Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Or really? I wasn't aware I was supposed to bring in solutions. I must be on the Lakers payroll and I didn't know. WTF...

Let me explain, why an approach of "you propose something and it's valid ONLY if you have solutions" on a fansite is moronic.

1. there is no way for me to know the validity of any solution even if I had one, without being an expert in several different NBA-related disciplines
    2. even if I was one (and I scoff at that notion, because noone here is), I don't know the political situation; for example, trading AD might be impossible because he is secretly sleeping with Jeanie (see Rodman, Dennis)
    3. I certainly don't know the other teams situations nor am I interested to know it
    4. I am not sure of the promotional or marketing implications of such a move
    5... many other parameters that impact trades in the NBA, including and up to commisioner vetos

Do you not see how high of an entry level for a thought you are attempting to establish?

If that's the standard here then any and all trade proposals, lineup changes or ANYTHING really, is BS, because NOONE here knows all of the factors.

So, get off of your high horse.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

See this is what concerns me most of all. At this point AD is supposed to be taking the reins from LeBron. AD is in his prime and LeBron is in his 20th season, and yet I still see LeBron being THE guy here. We can hate on Chuck all we want for his sillines, but here IMO he makes some damn good points. AD used to be in the MVP conversation before he was traded here, he WAS the MVP to me the year Harden won. Injuries have taken some of that for sure, but after that where is that “I’m that guy” mentality of the bubble, where has it gone? I do not think AD can be that guy anymore post LeBron, which is why I’m ok rebuilding and looking for that guy to come along again someday, piling up assets while we can. Having assets allows you to add a player like a CJ McCollum, a Jerami Grant, a Tyrese Haliburton, etc. We have to start thinking in terms of singles and doubles, not only home runs.

Toklat, ElginTheGreat and alam1108 like this.
  3. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

What high horse? What are you talking about?

It‘s a fan site so we’re allowed and encouraged to backseat general manage. Or are you here just to jump from thread to thread and just list how negative everything is?

abeer3 likes this.
  4. ZenMaster

I am jumping from thread to thread and voicing an opinion. It's just so happens that we are trash, in most categories, so it is negative. You are the one asking me for a solution, as if you've always provided one. See your unconditional Westbrook love, against all statistical evidence that he's dog s***. Hence the high horse. Look it up.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

none of those 3 teams would trade for ad, they'd want ad to pair with their star

6. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Last season I had hoped Russ would play into form and get some chemistry with our main guys. That didn’t work out and I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

What’s Russ got to do with wanting to trade AD? And what’s it got to do with being negative on anything?

The reason why I and other posters ask for solutions or options, is because if there were ways to improve the team tangibly it would be taken. And it’s a far better discussion than just the repetitive we suck.

abeer3 likes this.
  7. ZenMaster

Ugh... useless. Moving on.

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Losing teams can make team message boards a below average place to spend spare time.

Juronimo and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  9. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Then where will we safely interact? Facebook? I don’t want to be connected to your Flat Earth shenanigans and swept over suspended by social media censors. TikTok? I don’t want my whole life spied upon by CHYNAA.:Kobe Snickering:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    sirronstuff and ZenMaster like this.
  10. ZenMaster

I have been able to survive you for nearly 20 years. ;)

KareemtheGreat33 and sirronstuff like this.
  11. sirronstuff

It’s crazy that the time frame is not far off. Wow.

12. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Let’s keep it civil folks. Agree to disagree. Let’s not get on each other. I know the team is frustrating and I get that. But don’t take it out on others.

TIME likes this.
  13. sirronstuff

I have no idea what you speak of sir

:Shaqfunnyface:

you're such a weird round earther

:Magicwink:

14. ZenMaster

Yep. 2003, depending on when you joined CL.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i'm with svtzr here, and i don't agree at all with zen's implicit take that the purpose of a message board is just to (strongly) register opinions and evade actual discussion. i can yell at clouds by myself?

asking who people want to trade AD for is not only in bounds, it's the only way an actual discussion can take place.

at least with respect to russ, most people have actually stated the things that they would and wouldn't do to move him.

16. ZenMaster

SMDH

I think we should consider trading him. No, I don't know for whom. I do know why.

Replying to that with "well, if you don't know for whom, shut up" is idiotic.

Either way, as I said, just like with Russ, we'll see very soon who was right.

Carry on.

LaVarBallsDad and sirronstuff like this.
  17. sirronstuff

I'd like to see what we could trade Lebron, AD, and RW for. Just for the helluvit.

No I don't have time to speculate what works per the salary cap or the best combination of draft picks, young talent, cheap veterans, and expiring contracts.

But I have been sick enough of what I have seen to definitely take a look at that. Make Lebron set the points record as a Clipper LMBO. Our draft team has been phenomenal. We can rebuild and land the right guys with the right approach. I'm sure of it. With Kurt and Rob, anything is possible.

Oh and Linda! Can't forget Linda.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  18. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I can respect this take. If you don't know for whom, at least you admitted it.

Let me preface what I'm about to say: I'll trade anybody depending on circumstances i.e. if it makes us a better basketball team, etc.

Here is my concern, Zen: if we're trading in any AD package, we're probably getting picks back, right? I just don't want to spend another 3-4 years debating prospects who will take years to develop.

Now, if you can parlay AD into another All-Star, and use those picks for a future transaction to add to retooling, I understand the logic there.

For me: the deal that never happened was ideal: which was an older Gasol, Odom, for Chris Paul, which David Stern nixed. Something like that is what you're suggesting?

And of course the dynamics always change. Players get disgruntled, etc. I'd say let's see how the year plays out and evaluate next season.

ElginTheGreat and SamsonMiodek like this.
  19. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

By the way, AD needs to start setting better screen.

In fact, the whole team does; get your big a** in front and get some contact on that screen.

ElginTheGreat and LTLakerFan like this.
  20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Why is this so fearful physically for these guys when they’re frequently getting in front to take charges often at higher speeds. Not like it’s going to be Kobe blowing up Pau on them.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.