Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    AD’s ankle almost did:Adlaughing:

sirronstuff and Kenzo like this.
  2. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

That ankle injury is all Russ’ fault. Damn ninja turtle

sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  3. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Here we go again

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

a harder ankle would have broken the floor. giannis's ankle might have grown a second joint. we should trade AD. i know giannis isn't available. but we should trade him for someone like that. you know, perennial mvp candidate who's never hurt. that's what i, a VERY hard alpha fan, deserve.

Juronimo, JSM, LTLakerFan and 3 others like this.
  5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I would absolutely entertain trade offers for him. But they will suck, so...

FrontOfJersey22 and sirronstuff like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

cool. who do you want? is it one from that list of 29 guys better than him? which one? good news is that none of them will sprain their ankles. so we have that to look forward to.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Mr Glass

:Noddingyes:

very Robinesque @LT

:Laugh:

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm being sarcastic, but seriously: have people not played sports? there's a difference between the kind of injuries AD's had this year and the kind of injuries that can be chalked up to softness/improper conditioning, etc.

he'll end up missing half the year due to a) a guy being pushed into his stationary leg, and b) stepping on a guy's foot and rolling an ankle pretty badly. file under "s*** happens".

the kind of injuries that make you want to trade people are things like porzingis's random bone bruises and knee swelling that occur after nothing unusual has happened on the court. that's when you know that something is just fundamentally physically wrong with a guy. or zion's feet doing weird things left and right.

these are just bad luck injuries. but we need to tell an angry story, i guess.

9. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

This sucks and I think he's out until next year. And maybe it's better that way, just to let him heal to 100%. Whether it's being brittle or in some cases just being unlucky, AD can't seem to stay on the floor for any prolonged stretch of time and that's too bad. Even if the team was doing great, you just don't know if he will be there or not when it matters most. It's not his fault, of course, but that's what we're dealing with right now and next year, of course.

10. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Hilarity chimes in twice from the Islands above …. below? Wherever the heck they are. :clap:

KareemtheGreat33 and sirronstuff like this.
  12. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Bad luck or not... these things seem to follow certain dudes. Bynum comes to mind. And yes, I am pretty sure that he could be more careful (see tops, low).

Don't tell me you wouldn't see who can be had. You absolutely wood. Problem is, and hence my "offers would suck", you are not getting Giannis. You may not even be getting Booker.

But at some point you should contemplate the old saying about good money going after bad...

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i honestly wouldn't explore any AD trade unless he asked out. you already know the answer is no for giannis, jokic, and luka. i think embiid's injury concerns are of the serious variety (non-contact, repetitive use type injuries that are due to him being huge), so i wouldn't bother there, either.

everybody else is a clear step down and/or a similar risk. why alienate your guy by shopping him because he twisted his ankle?

anyway, never be the seller in a star trade.

Pioneer10, 432J, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  14. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

if Lebron was gone I'd consider trading him for a Haliburton or a young star of that caliber that you can build a young team around.

trading him while Lebron is still here and playing this well is definitely premature.

15. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

You cant trade him. I look at AD and his contract as sort of the price of that ring. But I really dont see how we construct a contender around him, his injuries will probably only get worse as he hits 30, and we traded away all our picks for him so tanking isnt even a viable strategy. We went "all-in" when we signed an old Lebron and traded our entire team away for AD. It paid off with a ring. Now we have to wait out this window of mediocrity. Until ADs contract winds down. Because if you are a star (Luka, Beal) are you going to chance wasting your prime years on a team where your running mate will likely not be available come June?

JSM, Cookie, pika1708 and 2 others like this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

you mean like injuring his wrist on a dunk 1gm after coming back from the leg injury? with bigs, its a domino, doesnt matter hows he getting injured

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'd rather build around 30 year old AD than 22 year old haliburton.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  18. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Maybe Donovan Mitchell will. Rumors are rampant about their locker room issues and the Jazz don’t look like they are getting over any time soon. He’s a guy I think we could possibly get here and he’d be my number one target. Almost seemed like he was auditioning last night with that monster game. Cuban will never let Luka leave.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, ok, i get it.

totally disagree and see no reason to believe AD couldn't be back to playing 68-70 games a year for the rest of his contract.

but hey, i'm sure we can get a very durable non-star for him and everyone will be thrilled with the results.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

cuban doesn't get to let things happen. luka will leave if he wants to, and they really haven't done anything that inspires confidence, imo.

mitchell, luka, beal as soon as next year if he doesn't sign an extension or opt out this summer (if you look at who has space, he might just opt in).

beal himself just had a down year and will end up missing half of it. guarantee washington isn't trying to cash out, though.

point is we're talking wistfully about tyrese haliburton and this has officially jumped the shark. i was here pre-AD and it was way worse knowing that even if folks were healthy we totally sucked night in and night out.

brandon ingram is way better than haliburton.