Carmelo Anthony Discussion: #9 All Time Scorer

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Aug 3, 2021.

1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

He ain't getting s***. p**** a** league has no balls. And even if they did, you bust a** in the locker room the wrong way and the NBA suspends you.

sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  2. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I don't is meant to diss him. It was just true and everyone saw it during the game. And we know other teams do it too, that's why we have been praying for a big forward and needed Stanley so bad.

3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

eh, he'll get frozen out of stuff socially and dudes won't talk him up in the press. some vets will go at him, patbev style in games, etc. it's not laimbeer stuff, but it doesn't serve him. i thought dlo got frozen out of stuff due to the nick young fiasco. this is that kind of thing to me.

don't care what he meant. how many times do you hear people name names in those situations? especially a (again, disappointing) young player about declining legend. prancin' 'round in your short shorts and s***...get off my lawn.

Juronimo, LTLakerFan and JSM like this.
  4. pika1708

I think we as a society are becoming soft and it reflects in these situations.
    Melo can't defend s***, everybody knows it. What's the problem of speaking about it? He didn't insult him or wtv, he just talked about the strategy used which was EXACTLY that one. I don't think is meant to be targeting Melo, Green didn't made a big fuss about it, it didn't look like any personal attack

If it's what happened, why should he say anything different? Should he have lied? It is what it is, Melo is a liability on defense and everyone here knows it and talks about it and thinks about it when thinking of rotations or signing new guys. So why can't that be spoken outside?

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

how in the hell is "soft" invoked in this conversation? nick young had affairs, why couldn't everyone just speak on it in public?

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    It’s in poor taste as mentioned. Throwing a guy under the bus of whose career you’ll never come close to touching? Boo

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right. notice you didn't hear any laker player or coach say "well, we're 4-13 in our last 17 games, but we scored 120 in regulation because jalen green simply can't guard anyone." even though it's true.

LTLakerFan and JSM like this.
  8. pika1708

Because people can't take any critics now, everything is personal now. You can see it with Westbrook. Or even yourself with AD. That Melo struggles in defense and that teams plan on that is a FACT. So I don't see any issue in mentioning it. It wasn't a direct shot or trying to diss him, the reporters asked in each situation: what was the mindset that lead to starting OT with 13-0 (first 2 FG are against Melo)/ how did you found your shot and kept going?

If it's a fact, why shouldn't be mentioned? So you're telling that he should lie to avoid hurting Melo's feelings?

Not everything is an attack. Social media and the 'hater' thing is polarizing views and make people unable to argue and discuss stuff. It's also making everyone sensitive and wanting to ignore facts to protect reputation and feelings or wtv. The only to improve is accepting and talking openly about our flaws, so it's only welcomed when others point it out, in my perspective.

Melo is a great player, had a very good career and is a bucket getter. But he also never played defense in his career and being older makes it more blatant. Teams try to exploit flaws on the other side, that's basketball.
    It's like when team search for a switch with Gobert to bring him to the perimeter, which already made him unplayable in the playoffs. Or why Isiah Thomas can't play in NBA. Or why Curry had to step up his defense because he was being targeted. There's a zillion examples in the game, we know it's happening with Melo, we even talked about it here, so why is it an attack to mention it when it was indeed the game plan, confirmed by anyone who watch the game?

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yes, i take AD personally and am thus soft. this is really how you're going to play this instead of just...not?

it's already been explained to you why you don't do it. tbh, as ox alluded to, it's actually a relic of "harder" times, when jalen green would have literally gotten smacked.

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Guess the chirping at referees is not taken into account?

#notverysocial

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Good for him.

No idea what he did to deserve it. Thought they might share some highlights.

13. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Admit you have a problem, I like this approach from Melo. This is leadership

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Will dumping Russ be enough to give him the good vibes needed for him to return next season?

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Hey Melo, can you put that in a getting card and mail it to your boy Bron, AD, Rob, Jeanie, Kurt, and Linda. Actually for the ones for the Rambii just staple it to a flaming bag of dog poop.

Checking it off a list doesn't sound like someone who's coming back. Hope I'm wrong.

alam1108 and Cookie like this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I hope he comes back but totally understand it if he chooses to ring chase elsewhere

His scoring punch and locker room leadership will be needed

BigDan24 likes this.
  17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

One more year? Sign me up

If he does go elsewhere, maybe the Nets
    Other options: Heat, C Bags
    https://heavy.com/sports/los-angele...xWFdjFwzNFmbykAxEkdP8Y4XhTTakL3FLQopFu-xHBVTI

lakerjones and abeer3 like this.
  18. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I can live without him.

abeer3 likes this.
  19. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

One more year with the Lakers, then retirement. It's a good plan, let's do it. Limited minutes off the bench. No playing center, no 20+ minutes per game or any of that nonsense. Mentor our young guys, play 12 minutes, shoot some threes... that's it.

alam1108, Cookie, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i can take him or leave him. we overplayed him due to limited options. there are certainly roles for him, but we'd have to get more defensively-oriented players to make it work.

Cookie likes this.