Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

You can still play some defense with a bad shoulder (CP3). Not the same with a bad groin.

AD was grimacing just by lightly sidestepping in warmups. Barring a literal miracle in the next 24 hours, sit the guy.

Helljumper, Pioneer10 and Weezy like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

It was commented on here. Read back if the common sense for the situation now still escapes you. What do you NOT get about chancing wrecking to a great deal the rest of his off season where hopefully he can get stronger again, or worse his career and hamstringing the Lakers future with what we have invested in him?

Weezy likes this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

soft is someone asking for a player to sit while said player is asking to play, if hes cant go so be it

4. wallangong

KD was cleared by GSW to play and look how that turned out. You’re repeatedly disregarding that we could be destroying our own franchise’s future by letting him play, to maybe force a game 7? Sometimes the responsible thing to do is to save a player from themselves.

5. LTLakerFan

You guys and your ability to take someone else's pain and gut it out with no regard for them physically. LMAO!! Armchair warriors for the win. We already saw him try to do it. He may very well try to gut it out. We're just saying it's not worth it as our chances seem at this point non existent to win three more even tougher rounds.

6. wallangong

And when AD “guts it out” and tears his groin or some other injury as his body overcompensates, the same people will continue to call him soft and injury prone.

Juronimo, Cookie, Helljumper and 2 others like this.
  7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

is he not?

8. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Note that I would advocate sitting for him but this is a weird playoff bracket.
    The Suns are rightfully a #2 seed with the second best record in the league. then you get a chance at a Denver team which is missing Murray and then the next 2 rounds should be really tough.

Odd situation where sitting him is the right thing to do either way and pray for some KCP and LEbron health to get you by Phoenix and Denver. That could give AD time to actually heal up pretty well.

Helljumper and LTLakerFan like this.
  9. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Right, or they’ll act like they never wanted AD to play and deflect their blame to the front office. “See, that’s why we should’ve forced him to sit! Fire Rob and Jeanie!”

This isn’t addressed to anyone here, just to some of the general sentiment in social media where it seems like all these people calling AD soft are just looking for a scapegoat. For example I saw a heavily liked tweet responding to AD’s Kobe shirt yesterday saying “Kobe would’ve played”. Really disappointing to see such ludicrous takes from our fans. Even had Snoop Dogg saying the Clippers were better than us and calling AD soft.

10. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

It’s been a bad few days. Everyone is on edge. I don’t think all members are going to agree on whether playing AD or not is the right thing to do. Unless someone wants to add something new or a different outlook, let’s just agree to disagree.

King3, ElginTheGreat and TIME like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

No! To the death! It's what happens here when you're tough.

:Fishwink:

12. LTLakerFan

But out of respect for you Cookie .....

Cookie likes this.
  13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

if he plays and doesnt get hurt and they win great, he plays and they still lose no biggie at least he tried but I'll concede if it can cause him further dmg for the long haul an Dr says no then he shouldnt play

lakerjones, Helljumper and Cookie like this.
  14. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student

Well, this is a little frustrating. I mean obviously it makes sense that the chain reaction of overcompensating for the knee likely contributed to the groin injury.

But if I recall, Vogel seemed to downplay that originally. Acted like AD would be able to play on the knee before Game 4 because it was just about pain management and not putting him at risk of further injury. Then after the groin injury, he continued to downplay the knee, saying it was fine and the groin was now their top priority.

I don’t necessarily blame Vogel for that, but it makes me question the judgement of the medical team a bit. Feel like there have been many other scenarios where they acted like the players would just have to fight through pain, but not at any further risk. May even have been after the first Achilles aggravations earlier this year.

And I’ve always been skeptical at those claims. Fighting through the pain of one injury, especially some of the lower body injuries our guys have been playing through, will often inherently increase your risk of other injuries.

LTLakerFan and TIME like this.
  15. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    The medical team is always going to lean toward the side of caution as they should. It's not like the old days where they would shoot guys with Cortisone and painkillers and send them out to play. And I'll always love Kobe for how he played through unbelievable physical injuries, but he should not be the template of how AD makes those decisions. I'm in favor of shutting him down and starting fresh next year. If he could go, AD would not be deferring to the the medical staff.

16. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Keep him out next game. If we get to game 7 let’s see.

17. Chick-n-Stew

Chick-n-Stew - Rookie -

If he can play, he better play. No looking back. Do or die mode. We're cooked if he's out. Need to stay alive.
    OK, am I optimistic about our chances? Not securely. Do we have the pieces to get it done? Probably. The chance is now so go get it..
    Lets see if this team has championship heart.
    Not holding my breath.

18. JD

JD - Rookie -

Retired
    Mr Glass

19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Hopefully the medical staff knows what they're doing. Need AD to be AD and not a decoy

ElginTheGreat and wallangong like this.
  20. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

If our role players shoot 20% from the field, doesn’t matter if AD plays. If they shoot reasonably AD and Lebron dont have to both go super human

ElginTheGreat likes this.