Coronavirus - What Are The Implications?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by BangBoomPow, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

[​IMG]

revgen likes this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

might want to read the tweet again

points out how so many more GOP congress members have tested positive due to their carelessness

3. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Lol, I read the tweet. You may wanna read my comment again. ;)

“The virus knows no party, except when individuals typically from one particular party flout and mock health precautions.”

So does this guy know all 28 Republicans and knows all of them mocked health precautions and does he know that all 9 Democrats followed all the precautions? Gimme a break. They all got COVID. I think it’s a circus to keep saying only the Republicans are getting COVID under the narrative that they are careless and the Democrats are cautious and yet people from both sides are getting it.

I don’t think you can correlate the cautiousness or lack thereof to getting COVID or not.

4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

so it's just a coincidence that more GOP members of congress have become sick with it, given the party's attitude towards the virus/pandemic?

i mean, look at who has tested positive on the GOP side and then look at the things they've said/done in regards to the virus. some of them attended that barrett confirmation super spreader event at the WH. that's being careless

5. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

LINK
    https://archive.is/8cGql

Would you like a Chinese vaccine to go with that Chinese virus?

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    revgen likes this.
  7. sirronstuff

Really hard to justify further lockdowns. Demonstrations are happening all over the world, not just here.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJbBhtoW/

everyone is fed up

8. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Yeah, and yet there were people there who didn’t get COVID. There was a Republican senator who had a mask on and still got it if I remember correctly.

This narrative would have more oomph if there were no Democrats who got COVID and if the virus was selective. It’s a ridiculous narrative to keep pushing. If we go by that narrative than the 16M cases and almost 300k people that have died from COVID were Republicans or Trump supporters.

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

well that's exactly it, the virus isn't selective. and someone wearing a mask at a super-spreader event like that only lowers their risk by so much

but it's going to affect more those who ignore precautionary measures, which is why more GOP congresspeople have become sick with it. just like how more people who continue to attend large gatherings/parties get sick compared to those who take precaution and stay home more often

Lakeshow85 and Helljumper like this.
  10. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Not sure what you mean by “if the virus was selective”. Of course it can affect anyone and has no relation to party affiliation, of course it can potentially spread to someone even if they are wearing masks and following guidelines. Nobody is saying that only Republicans or Trump supporters get Covid. Nobody is saying that all Republicans/Trump supporters disobey health guidelines.

But come on man, Republicans clearly tend to be more loose with distancing/mask guidelines with many openly defying them, and proportionately this has led to many more Republicans in public office coming down with Covid than Democrats. If 28 Republicans vs 9 Democrats isn’t enough for you to see this, what exactly are you looking for? It would really have to be 0 Democrats with COVID for you to believe that the Republican trend to gather without masks is dangerous?

“I don’t think you can correlate the cautiousness or lack thereof to getting COVID or not.”

Well yes... you absolutely can draw that correlation. That’s the whole takeaway. If you don’t wear masks and have large gatherings, you are more likely to get Covid. That’s a medical fact, not a partisan argument.

Punk-101 and 432J like this.
  11. sirronstuff

12. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

I think we're on the same page here. I'm saying the virus is NOT selective so the randomness of it is a factor.

So then what does it matter if some politicians get it or not? Optics?
    :Magicwow4::Rondonod:

I think you want me to see what you want me to see. :wasntme: I gave the observation about the narrative, I couldn't careless about the numbers. I'd be saying the same thing if it was switched and it was the Democrats getting the heat.

13. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    There is an element of randomness, but trends that play out within that randomness have meaning.

Why does it matter? If one party is more prominently ignoring health guidelines, and that results in that party having more Covid cases as direct evidence of why that is problematic, that should factor into our thought process when evaluating our government’s policy making. It should also hopefully reaffirm why we individually should be diligent in following health guidelines.

It doesn’t mean “See, Republicans don’t know how to handle the pandemic”, but it is a data point. It’s up to you on how much that data point weighs in your evaluation, but to just dismiss it as being an outlandish media narrative is honestly just strange to me.

Republicans don’t take the virus as seriously. More prominent Republican figures have come down with Covid. There is likely a correlation between the two. Is this really debatable?

432J likes this.
  14. sirronstuff

What’s debatable is if it even matters. I think the data is showing that most people will be exposed to Covid, and the vast majority will not show symptoms. If they do have symptoms, they will be minor.

so if the Republicans figured all of this out a little sooner, and chose not to live in fear and be over anal on masks, kudos to them for not being played as fools. Everyone will be exposed to COVID. It’s not if, but when. The goal of masks is to slow the spread so the medical infrastructure can handle the cases.

those who are more susceptible should be more careful, but shutting down entire countries will prove to be silly when the history is written. But we don’t know what we don’t know, so people do their best until more information becomes widely available and accepted.

there is a growing population that believes there are ulterior motives going on - on a much bigger scale, and it wouldn’t surprise me that some of it could turn out to be true.

revgen and BangBoomPow like this.
  15. sirronstuff

16. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/pfi...yet-saying-he-doesnt-want-to-cut-in-line.html

Hmmm....

17. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

He's too busy counting up his $ from the CEO bonus that he will get this year to take a vaccine... C'mon man, leave him alone.

In other news, DeBlasio wants to lock the city down again after Christmas. This guy is an absolute joke. These businesses can't survive another lockdown. Rumors are Andrew Yang will run for Mayor of NYC. I hope so... this city is getting destroyed right now by incompetent leadership.

John3:16 and revgen like this.
  18. sirronstuff

19. sirronstuff

This says 15 min after taking the vaccine. I can’t verify if true, but if it is, please don’t rush to take it.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJgCK5UC/

***Follow up***

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wash.../17/nurse-faints-after-getting-covid-vaccine/

“It just hit me all of a sudden, I could feel it coming on. I felt a little disoriented but I feel fine now, and the pain in my arm is gone,” Ms. Dover said.

She soon recovered and spoke again with WTVC, saying she has a condition where she often faints when she feels pain.

“It’s common for me” she said.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

So what's the point of all these politicians and public figures getting the vaccine on camera in front of everyone? I'm NOT anti-vaccine, but this seems silly. No one knows what's in that vial. They could be injecting pure heroin into their arms for all we know. Such a stupid demonstration. It is absolutely pointless.