Belichek The Ruthless

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by Chick the G.O.A.T., Aug 31, 2021.

1. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...gland-patriots-cut-cam-newton-mac-jones-start

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- In a stunning move, the New England Patriots released veteran quarterback Cam Newton on Tuesday, turning things over to rookie Mac Jones as the starter, ESPN has confirmed.

Coach Bill Belichick had said repeatedly that Newton was the team's starting quarterback but that he had to reestablish that position, or someone would have to play better than him. Jones has done that, in Belichick's view.

Jones finished the preseason 36-of-52 for 389 yards, with one touchdown and no interceptions, playing 107 snaps, easily the highest total among Patriots quarterbacks.

Newton had started every preseason game but didn't play as much overall -- just 39 snaps. He finished the preseason 14-of-21 for 162 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.

Can't say I'm surprised but ironically I am. Gotta love Belichek and the set of stones he has. He only cares about what he thinks is best for the Patriots. Don't care for him myself or the Patriots but he deserves a ton of credit as arguably the best coach ever in the NFL.

Cam knows what the NFL stands for...Not For Long. Feel bad for him, I've always liked him. Wonder where his career goes now

gcclaker and TIME like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Pro sports is a tough gig. 66% completion percentage isn't poopoo.

but anyone coming after Brady had an impossible task to live up to.

Chick the G.O.A.T. likes this.
  3. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Jerry Glanville said the same thing. Once it stood for No Fun League when end zone celebrations were banned.

Chick the G.O.A.T. likes this.
  4. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains

Old Atlanta coach, good ol boy! He was right