Bronny James Discussion: Welcome To The NBA

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Jun 27, 2024 at 3:10 PM.

1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Oh my God! Thank you Rock, I thought I was in the twilight zone. Some of you'll need to wake up.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

optic to please his highness is bad but its still the 55th pick, nobody gives a hoot had we drafted some joe shmoe that ends up not even making the team

Kenzo and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Right OX The Rock never gave credence to the Bubble ring, though we were just “starting” to jell with one of the top records in the league when covid shut it down, calling it a joke and only won because LeBron and AD got some months off like every other team, same tough mental circumstances other teams were whining about … because they NEVER would have been healthy a full season (like they were this year 4 seasons later). If that was your take too you both are full of bleep. I don’t recall it being your take when we won so don’t go putting that guy up on some pedestal as a voice of reason. I think you’re over the top with all this hate when IF we get health again, same as every damn other team … this season is already shaping up to be a better team with deals still to be done no doubt. Respectfully,

4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    This. Without Klutch and LeBron this franchise was in the mire at least we make the playoffs lol

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

2020 was legit. And everything else was dead on. Im tired of these fake, do nothing a*******. f*** them all.

6. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

This team has been play in teams and no playoffs the last 4 years. How much longer is this horse**** going to hold?

7. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

We made the WCF two seasons ago and lost to the eventual champs. Last season though was inexcusable. The coach screwed around with lineups until finally settling into the one which had chemistry from the year before and commenced to win 65% of our regular season games from then on. If Ham hadn't have jerked around half the season we would have been in 4th or 5th place. The team doesn't suck. Nor does the franchise. We still need some tweaks to this lineup to really contend however.

abeer3, JSM, TIME and 2 others like this.
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Good pick, solid, thick.

I wanted Nikola Jokic @ #55, but that's life, LOL.

Cookie, abeer3, LakerFanIam and 7 others like this.
  9. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    I’m just saying this should not be the last straw, come on, This FO, LeBron and AD traded for BRICKBRICK, that should have been the last straw that broke the Ox back, if ever you’ll turn your back on the team..

Cookie, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If I wasn't already as distanced as I am as a fan, this might surprise me and upset me. But I’ve had several years to distance myself emotionally from what is going on.

Apathy will kill this team, not drafting BJ

LakeShowAZ and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  11. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    The Knecht Era is about to begin, what are you talking about apathy, I’m gonna wake you up for some Zoom watch party :Laugh:

Cookie, LTLakerFan and TIME like this.
  12. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Offer DEN Bronny and Max Christie and our #1s for 2037 and 2041 for Jokic!
    #Mastermind

Cookie likes this.
  13. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Disney Cast Member
    I think a lot of us understand the annoyance but sometimes it’s he worth of being a fan outweighs the disappointment we feel.

I don’t think a lot of us wanted JJ. I think a lot of us hated the idea of trading for Westbrook. We aren’t expecting Bronny to live up to the name fully, but we want to be optimistic that maybe all of this will motivate LeBron to ball so they can both win a ring. The legacy would change if that happened before he retired.

All of this is to say, yeah, the team has messed up. The team messed up Kobe’s last years, they probably extended him too much too when we should have gotten others and all that. We are rinsing and repeating. We just have to live with it for now.

Either all works out like 2020 OR Jeanie sells the team OR BETTER, wakes up and becomes MORE like her Dad and we Three-Peat soon.

Things take time. It sucks that maybe some of us will be older when the glory days come back, but it is what it is.

We sit and we wait. I don’t think this is something worth protesting the team over ala Oakland A’s.

VincePT, LTLakerFan, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  14. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    It would be a great improvement to this site if you posted more :Kobefistbump:.

I don't expect anything from Bronny. Maybe he pans out, maybe he doesn't. How many guys drafted at that position have? I have no issue whatsoever with the Lakers doing this for their franchise player, who came onboard when the likes of LaMarcus fricking Aldridge didn't even give us a meeting, and then gave us a chip.

Yes Bron can be frustrating at times, and I will probably not be be a sad Lakers fan the day he retires, but catering to him while he's here is both a sign of loyalty (which he deserves due to the above) and just another of many ways the Lakers are (rightfully so IMO) building an image of a star-friendly franchise. It seems stars are rarely on the move nowadays, it may prove crucial to be a desired destination once the next one is disgruntled enough and wnts to change colours.

I would also add that it's not like the Lakers are being ruled by Bron and his agency like some seem to believe. They already said NO to him when he tried to push for trades the past two seasons.

This franchise has some issues, more than we'd like. Bron is not one of them, no matter how annoyed with him some of us (rightfully) are. Neither is Bronny LOL.

BTW, imagine if any other team refused to draft their franchise player's son with the 55 pick. I'm sure everybody would agree that to be a great move, right?

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Logic to the rescue!

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

This also matters, he's more popular than Boston

That's the kind of player champion teams need. If that's his goal, he's a very useful player in 2-3 years.

Another angle of his reaction to being selected. Take a human moment for a beat, hell of a moment for the kid considering the journey.

17. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Yeah... I don't recall any outrage over Magic yo-yoing Westhead into an extension and getting fired in the span of 2 seasons.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    This young man should have a pretty massive chip on his shoulder, which also doesn't hurt.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  19. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

If he models his game on Derrick White or Jrue Holiday and gets somewhat close to them, I'm good.

If he develops a game somewhat like Gary Payton II: I could live with that.

Can't help but see the pick as insurance that the Old Man stays here.

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Two new kids for me to root for that are going to be FUN .... Knecht and James .... to go with grizzled Vet now .... HIM

[​IMG]

JSM likes this.