Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

jokic took him to school, but another overall solid performance from AD. seems like he's already playing on one leg though

Kenzo and lakerjones like this.
  2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Almost all the top bigs have passed AD by, it really sucks, he may already be passed his peak because of all the wear and tear. It will never happen, but I would trade him now and try to get the best package we can. We have ZERO path to being good post LeBron and AD except to trade one of them. Aside from that we just have some draft picks. We have no MLE guys to move, no guys on big contracts worth anything, we are STUCK. I get the loyalty, and I get you rarely win star trades, but a LOT of stars have been traded in recent years, it’s not unheard of, it’s a business, sometimes you gotta do what’s best for the franchise above all.

3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Mr. Whipple!

[​IMG]

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  5. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah, we're at a point where it makes sense to be discussed. But will never happen while we have LeBron.

4th game in the season and if we were in March he would be sitting because he's clearly not healthy. I value his effort to stay on the floor

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  6. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

How many games does he play this season? Over or under 60?

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

LOL. Under, of course.

TIME and sirronstuff like this.
  8. sirronstuff

I think AD and Bron play 50-60 quality games each. If they play more than that, I'm not sure how effective some of those games will be. Either nicked up, too old, too soft, etc.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, it's a little misleading, imo. first, jokic "committed his first foul" is some funny s***. AD should have at least three and-1s where we blew right by jokic and got bumped. and then on the other end, the and-1 that i'm sure everyone will act like happened all game long (but actually happened once) was a clear offensive foul on jokic.

AD DID get beat down the floor on pretty much every miss (and we miss A LOT), though, and jokic got most of his easy looks due to that--not because he "schooled" AD. he just ran the floor and AD didn't. and that's bad, but it's not the story people are telling.

if we could shoot a lick, we could have gotten jokic on an island and AD would light him up for 40 just by going right by him like he did every time he had a clear lane.

10. sirronstuff

AD had 14 rebounds. I have no complaints.

11. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

He's already grimacing from that lower back and that fall didn't help matters.

I'm waiting for the "he's out 2 weeks or so..."

Hope not, but this team sucks. Why risk his health?

JSM, abeer3, lakerjones and 1 other person like this.
  12. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

f*** the refs: Jokic elbowed AD in the face several times with AD in position and the refs ignored it

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i think because at this point, he's either got to play through it or he's done as a star player, right? and i'm a big AD fan/supporter. but if there's not a great risk and he's not hurting the team by playing, he just has to play.

i wish they would identify the back issue. if it's a slipped disc or something, he absolutely shouldn't be out there. but if it's just muscle tightness/soreness, i think he has to lace 'em up. if he can't, then we can't rely on him past this year, anyway, right?

i was all for sitting him last year. i thought it was especially stupid that we brought him back near the end, tbh. but he's had a full summer to rest, rehab and get right. gotta let it fly.

exactly. jokic played a really good game, per usual. but he didn't "school" AD in any sense. he took advantage of AD not being able to change ends quickly to great effect, but it's not like denver's offense was dumping the ball to jokic and letting him work. and it's not like jokic didn't have two guys helping in the paint at all times. when he didn't, AD just torched him, scored, and got fouled (without a whistle). and yes, he got to bullrush him and lead with his elbow and get an and-1.

again, not buying this story. i watched the game.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  14. Pioneer10

Yeah it's annoying people are trying to use film from AD in NO to say he's not that guy anymore. Yeah he may be a bit down but AD is his destructive best on offense when he has space. His biggest weakness is he can't attack double teams well and defenses are packed in the paint like crazy.

It's also why I'm not quite ready to say Lebron is washed: get these two some spacing and let's see what they can do. Denver is a good defensive team particularly with Brown and Gordon now able to play off Jokic

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i've been saying for a while that we haven't built a team to optimize AD on offense the entire time he's been here. people are mad about his production on that end (which has actually been quite good anyway, lol), but that's born of the system and personnel. nobody will leave their center or pf on AD on an island, but we can't create islands, nor can we create lanes for movement outside of the occasional lob.

ElginTheGreat, Pioneer10 and OX1947 like this.
  16. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

I am going to back up Anthony Davis so far. The guy is gutting it out. Mad respect. Abeer3, you made an excellent point. The team needs a center who can play good defense and shoot from deep to spread the floor and not crowd the lane for AD. The only guy that might be available to do that is that guy in Indiana. Lakers may have to get something done with him, at the very least.

17. Pioneer10

Ype when can credibly stop making a case for freaking Bruce Brown is a better shooter then anyone you have on the Lakers, let's talk about AD's offensive upside/limitations

abeer3 likes this.
  18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

He isn’t the same guy anymore though, physically, it’s rough. It’s game 4 and he looks 45 out there

shoe, SirJunkyBen, TIME and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Months of rehab (or doing nothing, whatever) and he comes in hurt. Stick a fork in him...

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

look at his action, mostly everytime he caught a pass he was on the move, here they just drop the ball into him in post or he's being left open on purpose to shoot from permiter in a stand still position

TIME, abeer3 and Toklat like this.