Bronny James Discussion: Welcome To The NBA

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Jun 27, 2024.

1. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

…honestly, at this point I would think everyone would be used to us having guys who can’t shoot.

2. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

I hope those few seconds with them both on the court, are worth years of abuse hurled at the kid. All I see in basketball-related pages these days are posts making fun of how bad the kid is and the sad thing is they are mostly right.

The kid should just go and enjoy his dad's millions, he's obviously never going to be a NBA player, and from what I've seen not even good to play in Europe or anywhere with a remotely relevant basketball league.

3. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    The abuse is way out of hand. He hasn't been good but the hate is absurd and comical in a sad, pathetic way.

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

we are, just not nepotism at the player lvl tho

5. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Grew up in a basketball family. Refused visits to certain teams during the draft process to manipulate the draft board to fall to his preferred destination.

Shooting performance today: 0/15 from the field, 0/7 from 3

Absolutely shameful not only to his team, but the league. I don’t buy the “Summer League” excuses, it’s obvious he doesn’t have what it takes to every become a contributor at the NBA level

Oh wait… Bronny didn’t play today? False alarm yall, guess I got things mixed up with the #2 overall pick Alex Sarr. I’m sure we’re about to see a bunch of lowlight videos and articles denouncing Sarr as the worst thing to ever happen to the NBA :D

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

lol Jesus whitmore was 1-15 yesterday without a f***ing peep around here. Omg if he were a laker…

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Rather have that than Mr Back pain

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

You guys can make all the excuses you want, but this looks bad right now. I said it before the draft and I’ll say it now, this kid should have stayed in college, for at least another year if not 3 more. He’s not ready to be anything close to an NBA player. I feel bad for him honestly, he’s clearly feeling the pressure. I get that he’s probably used to being in the spotlight, I get that this is his dream, but man, I also can’t help but wonder if LeBron pushed too hard for this, and he shouldn’t have instead been allowed to come along at his own pace, enjoy the college experience, not just be thrown into this because LeBron wanted to play with him. I just hope it doesn’t end badly and embarrassingly for him, he should not be getting this level of attention as the 55th pick, but he was always going to.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I’m not making excuses; I just don’t think it’s a huge deal, tbh. He’s clearly not ready for nba minutes. 55th picks almost never are. Maybe, like almost all other 55th picks, he never will be.

his contract is because of his dad, whose paycut covers it. Other teams would have spent a late lotto pick for a similar arrangement. It seems as though some might have been willing to gamble a late first for the glimmer of hope. This is just business.

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

not nba worthy is more accurate

11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

guy threw away any chance he had at developing into a NBA caliber player all so his dad could get his wish of playing with him

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Basically this, if Lebron had said to practically any team, draft my son and I’ll take a pay cut and come and play for your team they would have drafted him.

Wasn’t expecting him to get any minutes unless it’s garbage time at all this year.

abeer3 likes this.
  13. ElginTheGreat

Yeah. I'm here. Particularly since it looks like LeBron is paying for it. Just can't get worked up one way or another over the 55th pick.

He hasn't looked good, but if I'm being honest, no one really has outside of Dalton a few times and most late picks don't do much in the league.

abeer3 likes this.
  14. ElginTheGreat

Now as far as his actual development and sticking around the league, well, I don't know if being on the team with his dad was actually the best thing for him. But time will tell on that. I don't necessarily think he would've better staying in college as opposed to being in the G League though.

JSM and abeer3 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

cam Spencer was taken 53rd, and I like his game. mccullar went right after him, which will also be something to watch. but yeah, i've beat this drum for a long time--you should expect nothing from the 55th pick. really anything in the second round is a total crap shoot, which is why you can always buy into the 40s if you really want to. I actually think the NBA was smarter when you used to be able to get into the late 20s for cheap, as the prospects there are also pretty dim.

we've also been over this, but I think the g league is better for development than college. the style of play is closer to the NBA, and the players are better.

16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Beverley made a "career" running around and pissing players off. Any athletic person (Bronny is much more athletic than dumpster guy ever was) can stick around i guess.

17. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I think my biggest problem with Bronny right now, and yes I know, he's the 55th pick, shouldn't expect anything blah blah blah....my biggest issue is his effort. I get it, he's not ready for the NBA, he's undeveloped, he's a project, he's raw. Those are all things that can come with time experience training etc etc However, one thing that he can absolutely control? His effort. Yes, he could be out of game shape and that could be affecting his effort...but I'm seeing laziness from him and he's not hustling back on D when he misses 3's. That screams to me someone who is comfortable....or it screams to me that he just doesn't care, or it screams to me that when he starts missing shots, or his team starts losing...he starts to give up and he gives less and less effort. I think that was something I was not expecting from him was a lack of effort...from everything I had heard about him, it sounded like he had a good head on his shoulders and he was self aware. Then you see things like him winning a Call of Duty championship....like he KNOWS he's under a lot of scrutiny, he is LeBron's son, and he's now on the LAKERS. You need to know what you're getting into...

Summer League yes, we see a lot of s*** players. However, one thing you won't see is lack of effort. There's guys here busting their a** trying to make a team, trying to make a living. And if you can't hustle or show effort in THIS arena...idk what to tell you. I think the guaranteed deal for Bronny specifically might have not been a good thing for his psyche...because it allowed him to relax in his mind a bit too much, and I think giving him a 2-way contract woulda ignited a fire in him to earn it more. Right now, he's not earned it and it's showing.

18. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Think of it as a.crearive way around the salary cap rules. The dude is a project but it's just like every other guard project you can shoot you'll make the league if you can t you wont

abeer3 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    But guyz, for 8 million they could have signed me.

Cookie and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  20. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

He made like 16-20 3's in a row at the combine. Lakers shooters curse is real i guess...

Cookie likes this.