Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Im often on AD's a** but no way in hell im trading him and bringing in scrubs like Lavine, Edwards or some other Ayton. You never win with guys like this, i rather pray for health and some luck.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    SamsonMiodek and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

The fact that I don't know who he can or should be traded for doesn't negate the fact that we will regret not trying...

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah it kind of does I think, if you're referring to now. In his last season if he's non committal about staying .... for sure we need to get something for him before he leaves.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

agreed. seems like he's content with just having a ring and has been just going through the motions ever since

Toklat likes this.
  6. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

:This:

7. FrontOfJersey22

I don’t know some need to get so emo over another grown man.
    AD is a phenomenal talent, when he’s not in street clothes.
    I don’t ever want to trade him.
    I also don’t ever want to witness a season like the one we just came out of, but AD is ALREADY bruised and hobbled after game two.
    We shouldn’t trade him for anything, but if the opportunity arises, like they do every single season, we should not hesitate to move him.
    That’s just my opinion. You don’t have to like it. I’ve seen this sad story for the past two years in a row and don’t want to witness it for a third.
    Unless LeBronze and AD each play around 70 games a piece, AND Rob somehow brings in some shooting help, this team has no chance at even making the playoffs.

ZenMaster and TIME like this.
  8. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:THT Heart Hands:

TIME likes this.
  10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Ok now I’m annoyed. It isn’t TOXIC to contemplate trading a player that can’t stay healthy, to think about what you can possibly get now to help the franchise so we don’t get zero when his contract is up and have to start from scratch. Stars get traded sometimes because as good as they are it isn’t working out and it’s time for a change for everyone, it doesn’t make it foolish. Abeer was talking trading AD a few pages ago and now it’s insane and we’re all dumb? WTF am I taking crazy pills? I never said “trade him now!”, but I am curious what we could get, it’s a legit question if he gets injured again, he’s already hobbled and it’s 2 games in.

11. FrontOfJersey22

Yeah, right?
    We all want what’s best for the team here and just have varied opinions and concerns about moving forward.
    Isn’t what this place was created for? To discuss such things? I think ALL of us who have even hinted at the thought of trading AD have mentioned that we would prefer if the guy could stay healthy and we never would have to even bring it up.
    I guarantee you that every single person in the Laker Front Office has had multiple conversations regarding this exact topic since watching what transpired the other night.
    This is the make or break season for AD and many of us here aren’t afraid of discussing it.

ElginTheGreat, Toklat and TIME like this.
  12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

to be clear: i'm anti-trading AD. if you look at the context of one of those posts, i think it was in response to someone saying he had no value on the trade market or something. i strongly disagreed.

saying i was "wide open" to it was a bit of hyperbole because it represented such a turn from my normal stance on it (it's dumb). what i should have said was: if someone offered me a young allstar for AD right now, in a vacuum, i'd have to consider it based on his availability issues. this is far different from the trade mr. glass talk, and i think you know that. it's also why i asked people to name who they'd move him for--that's a more fruitful conversation than happens here most of the time.

mostly, i'm highlighting that his random back tightness was the kind of thing that worries me more than his violent ankle twists, etc, as the former speaks to conditioning/fitness/fragility moreso than the latter.

anyway, no, not wide open. more open than i was, which was entirely closed under any circumstance.

as for toxicity, this thread is full of bad takes, and it's weird how gleefully folks on a fan site trash a guy who brought a title here and then got hurt.

Juronimo, Weezy and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. FrontOfJersey22

We all know that a lot changes throughout an NBA season.
    I have no idea which young star may become disgruntled with his current situation three months from now.
    I also don’t have all of the inside connections that most good GMs have built up over their careers.
    I’m a game developer.
    How the heck would I be privy to any hush hush inside info regarding any of these players? That’s not my job, nor the world I live in.
    Furthermore, I have no idea about the mental capacity of any of these “stars” to handle the next level pressure of carrying the Premier Franchise of the NBA on their back and into the future.

Guys like Jerry West did. There’s others, but that ain’t me.

14. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I know AD is a touchy subject for everyone but it is the core topic for future success. We got AD to not only help Lebron win a championship, which he did, but to also lead us when Lebron retires. I think he has shown himself to not be that guy. So is it best to keep AD in place as your second best player and try to land another number one? Building a team you have to be able to define your players. Is AD still able to be a robin on a championship team?

abeer3, Weezy and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  15. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Weezy I’m not referring to you as toxic, the lakers fan base definitely is. They’re creating memes to make fun of AD and his injuries, hoping others get injured, abusing players all last season.

I’m fine with that - IF they actually have a solution. But no one does and it’s just piling on and general bullying from an entitled fanbase.

abeer3, SamsonMiodek and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    If this three are available Jokic, Giannis or Luka maybe, then yeah we should trade AD but this doesn’t mean we can’t contemplate in the meantime with what to do with his soft a** lol

17. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

This is a valid talking point.

The most successful franchises are able to acquire talent and not get rid of it. AD at his best can be a 1B during a playoff run to Lebron James. There isn’t more than a handful of players that can do that.

We can always trade AD for a shaq like package that has absolutely no impact on our competitiveness.

abeer3 and Toklat like this.
  18. FrontOfJersey22

For me, it depends upon how his body holds up throughout this season. If he plays in close to 70 games this year, then sure, keep him as your Robin moving forward.
    However, like I said earlier, if the right opportunity arises, and a great young star wants out of his situation, I would strongly consider moving AD. That being said, I don’t think this FO has the balls to.

Toklat likes this.
  19. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

FFS

The dude is probable for game 3 of the season and contemplating trading him if the opportunity arises or even actively looking what is there, behind closed doors, is dumb and the fanbase is toxic? GTFO

Funny thing is, this is one of those times where the time will show without any shade of a doubt who was right, and some of you will be spinning s*** like some sort of BS DJs... Just like we see with Westbrook.

20. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Ok, so who are you trading AD for then? You don't have any solutions to make us better, you're just complaining.

abeer3 likes this.