Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Just for discussion sake, Grant Hughes with B/R threw out 4 trade ideas involving AD...

The Trade: Los Angeles Lakers receive Kevin Durant from the Brooklyn Nets for Anthony Davis and an unprotected 2029 first-round pick

The Trade: Los Angeles Lakers receive Zach LaVine*, Patrick Williams, Goran Dragić and a 2023 first-round pick (via POR) from the Chicago Bulls for Anthony Davis

The Trade: Los Angeles Lakers receive RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Obi Toppin, Quentin Grimes, 2023 first-round pick, protected 2023 first-round picks via DET, WAS, DAL, 2025 first-round pick via MIL from New York Knicks for Anthony Davis

The Trade: Los Angeles Lakers receive Christian Wood, Spencer Dinwiddie, Reggie Bullock, unprotected first-round picks in 2025, 2027 and 2029, first-round swap rights in 2024, 2026 and 2028 from the Dallas Mavericks for Anthony Davis

Click the link to see his reasoning behind each move: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-trade-packages-for-lakers-star-anthony-davis

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

maybe the third one. all else: nope.

at least they're concrete ideas and not "trade him!"

i could come up with some better ones if i get time. again, if we're 4-16, i'll become the AD-trade-generating-machine for the next several months!

alam1108 likes this.
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I probably like that Mavs deal best, though I don’t love any of them regarding the players, have to believe we could get better players than that for AD. Not interested in all those mediocre/overrated and some freshly overpaid Knicks players.

alam1108 likes this.
  4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

With how Rob and Jeanie think and operate, IF things don't get better for either team, I would be shocked if there weren't conversations regarding a KD for AD swap. It's on brand for them. I don't think it makes sense for the Nets because this happens if they blow it up and AD with only their supporting cast and no other star isn't good enough.

I think if we were to move him and do right by him, we tend to try to do what's best for our stars, Chicago would be at the top of the list. Send him home. They could be an interesting trade partner, they have players that would fit here. It's just a matter of how many of them you can extract.

alam1108, abeer3 and Weezy like this.
  5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Of course. I bet they are discussing it behind closed doors right now.

Personally, I'd support any kind of deal that gives us a couple of gifted young guys and as many picks as we can get, to start building for the future.

FrontOfJersey22 and Weezy like this.
  6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

It’s true, they would see it as smart probably. LeBron, KD, and Russ, all players that need the all in their hands to be effective, what could possibly go wrong, wouldn’t be shuffling deck chairs on the titanic at all and make us even worse defensively. Gotta have them STARZ! That’s one case where I’d gladly just hang onto AD and do nothing.

FrontOfJersey22 and JSM like this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, i was polar opposite. don't do anything that might help luka stay in dallas, and i don't like the value of their picks assuming he's there--he projects to be a perennial mvp candidate for a decade.

the knicks guys could help us compete short-term (while we don't own picks) and be gone when it's time for the full rebuild.

i don't see a nets deal. i've tried to figure it out and can't. AD/russ/1st for durant/simmons? kyrie/simmons/2 1sts for russ/AD? i don't know. nothing seems to make sense for everyone.

chicago:

upload_2022-11-8_19-58-54.png

they kick in their '27 first. we send all chicago guys home.

alam1108 likes this.
  8. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

He's been great at the rim and on D for the most part but his jumper is still missing. He was the worst jump shooter in the nba the last two years at 35.99% eFG%. How is he this year? 35.53% eFG%.... Teams will continue to pack the paint on him in the 2nd half to shut him down.

abeer3 likes this.
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's at least cut down on the threes. he was a good midrange shooter in NO; have no idea where that went or how.

lakerjones and NickthaQuick like this.
  10. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I think AD wants to want to play basketball but I don't think he has passion for the game anymore. The talent is there, he isn't old but something is holding him back. Combine this with Lebron's poor start to the season and our role players are exposed. Role players can't carry the team and we have no true 1 or 2 right now. Our "superstars" just aren't getting it done. Basketball is a tough mental grind and when you get tired of it talent alone won't carry you at this level. I know having role players that could shoot better would help but it won't save us. The next 4-5 games should tell the tale. I hope AD and Lebron can find themselves otherwise we have to be glad we won a championship and start rebuilding for the next. Just my opinion and hoping I'm wrong as I often am.

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think AD is largely getting it done. he's not playing the best ball of his career, but he's playing up to his salary, which is more than we can say for about 100 million dollars' worth of our roster.

Kenzo, Juronimo, SamsonMiodek and 3 others like this.
  12. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Agreed. Plus he's gutting it out with an injury which is what many claimed to want.

13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

He's playing great on both ends to start the game. He's the DPOY right now. But he's being asked to do too much without any help. Considering he's already (rightfully) complaining to the media, I don't think he'll keep up the effort all season. Not sure which will break first

[​IMG]

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Caruso has a low PER though. Not worth it.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

well, he quit earlier than this last year, so...progress!

16. Henry_Hart

Henry_Hart - Rookie -

I've said this before and am sticking to it - Anthony Davis going on a 20 game streak without an injury scare, bumps, bruises will assist with his confidence, shooting and motor. Basketball is very much a rhythm game. Anyone who has played ball at any competitive level knows that once you get hot and your confidence rises, you just have a swagger about you.

17. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Honestly AD would be the last guy I trade on this team. I’m not into it. He’s a top 10 talent and you won’t find a better two way player. He’s under 30 and there just isn’t a viable replacement. We gave up a lot to get him here and he delivered a championship to us in his first season. I’m not giving up on him. I bash his effort when I see him get passive but I’ll always be a fan and I’m thankful to have him. That said he needs to get that reliable midrange going again, and the offense should flow through him more in the second half of games.

Kenzo, abeer3 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    but he's also Beta. if you pair him with a younger alpha, that's great. But if he's your main guy, you have NO all over again.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  20. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    What concerns me about AD this year (other than the constant health worry) is that he only seems to have energy for one side of the court. He has had games as a defensive monster and his rebounding numbers are way up in those games. This last game he focused on scoring the ball and looked great, but he disappeared on defense and grabbed 4 rebounds. I'm greedy and want both.

Zoyd Wheeler and ElginTheGreat like this.