Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Has either matched our outplayed Jokic but we're down 0-2.

Feel for AD...he's really brought it in this series against arguably the best player in the world.

IDK what else he can do...and it sucks that Murray hit the game winner OVER AD the same day that AD was snubbed from DPOY Finalist list...

Casual+ and JSM like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Our bag of tricks is not very deep. That’s on Ham.

Khmrp and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

We only have two tricks in our bag..Lebron and AD. In this series, Jokic and Murray, have just been more clutch down the stretch. In every game.

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Oh, I already typed this one.

5. Slick2021

I'm looking for some of that, Defensive Player of the Year, caliber play from AD tomorrow night. We had our best defensive player, on their two best offensive players, down the stretch. Anthony got cooked by both of them.

wcsoldier81 likes this.
  6. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah he can't play 4 quarters on both sides stamina wise anymore .. It's tough to do for a big though

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

it's a lot to ask when he's our entire defense. last game, he was also most of our offense in the first half.

denver protects jokic like fine china on defense for the whole time he's out there, for example.

relatedly, i think we'll get AD a center and ditch the 5-out this summer.

8. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Team asks so much of him. I don't feel like the org does enough to promote him and all he does on the court honestly but that's another rant.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, he's been a whipping boy for the fans and media, and it's not justified.

10. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

This is why I think we're going to trade anything and everybody to find another star for him for the next 2-3 seasons.

IMO. We kind of owe it to him. Unfortunately, there just isn't anybody out there (besides Donovan) who I think might be in Miami this summer. I use to think it was us, but I didn't realize he was good friends with Adebayo, and that gives them an edge.

That said, I hope we can surround him with another All-Star this summer.

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, julius randle made the allstar team. the team is doing ok without him, and he left CAA...

i think he moves this summer. along with our other former draft choice and allstar brandon ingram.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  12. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

13. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Well, many of us fans are happy he said it.
    The truth hurts.

Kenzo, SamsonMiodek, Juronimo and 3 others like this.
  14. Slick2021

AD at 5 exclusively, had to be Rob's grand idea IMO. Anthony has complained about it, for a couple of seasons now. Yet...Rob has only looked at minimum salary types 5's since the bubble . I believe Javale at 5M, is the most we've paid another big, and he was already on that contract, during the chip season.

Following the amount of money being spent on positions, reveals a GM's roster priorities. We simply LOVE guards, free agents or prospects, the more the merrier.

If he thinks that we can upgrade our guards again this summer, I expect him to pull the trigger on that trade too.

However it might just be possible, that our next vet min steal, ring chaser, will be an actual, better than a vet minimum big. Hopefully

abeer3 likes this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

you're not wrong that this isn't AD's idea. but AD was on board with russ, too. and AD won a title playing most of his minutes at center. we just need a placeholder, and yes, the FO screwed up by not doing a better job at finding a guy to start halves at center.

your boy ham is all in on this, though, slick. i didn't like when he came in with the 4-out, and then he doubled down with the 5-out. that's definitely not in line with AD's wishes.

Kenzo, Juronimo, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  16. Slick2021

Meh..I expect the AD/Lebron, come to Jesus moment, is approaching soon. AD knows who controls the ball at the end of games, if he's unhappy with his amount of touches, he knows exactly who is to blame for it too.

As long as Lebron can still deliver the wins, he'll probably hold his tongue some, but if not, I'm expecting Anthony, to get a lot more vocal, about " Everything should be going through AD" stuff, being actually practiced, more than being preached.

17. Slick2021

Ham is on his first HC gig bro, he's following his marching orders directly from Rob. This is also why Darvin is more solid with the FO, than a lot of fans might want to believe. IMO

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's the one who doubled down, though. and maybe that was because the FO told him they were going to make certain personnel choices, but i think that's unlikely. more likely is ham told them he thought playing smaller was better (i mean, look at his lineup track record) and they trusted/listened.

19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I think there’s truth to this.

20. Slick2021

Darvin has played whoever they gave him IMO Abeer.

Milwaukee didn't play small ball, when Ham was there, they had bigs that could shoot from the perimeter too. I doubt that he just came up , with all this go small stuff, in order to get this job.

They gave him the preferred blueprint, and he's filling in the blanks. Denver just presents a different problem. Their inside/outside duo, is in their prime and playing with aggression and confidence.

It's a good thing IMO , we will be forced to make some changes, if we get bounced again.

Lebron wants another star, he's always pushed for another star, he wanted Kawhi after getting AD. Anthony wants another big, been stumping for one since the bubble. Jeannie wants to win and save money at the same time. Rob has to navigate, satisfying Lebron, AD, and his owner.
    Ham has to show, that he's flexible enough to work with, whatever he's been given.

Fascinating dynamics going on, behind the scenes with this team.

But look...
    D'Angelo, Rui and Austin might step up, and change everyone's opinions. We'll see.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024