Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Haha and back and forth we go... Let's not try to lose our minds in the back and forth jostling of leverage that looks to last for another week.

Per USA Today:

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

My only hope is that AD sees what's going on here; all the b****-a** owners and media essentially telling the whole world to not let him have what he wants. Make sure that AD doesn't get to play in the place he wants to play. Take a worse offer. Bench him. Do whatever you have to do. So when 2020 rolls around he gives the middle finger to everyone and signs with the Lakers anyway. He joins Lebron and Kyrie and they start a new dynasty.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat, Kenzo and 2 others like this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    because I never got to win a ring!

:dwightcrying:

4. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I don't care anymore; $38 million in cap space and decent prospects with all of our picks intact.

LTLakerFan and ElginTheGreat like this.
  5. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Lol cheating? Was it cheating when Miami traded two first round picks and an exception for Chris Bosh?

Lakers package isn’t good enough, but Boston’s is? A bunch of young players who overachieved in the playoffs and haven’t done anything this season?

Yeah, the media has it to drag the Lakers down as much as possible. Where are they getting information like this? It would be nice to hear an actual quote from the Pels GM, and not an assumption.

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

One, Windhorst doesn’t know s***. He said LeBron wasn’t going to come to the Lakers all summer. Two, Jackie Mac is a C Bags beat writer. Three, again, this is a GAME, these teams play eachother in the media. If the Pelicans really said that or feel that way, that just means you go out and look for a 3rd team to help sweeten the deal, it doesn’t mean game over. There’s a week left...

Oh and also the Pelicans can be petty and bench Davis, but Davis can’t sit out, if he does he loses his free agent status. The Pelicans said they removed him from their video so the crowd wouldn’t boo, but I also read reports, though not sure how accurate they are, that they removed him from their online banner and took his jersey out of their arena store. Doesn’t sound like a reparable relationship to me.

7. sirronstuff

but that would be real journalism

8. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

...sources. That’s all you have to look at.

If these BPSN idiots had “sources”, they would have legitimate quotes straight from the mouth. Right now, they’re making assumptions on what the Pels think.

F BPSN/BOSTON.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat, Kenzo and 4 others like this.
  9. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

This deal doesnt get done without a 3rd team.

10. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    No matter what happens, even if we end up somehow pulling off the trade, I hope Jeannie and Magic absolutely raise hell during the next round of CBA negotiations. There is legit more collusion and tampering against the Lakers then the other way around.

Cookie, lakerjones, Kenzo and 4 others like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Who are lining up, imo. The lakers could nab a Blake griffin type with half the youth. Is that what NO wants?

Whatever; if someone beats the offer windhorst shat upon, more power to them, I guess. We don't have more to offer.

Honestly, that reeks of NO telling folks that The Godfather offer was made, so stop calling me with Gordon Hayward and two smacks to the mouth.

12. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

That's the least of the problem. The issue is the league stopping this. This needs to stop. And Lakers management needs to start threatening Adam Silver and the owners that if they dont stop colluding to stop the Lakers from making trades, shared revenue checks will be on the table in the next CBA.

This is the biggest crock of s*** I've ever seen in sports. That mother f***ing piece of s*** David Stern set the flagship of this league back a decade because of this kind of s*** and the Lakers cant have it happen again.

I haven't posted as much as I've wanted to the last few days because I dont want to be on here cussing on every post. But I am absolutely irate right now at all these people in the league trying to ruin this for the Lakers.

13. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Seriously? Tatum is the best of the bunch. I think anyone outside LA agrees. What do you guys think about the comparisons?

shoe likes this.
  14. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

So we have the LA people, Tania and Brad Turner who have constantly been ahead of the story and breaking news saying how much the Pelicans love Lonzo, and how Kuzma is really valued. Then we have Woj and the rest of ESPN saying at first they aren't even talking to us, but now that they hate all the young guys? Okay...

15. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

Take this from a grain of salt. This is from EDI from Tha Outlawz's IG...

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

I agree with the sentiment: Boston's guys aren't any more likely to be cornerstones than ours.

But yes, Tatum is the best of the bunch, and it's a disingenuous comparison. That, however, pales in comparison to the media's disingenuity overall.

17. sirronstuff

IP Man 3 has Mike Tyson in it FYI (Random Netflix news) Hadn't seen it before today.

18. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Agree. I’ve never heard a reaction to a trade like this that didn’t involve La.

19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, why do they do this? If they keep trampling on the Lakers and keeping them down with a concerted effort on all fronts, what is that going to accomplish? Crap on the largest fanbase in the sport and they eventually will stop watching their team. And do you think the Laker fans are all going to magically start rooting for the Bucks and Hornets of the world? No. They will lose them and their giant revenue check. The Lakers are why your franchises are worth the money they are. Without the massive revenue sharing of teams like the Lakers, the Hornets, the Bucks, the Cavs would be bleeding money. Why does ESPN want the Lakers to suck? They are rating gold. This literally makes no sense to me.

20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Pretty good fight scenes in that one.

On topic. Can we get a photoshop of Donnie Yen in Ip Man 1 where he takes on like 10 guys. Donnie as Lakers, those 10 guys as the teams b****ing.