Coronavirus - What Are The Implications?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by BangBoomPow, Feb 28, 2020.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Link? That appeared to be a CDC report. Where did you get your info?
    There’s a reason I asked if it was true

3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

[​IMG]

tada and Weezy like this.
  4. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

It makes sense that people with covid die of pneumonia and heart attacks. pneumonia is a complication caused by viral respiratory infections such as covid. And, respiratory distress causes the heart to work much harder, leading to cardiac arrest in some. Regardless, covid is the source. It's like saying "he didn't die from a gunshot, he died from blood loss."

tada, Weezy, ZenMaster and 1 other person like this.
  5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

there's plenty of links you'll find through a google search that'll show it's false. i'm not going to link all of them

here's one
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

6. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

[​IMG]

Let's stop the fear mongering. The massive majority of deaths involve people who are much older and already have a compromised immune system. If you're older and immune-compromised, stay home and only leave for necessities. If you clearly aren't able to do so safely, I'm sure you can call your neighbor or a friend to get some groceries for you. If you live with someone who is old and immune-compromised, do your due diligence.

The statistics prove that the overwhelming majority of young people will not be affected by COVID. For the country to shut down for as long as it did and for NEW shutdowns to be planned is just wrong and doesn't solve the issue at hand.

2.8 million people died in 2018. COVID-related deaths are under 10% of the total deaths of 2018. That means over 90% of deaths in America will not be directly caused by COVID. But think about the amount of damage COVID restrictions are causing to families, businesses, industries, and the livelihood of not only this country but the entire world.

There has to be a better way to do this. We know COVID mainly affects the older population and people who have their immune system compromised but yet, the RESTRICTIONS include everyone. Roll out programs where people over the age of 50 or are susceptible to COVID who are unemployed will get paid so they don't have to seek a job that is 'essential' and risk their health. They can also receive food deliveries to their home for no charge. You have to make sure that those who are mainly affected are protected. If you're young and healthy, the odds COVID will kill you is incredibly rare. You can safely go out and do whatever it is you need to do but just wear a mask and still be safe out there so you are minimizing COVID to the highest extent possible.

Everyone knows COVID can be deadly but it isn't true across all age demographics. It's now become politicized to the point where facts and statistics are ignored because the government has no clue how to do their job.

sirronstuff and John3:16 like this.
  7. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

you're right. if you're young and healthy, there is a good chance you'll recover from covid after a week or two with no long-term effects

the problem is how many people will require hospitalization as a result of being infected. sure, someone who becomes infected won't die from it, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't require a hospital stay. and that includes young people as well. the entire point of the stay at home orders is to keep our hospitals from becoming overwhelmed, which is something we've already seen happen across the country. unfortunately, people aren't willing to do their part to limit the spread of the virus, so as a result we get more restrictions. it sucks because no one wants to live this way, but we can blame society for failing to do their part

ZenMaster, tada, Weezy and 2 others like this.
  8. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Circling back to the conspiracies about the vaccine, how do Trump supporters wrestle with the fact that Trump has tried to take credit for the vaccines through his Operation Warpspeed program? Is Trump part of the deep state and contributing to the spread of a dangerous vaccine that will control the people, and if so, why do you support him?

I know not all Trump supporters buy into the vaccine conspiracies, but I feel like there is a good amount of overlap in that Venn diagram.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  9. sirronstuff

I'm not a fan of putting anything in my body that doesn't need to go there. In this case, I definitely won't be signing up for this vaccine. Already had COVID, and it serves no purpose. To act like there isn't a danger to vaccines to a percentage of the population is just false, so I sympathize with those who decline to be "forcefully vaccinated'.

Trump's administration is probably partially responsible for removing the shackles on the processes to get a vaccine done, but I'm not convinced it's a good thing. Time will tell. But if it helps the country open up sooner, that great.

If there is a nefarious side to the vaccine, it will be uncovered, and there will be enough people who refuse it that if there is a price to pay, those that need to pay it will pay it. I have no doubt there are some twisted minds in this world as shown by that Bill Gates clip. He was suggesting we launch a virus in the middle east to help them tone down their religious zealots. I'm sure that idea makes sense to some, but that has some pretty scare precedents that would be set on what was acceptable.

Trying to tie all of this together of "How could you support Trump?!!!" with for him pushing for a vaccine solution, to all of the other stuff is pretty laughable. You really do think the right leaning people are as big of a group of sheep as the left, but we're not. One can support one thing and not another. Not all liberals support abortion right?

By the way, I'm Independent, so I call them all out. Politics is a dirty and ugly game, and I'm glad it's not my career. Nobody wins.

:Brows:

10. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    You’re right, it was a weak move on my part to vaguely address that question to Trump supporters in general when obviously I was directing that to you.

:Brows:

Still don’t see how you reconcile all the nefarious things you think about the vaccine with your support of Trump who is clearly endorsing the vaccines (kudos to him on that front). The “one can support one thing and not another” doesn’t work here IMO. You support his policies enough to overlook the fact that he is complicit in what you believe to possibly be the distribution of a mind control chip or genetic modifier?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Lakeshow85 likes this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure you can get COVID at least a 2nd time...

12. sirronstuff

In one of the NFL locker rooms recently found four strains coronavirus.

So I doubt a vaccine will work against all of them, and if I recovered from one of them, I’m more likely to take my chances over take something that is unproven. i’ll let other people be the guinea pigs thank you very much.

13. sirronstuff

14. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I read you can, but it seems to be exceedingly rare. There have only been a few confirmed cases of someone getting it twice. The only number I can find where someone tracked it was in a Washington Post article that had 24 reinfections as of Oct 16. I'd still get the vaccine though. Other Coronaviruses through history only provide a year or so of immunity. This vaccine will become a yearly one like the flu.

15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

You can. My cousin got it twice (he's a policeman) and some doctor here got it for the 2nd time as well.

16. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I'm posting this again here because I think these are really special masks and want to correct what I said below about the filter material sown into them only protecting the front for nose and mouth. I just received my new one after misplacing the old one and this hi tech filter material covers the entire surface of the mask up to its edges. When I go out to the market or around people sure I want to "protect them from anything I might have". But more importantly I want to protect ME. In that same mindset as sharing here I emailed to the Lakers about them too this morning on their Contact Us link, suggesting for their players and staff and their families ...... as opposed to some of the loosely fitting and crappy looking stuff they are currently wearing. Said maybe they could even supply graphics to this company and have Lakers versions done up.

19. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

This is something I never got. I’ve talked to a lot of Trump supporters who are also anti-vaxxers and I tell them that “Trump is pushing the vaccine, you’re okay with that?” They give me all type of words and reasons why it’s different, but never that they’re not okay with it.

I don’t particularly like vaccines for personal reasons, but would never tell anyone not to take them, but I just find it interesting that a lot of things Trump supporters are against, Trump does or is okay with. Vaccines is just another example of that.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

So did those 9 Democrats mock health precautions as well? This is all a circus.

[​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.