D'Angelo Russell Discussion: Adopting A Professional Attitude

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

He looked better last night than the night before, but playing against Chris really shows you how far this young man has to go. Chris shouldn't be able to handle D'Angelo. He's smaller, less athletic, with a shorter reach. D'Angelo should be able to punish him in the post but he couldn't take advantage of the match-up. Hopefully that'll come in time.

I'm glad the shooting came around. He struggled mightily entering the year. That should be something he can lean on for his entire career.

sirronstuff and lakerjones like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    [​IMG]

Just an immature baby
    With star potential maybe

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

4. sirronstuff

[​IMG] :KobePoint::Kobefistbump:[​IMG] :Laugh::Kobeheadbob:

TIME, alam1108, Kenzo and 5 others like this.
  5. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

And I hate that. If it's his last game that's one thing, but the other three D-LO needs to keep trying to assert himself and find his shot.

sirronstuff and Juronimo like this.
  6. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    This season has been an absolute nightmare.

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Part of me would absolutely resent it.

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

10. Lakers2015

That's not the point. The point is these kids are catering to a 37 year old on his way out. Why? That doesn't mean Kobe can't get any shots, but he shouldn't be leading the team in field goal attempts. Just because he's in his last three or four games doesn't give him the right to chuck every time he gets the ball.

11. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Look the whole season has been f***** by Boron since day one. Now we're down to final few last games for a freaking legend. IMO greatest talented Laker ever. He's earned this. I kinda think and others too that Russell at this point is not running through walls for the coaching staff and is just trying to play well. Randle's fine and Nance and Clarkson. Anybody else will they even be here? And as long as Russell is chucking lazy passes (when it happens, too often, that's on him) I don't think this "catering to a first ballot Hall of Fame Kobe Bryant" especially now at the end of it all ....is setting his basketball career back any. He's got something to tell the grandkids is more like it, plus he continues to pick the Mamba's brain. If Kobe continues to like him it won't be the end of it either with the personal tutoring and advice. If it was costing this squad a shot at respectability, LOLOLOLOL, then yeah it would be different. Last few games of Kobe Bryant's career. He's earned it. He's playing in pain to finish the season.

abeer3 and alam1108 like this.
  12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

To me the season was over 4-5 games ago. And apparently D'Angelo has mentally checked out. He's lost confidence or maybe confused from all the hoopla... whatever. He's not going to put it back together in these last 3 games. So I'll just sit back and enjoy the Kobe show.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Agreed. Russell has just not looked like himself for the past month really. He had one hot streak of 10-12 games in a row or whatever it was...and then that came to a screeching halt and then the rat'angelo fiasco happened. I think this season couldn't end faster for D-Lo. Hopefully he'll have something to look forward to next year with Byron gone, new players, and potentially his HS running mate Ben Simmons on the roster. He does need to work on a lot of things this summer. And I think he will.

14. LaVarBallsDad

Sure, enjoy him all you want, and you have every right, too. I have every right to boycott the last few games because I've had the KFT shoved down my throat ever since Kobe announced his retirement. I'll watch the last game of Kobe's career, but the Kobe that I knew and loved left us after his Achilles. He's never been the same; he suffered the knee injury after that, then the shoulder injury the following year; in a way, the last three years have prepared me for the very moment he is retired.

15. sirronstuff

Highlights I'd rather watch
    Than see the sideline biotch

Kenzo, LaVarBallsDad and abeer3 like this.
  16. Lakers2015

I don't see what you're getting so bent out of shape for. This season shouldn't be all about Kobe. Yeah it's fine that people appreciate him. I'll always appreciate him, but his time is over. It has been for three years now. Dedicating an entire season to an over the hill Kobe has got to be one of the stupidest decisions ever made by a front office. Just blatantly ignoring the development of our young guys. D'Angelo is struggling of course, but that's okay. These struggles will help him in the long. What won't and hasn't is giving Kobe the ball every time. I mean fans were ever booing when he didn't get the ball like seriously? Hasn't he chucked up enough shots already? This whole retirement tour has been an absolute joke. It's fine and dandy that the man is celebrated he should be, but to put him above two far more important things which is development and winning is just inexcusable. I've had enough of it. Kobe is a legend and he's always be my favorite player, but I'm just sick of watching this BS. The retirement tour, Byron, the front office, it's all just taken a toll. Yes Russell making lazy passes is on him, but what about all the times he's open and Kobe just jacks up shot? What about instead of running offense we just give it Kobe and everyone stands around. That's catering to me.

Juronimo likes this.
  17. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

I wouldn't doubt that Byron Scott took Russell's phone and was the one who posted that video. That's to make the kid humble.

sirronstuff likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

:Laugh:

19. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Whoa. I'm not upset but sounds like you are. Start of the season was with Kobe out of his mind for some reason and chucking like no other. Maybe trying to shoot his way out of it. Hadn't declared he was playing his last season yet. I was freaking livid at Kobe like everyone else here and Byron didn't reign him in, along with his having not figured out rotations yet and having whack rotations. But at a certain point Kobe began playing more normally and pretty much within reason. These last couple of months have been the same. Scott is responsible for never getting it off right and then being worse than ineffective all season long. He was actually a destructive force on top of being a crappy coach. Worst season ever in the books.

Fast forward to now with just a few games left, the season long ago down the crapper. Kids are not shooting well either. What is the harm at this point with Kobe down down to his last few games and that is all I am referring to, not the whole season. For all the times he went out there and kept playing, leaving it all on the floor, with the badly sprained ankles, broken fingers, shoulders, two crucial free throws after rupturing his achilles tendon, everything that routinely sidelines pretty much everyone else in the game. He did that for 20 years. If he's going to go out shooting too much these last several games in his career, he's earned it.

tada and TIME like this.
  20. LaVarBallsDad

We gave him $50 million dollars for the last 2 years combined. That should cover it.

ElginTheGreat likes this.