Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

BS. Hyperbole IMO.

SamsonMiodek, lakerjones and abeer3 like this.
  2. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Your arguments regarding AD are all whataboutism.
    Fact is, second straight season to the garbage because he didn't stay healthy. That's a problem, period

3. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Completely agree.

lakerjones, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

S*** happens injuries are a problem, period. LMAO. Luck every year plays huge part in successful seasons. Those injuries happen!

abeer3 likes this.
  5. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Yes, but they seem to happen more often to some players than others, and last longer for some than others.

Obvious examples to make the point: compare AC Green to AD, or Kobe to Kendrick Nunn.

6. Winston562

Winston562 - Rookie -

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

9th place. parade time.

the lakers traded:

ingram
    hart
    ball
    picks

for

1 ring

i'd do it again. over and over. i honestly hope not to have to do it again, because it will mean we sucked for five years again.

JSM, lakerjones, TIME and 1 other person like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

HE DIDN'T SCORE 35 POINTS IN A GAME THIS YEAR!!!!!1111

Juronimo and sirronstuff like this.
  9. LTLakerFan

AC Green and Kobe …. 2 freaks (in good way) to the opposite extreme. Kobe had the s*** happens like everyone else and tolerated the pain to play through them like no one else in NBA history. Spoiled everyone in Lakers Nation.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

brandon ingram hasn't played more than 62 games since his rookie year.

Mr GLasS!!!11

Juronimo and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    AD snapped up that contract extension in a hurry for a reason. If he doesn't trust his body, why should I? Fair question haha.

Or he's keeping an eye on market conditions and thought it was the smartest thing to do. Either way, he's not playing like a max player.

Khmrp likes this.
  12. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    AD was subpar early in the season. But I thought he mostly looked good after his return from the knee injury (despite not being 100%), and he’s mostly looked good now after his recent return from the ankle injury (despite being even less than 100%).

I’m concerned about how injury prone he is. I’m not too concerned about his on-court production when he is actually able to play.

13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

You can kill me for it, but I think this matters. He used to be this guy in NO, but he doesn’t seem able to be this guy anymore. 28/8/9 is very good, but Jokic was better, 38/18/6. Embiid would likely be better, Giannis would be better, these guys would put up 40, 45 points. I think he had like a 33 or 34 point game this season, but I swear he had like 25 or so at the half and then just sort of stopped being aggressive like he does. Sorry, is what it is, AD says he’s that guy, he was supposed to take over for LeBron, ok, so be that guy, prove it, actually do it. I just don’t see it anymore. He’s a great player, but he’s not leading you to anything other than maybe the 2nd round. That combined with only playing 36 games last year and 40 so far this year is why I’d be ok with trading him, we could get some nice pieces to start over. Don’t have to agree with me, just rambling since our season is over.

14. pika1708

This is my exact opinion. Been saying it before the injuries. He is very good, but not enough. We need another top10 in the roster. And it's not going to be LeBron. He can be #2, you can't build around him, it needs to be around a superstar

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, still think the fact that people have to go to the three leading mvp candidates to throw shade at AD sort of makes the point. you can't trade him for them. so why are you trading him?

16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I just listed the other top big men in the league. He’s supposed to be in their company, he was in their company a couple years ago, but for some reason he isn’t now, it’s like he’s lost the fire or something.

And again, I trade him because he’s our only trade asset, he’s probably literally our only way to turn this around and start the rebuild. We don’t have any draft picks, we don’t have any tradable pieces, we don’t have anything to offer aside from like partial MLE and minimum contracts. This year was bad, now imagine free agency after the league seeing what we did with Ellington, Baze, Ariza, and DJ. What free minimum contract free agents will want to join us seeing how that went for them? If AD weren’t injury prone I wouldn’t even suggest it, but we cannot win with half a season of him every year, we just cannot, we need players that are at least a threat to stay on the floor. For as much as I can’t stand Russ, I can at least say he was available, he played through almost everything, we need guys like that. Health is not guaranteed, but some guys have a record of being sturdy. Take a guy like Larry Nance Jr as another example, I liked the guy a lot, but I was not sad to see him go, nor would I care to get him back, because the guy is always nursing some injury, we need to get away from guys like that as best we can.

abeer3 and alam1108 like this.
  17. pika1708

So AD is not comparable with the top3. That says a lot about your opinion of him. I'm surprised.
    Actually I remember you comparing him with Ingram and Lavine. Now it makes sense.

I agree with your assessment of the value of AD in this league

18. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Next year he needs to get himself back into Giannis/Embiid/Jokic realm. He never peaked as high as those guys but in NO and his 1st year in LA he was on that level.

He needs to assert himself as the main guy.

19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

n how are you half full on Ad outlook given the last 2yrs worth of injuries?

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

availability = best ability and when folks deflect its a sign they know whats said is true just cant muster up any other excuse (i.e. trump lawyers bringing up Biden son during a hearing for trump offenses lol), those others OLDER players you like to reference arent Lakers. why should we care? btw my stance wasnt trade AD at all cost but i find your counter laughable, as if any of these other older injured stars has any bearing on AD injury history

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022