Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

I know who he is..knew about him in Charlotte. He's too slow to keep up with the quick bigs like Sabonis or AD, and he gets overpowered by the big ones like Zubac and Jokic. He pretty much can't guard anybody outside of 5 feet from the paint. I don't see what he would do for us, you can't play him in the playoffs.

2. Slick2021

Yeah if that's your opinion, along with Reddish shouldn't be allowed to shoot 3's.

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Never said you didn't know who he was rather you only brought up his ONE bad game this year against the best of AD and conveniently ignored the other games he's been really good this season to fit your narrative.

Our team has had rebounding issues and back line defense issues so far this year (among other things) . Some of that's been masked with some lineup tinkering and Vando will help whenever he gets back, but there's too many players on the team who are doing more harm than good in those departments. Bismack excels at both.

Interesting your laser focus on his playoff limitations. For one, the 82 matter and puts AD in the best position to be THAT guy come playoff time. For two, have you seen the playoff stats of the two backup bigs we do have on this roster?
    Hayes - 6&3 in only 6 games. Any 3rd string C in the league can do that.
    Wood - never been. Oops.

[​IMG]

Biyombo has played in 40 playoff games.

Ultimately this is a lot of wasted typing because he's not here and won't be this year. I think he should be and only one of our current backup centers should be on the roster, not both. Rob miscalculated.

Also this is an AD thread and before it gets too off the rails, let's guide it back that way and hope he gets the best of Portland tomorrow. 30/13/6/3 was the line against Portland on Sunday. This is a tourney game and a bounce back game, both seem to matter to him. I'm expecting a big night for him.

I have a nightly cry fest in the NBA random thread in the NBA Discussion Forum over Biyombo games. If you care to join me over there while you continue to pretend he's washed... all company is welcome.

alam1108 likes this.
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

reddish didnt in that game, they were down 1 pt n sabonis is not quick, hes a physical plotter type big....you also might be only one to say sabonis is "quick", it only looks quick cause ad was strolling back on def

5. Slick2021

@JSM

Lol..Man I was pulling your coat..well slightly. You can be sensitive sometimes Anywhoo ..I've seen enough of Bismarck, to say that he's pretty much a non factor in the playoffs IMO.. Regular season..Eh..probably take him over Hayes.

However we will definitely see him again, might see him in the playoffs. We can chop it up on the subject as it goes.

6. Slick2021

He is Not a big physical
    plodding big dude.. FOH..man you just make up s*** to say sometimes.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

did he look quick when he was posting up ad? can we ask this forum if they agree sabonis is quick and or quicker than AD? as for Reddish, hes making them now does that mean the missed 3 in that game goes away?

8. Slick2021

Ask em..they all can see these posts!!!

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Oct 29th gm at Sac
    Davis 30/16
    Sabonis 12/15 (fouled out)

did Sabonis gain some super speed serum from the flash after that gm?

10. Slick2021

What does that have to do with him being quicker or not? You do realize that AD is bigger than Sabonis right? Do you even watch the games, or are you going off of the box scores?

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

u said hes quicker than ad thus why he out played ad, so what was difference in that oct 29th gm?

12. Slick2021

I said thvhe is quicker than AD...you could see it in the games, they play against each other. That doesn't mean that he's going to out play AD on that alone. Jackson is quicker than AD too.

13. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

On no planet in the known Universe is Sabonis quicker than AD.
    He is however, much stronger.

alam1108 likes this.
  14. Slick2021

His father maybe..what games are you guys watching? Sabonis is 6'10 240lbs, he has good feet, runs the floor well, and he's agile in the paint. He's not a bruiser, but he has a good motor, no Marc Gasol type at all.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sabonis is definitely not a plodder. That’s ridiculous.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

no idea what's happening here. AD is not slower than sabonis, and sac doesn't run their offense by iso-ing sabonis on AD and getting a double or something. sac's offense neutralizes AD because a) they run the floor like madmen (AD needs to work on this; it's become an issue) and b) they share the ball and work outside in. surrounding fox (who's the fastest guy in the game with the ball) with outside shooters opens the floor. you have to get back on defense and not turn the ball over. we did neither and got blown out. AD being better offensively would have helped his stat line and made us lose by slightly fewer points, but our issue isn't AD getting beasted by sabonis.

you could make that claim sometimes against denver with jokic, but not here.

17. Slick2021

Only slightly disagree on some of that professor...

I'd put a bill on Sabonis beating AD in a 100 yard dash. AD isn't slow, but Sabonis is quicker
    Fox is the headliner and they put shooters around him, but Sabonis isnt just an afterthought on offense, even though he doesn't shoot much outside the paint.

He leads them in assists and rebounds, did it all last season as well. You have to attack his a** too, get him in foul trouble, he's weak on D
    I'm with you on everything else, but damn, I'm glad they didn't try to work out the Fox/Haliburton tandem. Them dudes would be a problem for real.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Let’s face it AD is a p****:ADeyeshift:

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

100-yard dashes aren't really relevant, but i'd put a bill on if you just gave sabonis the ball and cleared out a side, he's unlikely to score on AD. and if you do the reverse, AD is likely to score on him.

he's absolutely critical to their offense as a master of the high screens, dribble handoffs, and short roll passing and finishing. and he's a solid isolation scorer against smaller players in the post. but not against bigger ones, and definitely not against AD.

rare trade that worked out great for both teams and made sense at the time. haliburton ended up being the best player of the three (imo), but fox's trade value wasn't high at the time of that trade, and they ended up getting a guy who really completed the picture for them in sabonis.

he's very good; i just think the narrative that AD can't handle him is false and silly. the lakers can't handle the kings because we can't contain anything on the perimeter and we can't/won't get back to set up a defense anyway.

Slick2021 likes this.
  20. Slick2021

Lol..Nah..I'm not saying that Sabonis is any kind of AD problem. I'm not worried about him, or them in a 7 game series. I'm just talking about him being quicker than AD, is how he gets his offense off when he has a decent scoring game., I guess this is some crosstalk with my nemisis (allegedly) Khmrp on the subject.

Sabonis is not a scrub but I expect AD to thoroughly spank his a** in our next game against them. I was told that Sabonis was a bully plodder that simply overpowered AD.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    abeer3 likes this.