D'Angelo Russell Discussion: Adopting A Professional Attitude

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

But...then how can he say stuff like Dlo probably won't "get it" until the end of NEXT season? If he truly believes what he said in pound4pound's post, then he's an idiot and he's cutting the legs out from underneath himself.

ElginTheGreat and LTLakerFan like this.
  2. EJones06

EJones06 - Rookie -

For all the criticism he's received this year (fair or not), D'Angelo has a golden opportunity tomorrow night to stick it to his critics. All eyes will be on the game because of the Warriors chance at history, & the kid will be going head to head with the reigning MVP and best PG in the league. If he draws any sort of blood against Steph and leaves a big mark on the game, it will leave a lot of hope and optimism for Lakers fans. Let's hope he rises to the occasion. Time to get fired up guys!

Barnstable, LTLakerFan, OmarE and 2 others like this.
  3. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Well. I think tomorrow is going to be a blood bath and Curry and Thompson are going to go off. I also think Green is going to want a bit of payback for Randle's preseason talk.

I'd love to see Russell prove me wrong though.

4. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Yep. They're going to get ran off the court.

5. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

This guy will explode once we get a coach with some sort of offensive knowledge ... I see it coming.

6. Ryanwestlombardi

Ryanwestlombardi - Rookie -

Retired
    This kid is going to be a good player, how good I'm not sure yet.It takes PGs a few years to get it down unlike post players or even wings. As this season progresses the talk about this #2 pick is going to be a hot topic. I saw Okafor dominating Townes tonight, Porzingis is looking like a top flight player, the media is going to crucify Kupchak and Buss ...this year.

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Porzingis will win ROY, he is personable and in the biggest media market in the World. Plus he is also performing well. Good combo for the award.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  8. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

Damn okafor 25 and 12
    Towns a measly 6 points..... But the twolves did win

9. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

I don't think anyone but the most shallow fans/journalists are calling DAR a bust at this point. Most people in the media acknowledge that our FO is behind the times, Byron is inept, and meshing well with Kobe (even in ideal circumstances) would a be a big task.

All other rookies mentioned have the green light at their respective positions, DAR probably has the shortest leash. There's no way he's gonna get the green light between Lou, Kobe and Clarkson.

If anything, I hope he's learning a lot in practice

I know a member around here likes to compare him to Andre Miller... I'll take that. Andre Miller with a jumpshot sounds like a hell of a player, especially with this era's guard-oriented rules.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves with DAR going at Steph freakin' Curry. He and the Warriors are playing a different game right now, they are on another level

10. ElginTheGreat

There is no way we can contain Steph. Only thing that will keep him from 40 points when he gets to sit early due to the huge lead.

Chillbongo likes this.
  11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

NBA.2K16?

[​IMG]

EJones06 likes this.
  12. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

It doesn't help that Russell isn't out there playing with anyone who can drill threes consistently. Kinda hard to rack up assists when your teammates stink. He should really just focus on feeding Randle and Hibbert at this points since nobody else is dependable.

trodgers and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  13. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    He should ignore Kobe and pass it inside to Roy, he'll rack more assists that way

D-Fish Man likes this.
  14. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

I think Russell has the length to give Steph some issues. He's not gonna body him up or anything, but if he stays disciplined and doesn't try to shoot the gap on those screens I think he can hold up pretty well. No he won't stop him, but I don't see Curry dropping 40 on him either.

15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

C'mon now. Nobody is stopping Curry right now, he's making ridiculous shots off of ridiculous dribbles/handles. He's like some mixture of being on fire in NBA Jam and having handles from NBA Street out there. I certainly don't expext a rookie to give him any trouble, or even contain him. I know you really see something special in Russ, I see it too, but he's a rook, and he's going to learn in professor Curry's class tomorrow. Curry might not drop 40 on him, but he can easily drop 40-50 on us as a team.

16. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

If Curry played 40 minutes, he would drop 50+ on Russell. He is in superhuman mode right now.

Chillbongo and ElginTheGreat like this.
  17. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

When did I say Russell would stop him? I NEVER said that. I said he has the length and size to cause him some issues. I don't see what's the big deal about that. Curry is a great player, but he's not gonna keep up this ridiculous pace all season because nobody has ever done it. It's early in the season and and at some point he's gonna come back to earth a little bit because right now he's on another stratosphere. I think we'll give him a different look with Clarkson as well and see if he can use his athleticism to his advantage and also attacking him on the other end.

18. ElginTheGreat

That wasn't a shot at Russell. He is a better defender at this stage than I thought he would be.

But, Steph is playing on another level right now and I don't see us as the team that will stop that. Pretty much every backcourt has played well against us and I don't see that ending now. The Warriors are on a mission and legitimately feel like people didn't give their championship run enough respect (good job Doc Rivers). Steph is playing with a chip on his shoulder. That entire team is playing with something to prove.

On the other end, our defense is one of the worst in the league. We have what may be the worst coaching staff in the league. I just don't see this game going well. But, I would love to be wrong and we find a way to pull off the upset or at least slow them down. That would be great and give everyone some much needed hope around here.

therealdeal and Weezy like this.
  19. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    I'd foul him hard and regularly. In the playoffs. In a regular season game, whatever.

ElginTheGreat and therealdeal like this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

with how Russell navigates screens, curry could score at will. the warriors' main problem tonight is choosing which mismatch to exploit, I think.

ElginTheGreat and therealdeal like this.