Avery Bradley Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Kobe Bryant 8, Jul 8, 2019.

1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

According to ESPN's Dave McMenamin and Malika Andrews, the Lakers guard watched his team claim its championship from his home in Texas, where his three children were in purple-and-yellow Lakers sweatsuits.

"Everyone was going crazy. Everyone was excited. My wife was excited," Bradley told ESPN.

"You play your whole career working for a championship and knowing that I was this close and a part of something, even though I wasn't there, is still an amazing feeling."

abeer3, Barnstable, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

there's no question he deserves a ring

he was a key part of their success in the regular season

3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

He will get a ring. His decision was to protect his family. There is nothing more important.

4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

He will absolutely get a ring and he should. I do wonder about next year though.

Barnstable, Cookie, karacha and 2 others like this.
  5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

No question, he was a big part of this team during the regular season and deserves the ring. But, as I mentioned before, he should be made available for trades, as a filler in the offseason. I hope we can put him in a good situation!

6. Josecapone

Josecapone - Rookie -

Self Employed
    Hmm... He'll get a ring for sure. I really thought he was good for us this year and set the tone some games. With the up coming season the Nets with Kylie, the Warriors with Steph, Murray, Lillard, ext.... Having another defensive guard like him will help us tremendously, imo. Its only gonna be harder next year and he will definitely give us a better shot at going back to back. Are guards are weakest on the team. Now depending on if we move Green, who knows..

7. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Okay I am starting to come around on Bradley. It sounds like he still felt part of the team, and the team still had love for him back, and understood his family decision. Give him a ring.

8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

No idea what no bubble NBA basketball will be like. If like NFL and MLB random players on teams are going to contract and possibly spread the virus before they even show symptoms. How does Bradley risk playing on any team with his son’s condition if he wouldn’t do it with the Bubble?

9. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Very good point...and tough situation to be in man.

I hope Bradley can come back because with Rondo opting out...we would be trotting out Caruso/Cook as our only PG's if Bradley opts out again.

At the same time...Bradley is a nice trade chip and he probably upped his value from his play this past year even tho he didn't play in the bubble.

10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah and that sucks if we lose Bradley and Rondo. Am surprised at Rondo. Not thrilled with Cook coming back anyway if he doesn’t have the right stuff for the playoffs in Vogel’s eyes and the rotation. Even regular season.

Thought the connection was strong here and Rondo would want the chance to repeat. Not go somewhere else like he’s the hired gun difference maker. Doesn’t play great or is hurt for most of 2 seasons regular season games. Plays great relatively speaking in the one Finals with his “Bro’s” AD and Bron and now will go be a FA elsewhere or try to extract more money from us that we need to shore up other weaknesses if we hope to repeat, or tie up money that we need to chase with after 2021.

:ADeyeshift:

11. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Where is this Rondo stuff coming from?

AussieLaker87 likes this.
  12. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Sources.

13. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

If Rondo does leave, I don't expect to have Caruso/AB/Cook as our only point guards. I assume we would try to use a good chunk of the MLE on his replacement. I did hear immediately following the Finals that we could expect him to opt out either way, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a goner. If he goes, I thank him for the big playoff run and wish him the best, but we still have guys that will continue to develop and will surely focus on finding a playmaking PG.

LakerFanIam, Cookie and TIME like this.
  14. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

it wouldn't make sense for him to leave. He has a clear path to coaching here. Vogel is raving about him and has already used him as an assistant coach.

He does need to learn to shut up it seems

LTLakerFan and TIME like this.
  15. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    My guess is that now that he's won a second chip and proved he can still play at a high level that he might want one last payday before he retires.

16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I doubt Bradley will opt out, he knows his value is low after he did not play. The 2021 plan is still on.

Khmrp likes this.
  17. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

AB was looking pretty good before the break. vs the Clips on March 8 he was 24/3/1/2STL +/- of +13 while holding Beverly to 2/4/1/1STL +/- of -16
    AB had just come of a Bucks game where he posted a +/= of +24 and a 76rs game of +/- of +24 he was really catching his stride defensively again and
    affecting the game. Hopefully because that happened rather late and his DNP for the rest of the season will cause him to take the option. We need that mid level exception
    for someone else.

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

well, you partially answered it, i think--we had no idea the bubble was even going to work at the beginning. lots can change before the next season starts--will there be a vaccine? more advances in treatments?

i kept my kids out of school this year because when i had to make the decision, we had less information than we do now. i might have chosen differently had i felt confident things would work.

so i could see bradley being more comfortable, i guess.

in terms of his impact, my dad (not a laker fan) swears the lakers would have swept the entire playoffs if they had him.

i'm not sure, as caruso and rondo ended up being really important, and i think he would have eaten into their minutes before green's.

i'd like to have him back at his current salary, in any case.

19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

20. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Yeah I think it's a no brainer to have AB back - whether as a trade chip or as our starting PG, would be nice to have continuity with him.