Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Panko

Panko - Rookie -

AD Beastmode Rim Protector

2. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

During the entire game... I cringed and loled when the ESPN (Burke? whatsherface?) kept calling JJJ by the full "defensive player of the year" title.

AD ate his lunch.

3. Panko

Panko - Rookie -

Love this play. Make your move before the double comes, or through it if it comes late.

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

But if he has an off night making the shots he’s taking against a top rated defense whose goal is to double and make his life hell trying to shoot them ….. “at least Kobe always found something else useful to do.” Rebound …. whatever. Come on AD!

:Shaqdisappointed:

6. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

She embarrassed herself by doing that.

JSM and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. FrontOfJersey22

I will stand by my criticism when one of our guys shows a massive difference in effort.
    AD was the best player in the entire NBA last night.

lakerjones, Panko and Toklat like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's nice, but it happened because the double never came. morant didn't dig down and the baseline defender didn't leave rui and commit. so it was AD 1 on 1. bbq.

9. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

This is my only criticism of AD as well. In my mind he is the best player in the league when he wants to be. I can live with whatever the results are as long as the effort is there. I'm still confident he is taking us to a title. I'm also wanting an even more dominant performance game four. Lets put the strangle hold on this series. I do not need anymore stress...lol.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

Missing shots against a tough defense while continuing the tough work himself on the boards and protecting the rim is worthy of categorizing the effort as a “massive drop off” …. and if playing last night like the “best player in the entire NBA” with the reckless abandon it entails physically in the scrums, air and onto the floor …. you’re also going to again question whether it’s worth having this kind of player on the team when he picks up the next unlucky or s*** happens injury because you’re sick of your expectations be elevated and then being disappointed again? Carry on. :rock:

abeer3 and Juronimo like this.
  11. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Completely dominant last night. That was beautiful.

12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Huge performance. HUGE. Definitely fed of the energy at home. We need at least another one of these and we'll be good.

13. FrontOfJersey22

You can have your Opinion regarding AD, and I’ll continue to have mine. They are both OPINIONS. Carry on and have a beautiful day.

14. LTLakerFan

Thanks for explaining that .... who knew? They're also open for discussion, did you know that?

15. FrontOfJersey22

Just no need to get so bent out of shape and emo over it. You have a different take. So what?
    Myself and others are just pointing out what we see on the court- it’s not made up.
    Passive/Aggressive shots at others aren’t cool.

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

DPOY? We sure about that one?

17. FrontOfJersey22

Those of us who don’t come with an anti- Laker bias aren’t sure about that one. Anyway, I’ll take Playoff wins over lame “awards” every single time.

18. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Yep, fans don't always get it.

19. LTLakerFan

Oh that's nice, look who's getting personal now. LOL pot meet kettle. Talk about getting bent out of shape and emo over it because someone is questioning your sacrosanct opinions or statements, once in awhile, as I have, while agreeing on many or most others. That's you not me. Yeah it's your opinion but I'm commenting on it and some of your replies back to me that I find questionable. Get over yourself. I have ZERO problem having my opinion and attitude on something altered or changed if the argument makes sense to me. Unlike a couple people here, yourself included, who will never give an inch.

In the first place I wasn't even thinking of you as I don't recall you saying after game 2 any comment about how Kobe, unlike AD, would find some way to contribute if he wasn't scoring well. It was directed at at least one unknown person, and any who might have liked it, after Game 2. After the statistics about the real level of his all around play were were starting to be brought up on the previous page. And continue throughout the page.

https://lakersball.com/threads/anthony-davis-discussion-throwing-a-block-party.3222/page-812

So you anyway took offense to me calling out how ridiculous it was to say Kobe, unlike AD, would find "some other" way to contribute .... and then dropped in your "massive" adjective for your subjective opinion on his level of effort drop off and then called him the best player in the league the following night.

Since you chose to jump in above when you were not even involved with the original post, I took issue with 2 things. First "massive" drop off in effort. While still playing very well against a playoff team and the anointed "DPOY" and the physicality of that team .... by still protecting the rim, blocking shots and not too bad, not great job of rebounding .... he, like 3 or more rotation players, did not have a great shooting night. If he had made 3 or 4 of those shots that missed against double teams with not much of anyone else hitting and the tough defense, would he have gotten hammered so much and severely criticized while continuing to play like the real DPOY?

[​IMG]

And 2nd it struck me that you acknowledged he played like the "best player in the NBA". The reason many of us, same as other teams' fans with superstars who can get injured from "normal" and s*** happens injuries MIGHT be opposed to looking to trade him OR THEM and get what we can now if it were to happen again THIS season. That's obviously part of the reason he gets more injuries than say Jokic who does not fly around the court and take the ball coast to coast or get into the air anywhere near the level that AD does in order to "play like the best player in the NBA". But you are on record here as saying it's just not worth it any more to you emotionally to get your hopes up for AD ..... (who gives us at least a chance at a ring when healthy) ..... to stay healthy and then be disappointed again if he gets hurt (and lost for X number of games) that costs us that chance. Leonard, George, Morant, Embiid, Fox and any number of lesser players all say HELLO. Basically you want your cake and to eat it too. IN MY OPINION.

That was condescending and untrue as to how things work around here with "opinions". They get questioned all the time. Are yours above that? Mine certainly are not.

That was sarcastic because of the condescension above.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. FrontOfJersey22

Wow, okay dude. I ain’t mad. Seems like you are. Have a good day.