Colin Castleton Discussion: Block Party

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by KareemtheGreat33, Jun 23, 2023.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

3. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

The level of competition changes at this level and performance is crazy. You watch Euro Ball and a guy like Omri Casspi looks like Kevin Durant while in the NBA barely saw minutes. Then you have a Scotty Pippen Jr who after watching him against NBA level competition, I don't think has a good shot of even making the roster and he's a star in the G league.

Good for Colin though, you have to be dominant down there to think you got a shot (i.e. it's the floor) and he was the second best player for the lakers in the summer league after Christie

lakerjones, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i'm curious to see how JHS looks down there once gabe gets back. it's a totally different game, but if you can't perform there, it's pretty much over.

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Recipe for further disaster in minds here if he can’t outplay Pip Jr who’s of course been around awhile now and being a rook and coming off a month or whatever’s inactivity. :eek:

abeer3 likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

jhs needs some time, but he needs to start showing something down there this year for me to feel reassured. and i feel like i'm among the more patient fans here.

of course pippen is killing it down there. but his limitations are physical. jhs has the physical tools; just needs to get used to the speed of the game, imo. he said it himself even in summer league--he just doesn't yet know how to play the nba game. the g league is a lot closer than summer or college, just in terms of the speed and style. still obviously not at all the same thing.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3, Weezy and lakerjones like this.
  8. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Might be ready to show something next season.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

legit want to see him get some of the hayes and wood minutes in the coming weeks, just to see the state of things.

10. CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie - Rookie -

With Woods in the dog house (?) is Castleton expected to re-join the team or stay with the G-League team for now?
    I'm hoping to see him play in Austin tomorrow.

11. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

Colin is just another example of Ham not realizing the talent he has. We need a big that can rebound, work well with AD, and can help keep the offense moving with solid screens, good passing with basketball IQ. Hmmm... who can we trade for?? Colin will need some minutes, which he should have been getting all along to get comfortable. The usual suspects will be ragging on him if he can't be a star from day one. Not NBA material, too weak, can't shoot, too slow, same old boring rhetoric. You know who you are and so does everyone else...lol. Coaches need to know what they have and start prepping for the playoffs from the first day of training camp. Another Ham failure.

12. LTLakerFan

With HAM being the coach? Sorry for your and my and another several peeps by now's "hopes" on that. See @Toklat 's post above.

13. Slick2021

Lol..it's the f***ing G league folks! Who were the last two G League MVPS? Where are they now?

14. LTLakerFan

If YOU can't look at Castleton's size, solid base, the solid screens he sets, his decent to good handles for a big man, leaping ability at the rim to protect it, and the fact he's a good passer .... and "realize" that he could be BETTER by now certainly to be able to contribute off the bench against bigger centers that Wood and Hayes are too light to do .... later in this season with some minutes NOW ..... I don't believe you. And LOL back at you Buddy.

15. Slick2021

It's the damn G League..Max looked like a budding Superstar in the G League LT.

You sidestepped my question about the last two G League MVPs I see. I don't think many NBA fans know either.

16. LTLakerFan

He's played some minutes on the varsity in garbage time, and has the SIZE and some skills to look like he could be effective in certain situations to help. He's a smart player, and if not overmatched in what he's asked to do .... he's not going to lose the team games with stupidity, in only limited minutes out there. We're dying for some effective size when AD sits. The screens he sets are really good. He's 25 years old from having stayed in school, not some skinny rookie. He could help eat some minutes but Darvin yanks him out immediately unless it's garbage time. He needs some minutes that would have him maybe able to help. What if AD goes down?? Twigs Wood and Hayes are it to play against 250-280 centers on some of the teams because Ham won't get him the experience at all.

17. Slick2021

SMH. Ok man...I see that you like this kid for some reason. This kid should be at the bottom of the priority list IMO, but to each his own.

18. LTLakerFan

It's like pulling teeth with Ham to play Wood or Hayes now. That's what he thinks of our back up "BIGS". Why would he or you not put some effort into seeing if your semi-skilled, smart 7 foot 260lb center on a 2 way ..... can be developed with enough minutes in games to help him "get ready" and not so many that he can lose games for us? If AD goes out for any stretch then what, he'll be forced to play Colin "some" minutes backing up those two without any reasonable preparation.

19. Slick2021

Probably because he's been in the NBA as a player, assistant coach, and Head coach, and recognized that Hayes and Wood are simply better players than Collin?

I would like to see Wood and Hayes playing more, but honestly, the bigs haven't been the problem on this team.

20. CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie - Rookie -

Got to see him play a little but he sprained his ankle in the 3rd.
    And we got there late, so I missed the 1st.
    But he was a beast out there. Directing traffic and getting s*** done.
    Geez, board file upload max size is too restrictive.
    Forcing me to post a pic so small that you can't even see Colin.
    upload_2023-12-28_22-46-28.png