. Ja is a thug wanna be who threatens teenagers with a gun and points weapons at the opposition. If you HAD to take one of these two, Kyrie is the better risk. He is older, no doubt, he is a knucklehead, no doubt, but he is not threatening violence against anyone.

9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Ja Morant could face 'significant' suspension to start 2023-24 NBA season over latest controversy, per report
    By Jasmyn Wimbish

4 hrs ago•2 min read

The Memphis Grizzlies could start next season without their best player for a period of time. After an Instagram Live video circulated online that showed Grizzlies superstar Ja Morantholding what appeared to be a gun in a car, the All-Star guard was suspended by Memphis from all team activities. But that's not the only suspension Morant could be facing. The franchise centerpiece could be facing a "significant suspension" from the league, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

"I think Ja Morant is facing a lengthy, a significant suspension to start next season, if indeed that was a firearm in his hand in that video," Wojnarowski said on ESPN's Get Up. "There's going to be some pressure even from other teams around the NBA that this isn't just harmful to the Memphis Grizzlies, but this is harmful on a league level. I don't think Adam Silver is going to take this one lightly."

The video in question was from an Instagram Live on Saturday, and it shows Morant in a car with friends and for a brief second as the camera pans to him it appears that he is holding a gun. After the video made the rounds on social media, the Grizzlies suspended their star guard. The league then announced it was launching an investigation into the situation.

This is the latest in what's been a string of questionable incidents involving Morant. Just two months ago he was suspended for eight games by the league for posting a video of him holding a gun at Colorado night club. Prior to that, an investigative article by The Washington Postdiscovered that he was involved in two incidents dating back to last summer in which he was accused of threatening the head of security at a Memphis mall, and punching a 17-year-old boy during a pickup basketball game at his home.

After the string of incidents and upon his return from the suspension, Morant took responsibility for his actions. "Obviously, I've made mistakes in the past that cause a lot of negative attention -- not only to me, but my family as well, my team, the organization -- and I'm completely sorry for that," Morant said. "So my job now is, like I said, to be more responsible, more smarter, and don't cause any of that no more."

However, just two months after that suspension the Grizzlies superstar is again involved in a negative incident, and not only that but a similar situation to what got him suspended in the first place. The league will surely use his recent history in their determination of his suspension, and if it's for a significant period of time, it will surely have an impact on the Grizzlies to start next season.

10. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

“if indeed that was a firearm in his hand in that video," Wojnarowski said onESPN's Get Up.

LOLOL …. Ja losing his THUG cred, “Nah hell no man …. that was just a plastic replica”.

11. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

We could all see the firearm, if it was, indeed, the firearm.

12. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah good luck explaining to Silver how it looked exactly like the one in the club video that he “didn’t take” on that flight with him. :clap: :rofl:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  13. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Now it's common sense against business reasons. Morant has no vets to keep him in check. Here, he'd have James as long as he is around and Davis too.

I like Russell and would prefer to keep him instead.

14. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

LOL are ppl really talking about having Morant come to the Lakers?

HARD PASS. no thanks. Stay the hell away from our team.

D-Fish Man, Wino, alam1108 and 5 others like this.
  15. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Ja Morant is NOT going to age well with his style of play.

Character issues aside....

16. ADKOBE

ADKOBE - Lakers 6th Man -

Caruso or D LO ?

17. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    My problem is that the newer generation are often not following the vets until either its necessary or they were always that type. We know business sense didn't work because he was suspended, lost money and endorsements (or maybe suspended endorsements im not 100%) and the ridicule that came with it. He even made getting better a part of nearly all his answers after they lost. I thought he understood the biz with that but looks like I was wrong.

As far as vets being there for him, he has to want that and want to fall in line. All I have to do is think about Henry Ruggs on the Raiders who just got sentenced in a highspeed driving crash that killed someone. People can call the Raiders org dysfunctional all they want but they have/had some high quality guys who stayed on guys. Stuff happens but it comes down willingness to do the right thing and to listen to those who have learned already. Not sure JA is ready to listen

18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Ja's gonna be an incarcerated vesion of Derrick Rose in no time. No thank you.

19. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

What’s the context of the question?

20. ADKOBE

ADKOBE - Lakers 6th Man -

Rest of playoff run